The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 07/09/2018   #16
Strangelove

magic fireworks
lol

'mako reactor, the highwind, and the mako cannon' (i'm surprised google got 'mako cannon' right but not the reactor

the video just seems to be explaining what each point on that slide is about. the first one is about producing graphics in-game using the unreal engine that are of the same quality as prerendered visuals. the second is having face and body motion data going into the game engine in real time. the third is about the square enix cafe in akihabara, where they occasionally have a visual works exhibit/vr contents where you ride on a train through midgar and trying out the unreal engine for that. there appears to have been a video showcasing their work which may have had some more images of these things before that slide but it looks like they couldn't upload that part and it skips that.

the rest is about the new densha de go arcade game they're making.
Alex Strife (07/10/2018), BforBrigitta (07/10/2018), Dark and Divine (07/09/2018), Lex (07/09/2018), Radigar (07/09/2018), Shademp (07/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/09/2018)
Old 07/09/2018   #17
ChipNoir

Strangelove wrote:
magic fireworks
lol

'mako reactor, the highwind, and the mako cannon' (i'm surprised google got 'mako cannon' right but not the reactor

the video just seems to be explaining what each point on that slide is about. the first one is about producing graphics in-game using the unreal engine that are of the same quality as prerendered visuals. the second is having face and body motion data going into the game engine in real time. the third is about the square enix cafe in akihabara, where they occasionally have a visual works exhibit/vr contents where you ride on a train through midgar and trying out the unreal engine for that. there appears to have been a video showcasing their work which may have had some more images of these things before that slide but it looks like they couldn't upload that part and it skips that.

the rest is about the new densha de go arcade game they're making.

Occasionally? How often? I wonder if we can get someone to try it...
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2018   #18
T@ctic

ChipNoir wrote:
Everything.
cloud does look rather...unappealing, but it's obvious that he is still being under development. he hasn't gained any mass from the last trailer which i said before makes him look lowkey gaunt but i'm not worrying that much.

i don't like video capture for VGs because they tend to exaggerate movements for the characters, so i hope it's not done 100% for all the characters. but of course that won't happen since the fight moves are pretty inhuman. otherwise the BG cards are freaking beautiful. hugely anticipating.
Thanked by:
Minato (07/09/2018)
Old 07/09/2018   #19
ChipNoir

T@ctic wrote:
ChipNoir wrote:
Everything.
cloud does look rather...unappealing, but it's obvious that he is still being under development. he hasn't gained any mass from the last trailer which i said before makes him look lowkey gaunt but i'm not worrying that much.

i don't like video capture for VGs because they tend to exaggerate movements for the characters, so i hope it's not done 100% for all the characters. but of course that won't happen since the fight moves are pretty inhuman. otherwise the BG cards are freaking beautiful. hugely anticipating.

Its a running gag for me at this point. Cloud's hairstyle in the remake is considerably different, particularly that long hanging fringe of bangs on his left side and the overall dense 'fluffiness'. Its always bugged the hell out of me.
Old 07/10/2018   #20
T@ctic

ChipNoir wrote: Its a running gag for me at this point. Cloud's hairstyle in the remake is considerably different, particularly that long hanging fringe of bangs on his left side and the overall dense 'fluffiness'. Its always bugged the hell out of me.
well yeah it's his "original" hair before the compilation took over right? it does look different but not that much imo.
Old 07/10/2018   #21
Addy Carver

Slight side track but I remember the original Densha de Go and now I feel fucking old. To be fair I was thirteen at the time it came out.
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/10/2018)
Old 07/10/2018   #22
ChipNoir

Addy Carver wrote: Slight side track but I remember the original Densha de Go and now I feel fucking old. To be fair I was thirteen at the time it came out.
Whats Densha de Go?
Old 07/10/2018   #23
Lilly Pilly

Can someone put my fears to rest that this isn't going to be another decade in production like XV, before I throw myself into the Lifestream, and also, Cloud's hair looks like a wig.
Lilly Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
f a n c y (07/21/2018)
Old 07/10/2018   #24
Ryuman

ChipNoir wrote:
Addy Carver wrote: Slight side track but I remember the original Densha de Go and now I feel fucking old. To be fair I was thirteen at the time it came out.
Whats Densha de Go?
It's a popular train simulator series. Didn't realise until now that it was under SE thanks to the Taito purchase.
Ryuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/10/2018)
Old 07/10/2018   #25
ChipNoir

Lilly Pilly wrote: Can someone put my fears to rest that this isn't going to be another decade in production like XV, before I throw myself into the Lifestream, and also, Cloud's hair looks like a wig.

Nobody can really do that. The only hope that we can give you is Square hasn't gone completely silent like they've done for Versus.

And yes, welcome to the "I hate Cloud's Hair" club.
Old 07/11/2018   #26
Lilly Pilly

ChipNoir wrote:
Nobody can really do that. The only hope that we can give you is Square hasn't gone completely silent like they've done for Versus.
Yeah, I know, but I like to live in denial.
Old 07/15/2018   #27
pxp

Your views guys? Night Sky Prince on YouTube is adamant this IS for 7:R:

“For those of you keep trying to call bullshit on this, it's literally on the Unreal Engine 4 Japanese page.

I know what I'm talking about lol.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...31611170807135
SoZettaSlow (07/15/2018)
Old 07/15/2018   #28
Lilly Pilly

pxp wrote: Your views guys? Night Sky Prince on YouTube is adamant this IS for 7:R:

“For those of you keep trying to call bullshit on this, it's literally on the Unreal Engine 4 Japanese page.

I watched this yesterday and then read all the comments about it being bullshit and was bummed out. So happy it isn't!
Old 07/15/2018   #29
pxp

So you believe him? Why?
Old 07/15/2018   #30
Minato

pxp wrote: Your views guys? Night Sky Prince on YouTube is adamant this IS for 7:R:

WTF is he talking about? There is no fireworks scene in Midgar. The iconic fireworks scene that has the "Interrupted by fireworks" music play to it is in the Gold Saucer
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
pxp (07/15/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/16/2018)