The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 06/12/2018   #31
looneymoon

I really really REALLY hope this gets allowed if DMC5 does well

https://twinfinite.net/2017/11/hidek...tta-crossover/

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tetsujin (06/12/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/12/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #32
Cthulhu

I hardly remember DMC 1 and 2, they felt more like puzzle games to me - lots of wandering around and the occasional crappy fight.

DMC 3 is where it really kicks off and it comes into its own as a high speed 3rd person action game. DMC 4 continues in this vein with a different protagonist / abilities and shit. If you're limited in time, stick to DMC 3 and 4.

https://youtu.be/F0DbezQV8Gk?t=197
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/12/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #33
ForceStealer

DMC1 was originally supposed to be Resident Evil 4, and you can tell in its design. There are more puzzles and RE's insanely frustrating slow-typing text at the bottom of the screen. But I also prefer its atmosphere to that of 3 (though it makes sense as he's younger in 3), so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.

Last edited by ForceStealer; 06/13/2018 at 02:08 PM.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Cthulhu (06/13/2018), Literally Who? (06/13/2018), looneymoon (06/12/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/12/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #34
Literally Who?

ForceStealer wrote: DMC1 was originally supposed to be Resident Evil 4, and you can tell in its design. There are more puzzles and RE's insanely frustrating slow-typing text at the bottom of the screen. But I also prefer its atmosphere to that of 3 (though it makes sense as he's younger in 3), so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A lot of animations are pulled straight out of RE as well, especially stuff where like you find key items or insert them into the doors they inevitably unlock are classic Resident Evil lol.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (06/13/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #35
Cthulhu

Okay that makes sense then
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2018   #36
Tetsujin

So I'm reading this dude

is supposed to be Morrison from the anime aka this dude:

Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (06/23/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/23/2018   #37
ForceStealer

What is it about Capcom prerendered scene faces? There's just something about it that I can always tell it's a Capcom game. I can't quite put my finger on it and it's not necessarily good or bad just...identifiable. Maybe it's the way they move?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Literally Who? (06/23/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/23/2018   #38
Literally Who?

I know exactly what you mean.

I kinda felt racist while watching a recently shown RE2 gameplay video because I thought the cop at the end of the clip looked like the cop from RE7 ._.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/23/2018   #39
Tetsujin

ForceStealer wrote: What is it about Capcom prerendered scene faces? There's just something about it that I can always tell it's a Capcom game. I can't quite put my finger on it and it's not necessarily good or bad just...identifiable. Maybe it's the way they move?
I don't think there's any prerendered scene here.

Eitherway, recently they've been doing photogrammetry for all their faces in RE, so actual people being scanned and stuff. They're doing it for DMC5 too.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (06/25/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #40
X-SOLDIER

It's also likely that all of these games are running on the RE Engine that makes them look identifiably similar.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2018   #41
Ergo

Right, someone needs to explain wtf is happening with the DMC plotline in relation to this game.

Originally I thought this was the sequel to the prequel but everyone is saying this is actually Nero who may or may not be Virgil's son?

Can someone please summarise wtf has occured XD

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Literally Who? (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #42
Literally Who?

Ergo wrote: Right, someone needs to explain wtf is happening with the DMC plotline in relation to this game.

Originally I thought this was the sequel to the prequel but everyone is saying this is actually Nero who may or may not be Virgil's son?

Can someone please summarise wtf has occured XD
Yeah it's a sequel to 4, That is Nero. There was some stuff that confirmed that Nero is Vergils son post 4's release(artbooks and stuff), and Neros hand may or may not be Vergils Soul, thus why it getting cut off and stolen by a demon... is a big deal

edit:

Found the page that confirms Nero and Vergil relation

Thanked by 4:
Minato (06/27/2018), Shademp (06/27/2018), Strangelove (06/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #43
Shademp

Literally Who? wrote: and Neros hand may or may not be Vergils Soul
*has Metal Gear flashbacks*
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Literally Who? (06/27/2018), Minato (06/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #44
Minato

Shademp wrote:
Well, don't worry. He has now removed his old arm transplant from the main characters brother and replaced with a robot arm.

...Wait
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Literally Who? (06/28/2018), Shademp (06/28/2018), Tetsujin (06/28/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #45
Clement Rage

Minato wrote:
Shademp wrote:
Well, don't worry. He has now removed his old arm transplant from the main characters brother and replaced with a robot arm.

...Wait
I am okay with this.
Literally Who? (06/28/2018), Shademp (06/28/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)