The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 12/16/2009   #1
ForceStealer
Default Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

All right all you impatient folk, have at it here with your Cid spoilers and ending sequences so you don't drive the rest of us crazy

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2009   #2
DrakeClawfang
Default Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Apparently the game was leaked. Who wants a huge-ass spoiler about Cid?

(SPOILER)
Reminds me of Seymour.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
DrakeClawfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Mama Dragon (12/16/2009), shenron118 (12/16/2009), The Twilight Mexican (12/16/2009)
Old 12/16/2009   #3
sheens

(SPOILER) SEYMOUR FLUX WITHOUT THE BADASS HOVERCRAFT.
sheens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2009   #4
shenron118

DrakeClawfang wrote: Apparently the game was leaked. Who wants a huge-ass spoiler about Cid?

(SPOILER)
Reminds me of Seymour.

This kind of thing must piss off game developers like nothing else. SE needs to lock up their long-awaited releases better.

(SPOILER) It looks a bit like he half transformed into a l'cie corpse.
shenron118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2009   #5
DrakeClawfang

TresDias wrote: Thanks for the spoiler! Interested in what the hell it actually means. XD
Well I thought it was obvious, but alright - it's (SPOILER) a boss info screen. Cid mutates from the power of the fal'Cie and becomes that thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 12/16/2009   #6
The Twilight Mexican

DrakeClawfang wrote: Well I thought it was obvious, but alright - it's (SPOILER) a boss info screen. Cid mutates from the power of the fal'Cie and becomes that thing.
Well, yeah, I got that. But I'm wondering if it means (SPOILER) he's the final boss, you kill him, save him, etc..

EDIT: What's the password for the stream, Drake?

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 12/16/2009 at 07:26 AM.
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2009   #7
Mama Dragon

DrakeClawfang wrote: I know huh Alex? It came as a bit of a shock at first, but in hindsight, come on, it was fairly obvious.
I kinda expected that since (SPOILER) he was the only character besides the main group whose design was overseen by Nomura. Unless the bad guy was still a secret, Cid had all the numbers to become one. So it seems that we have to kick another drop-dead gorgeous pretty boy's ass until next Thursday, oh well

TresDias wrote: Well, yeah, I got that. But I'm wondering if it means (SPOILER) he's the final boss, you kill him, save him, etc..
As I said to Drake, (SPOILER) unless the final boss is still a secret, I bet that Cid is our next punching bag. I kinda had some hope that he wasn't, but it seems he is. Still, I see his level a little low. 68 is not that big of a number if the game follows the tradition of having a roof of 99 for our characters.
Mama Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #8
DrakeClawfang

SPOILERZ ABOUT CID AGAIN

(SPOILER) That earlier pic is apparently form one of several. Good to see "Power gives you Wings" is alive and well in FF13.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/19/2009)
Old 12/18/2009   #9
Makoeyes987

DrakeClawfang wrote: SPOILERZ ABOUT CID AGAIN

(SPOILER) That earlier pic is apparently form one of several. Good to see "Power gives you Wings" is alive and well in FF13.

To be honest, (SPOILER) those are some pretty awesome looking wings. Not the usual angel wings we see all the time.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2009   #10
Dark and Divine

It seems that (SPOILER) the two girls in the FFXIII logo are Vanille and Fang. The logo itself makes sense after seeing the ending of the game
Old 12/19/2009   #11
Dark and Divine

Lightning's real name is (SPOILER) Eclair, wich is french for "lightning"
Old 12/19/2009   #12
Ghost X

(SPOILER) I wonder what the french call her then, lol
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2009   #13
Mantichorus

Dark and Divine wrote: Lightning's real name is (SPOILER) Eclair, wich is french for "lightning"
It's a type of cream cake here in the UK.

Seriously though, that pic of (SPOILER) Cid's OWA form is AWESOME. I want this game... soonish. But give me time to finish FFXII first, OK SE Europe?
To keep one step ahead of you
L.E. Modesitt, Jr wrote: Sometimes cynicism is the last refuge of the idealist.
As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn't measure up.
You think water moves fast? You should see ice. It moves like it has a mind. Like it knows it killed the world once and got a taste for murder.
Gym Leader Kris sprite by Brooke

Sam Vimes arrested a dragon... and carries the law with him like an Ampharos
Vimes and PokeSammies sprite by GLD
Mantichorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2009   #14
The Twilight Mexican

DrakeClawfang wrote: SPOILERZ ABOUT CID AGAIN

Thanks for that!

Dark and Divine wrote: It seems that (SPOILER) the two girls in the FFXIII are Vanille and Fang. The logo itself makes sense after seeing the ending of the game
The ending is available online now? Shit, I gots to go check Nico Nico Douga.

ForceStealer wrote: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ja...-fantasy/60140

Is it really necessary to make Vanille run like that? Really?
Yes, really. It's adorable.
Old 12/19/2009   #15
Mama Dragon

Watching the videos in Japanese to know who's the evil final guy/gal/whatever before anyone else is cool and that but... does anyone think that they will release any fansub version? I don't know you, but I like to know what is being said on the dialogues.

Also, I'm so, so, soooooooooo tempted to click on the link and know Lightning's name! But I won't. I've spoiled myself enough already with (SPOILER) Cid's pretty wings. Heh, he will be the first Cid in the whole series who can fly on his own.
Mama Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote