The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics All of the Final Fantasy-based tactical role-playing games.

Old 08/30/2010   #16
Trainer Red

Noob Saibot wrote: No, the Grimoire exists, and he ends up passing it to Luso. So yeah. It's pretty far from being erased or destroyed.

That fact alone pretty much kills that argument.
I had always assumed that when Marche and co got out of the book, the book would be unusable to go back in, like the wardrobe to Narnia. Glad to have that cleared up though.

Scared of Life wrote: I THINK The Wii can play Blue Ray because it has Bluetooth and aren't they the same thing?
I'm just a girl who bought the Wii because of the Wii Mote. It's so nice and it vibrates.
Trainer Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2010   #17
Madame Mayor

I've thought about this before, and it's one of the things about the story that makes it so interesting. A lot of people see the main characters are kids and just expect the story to be for kids as well. FFTA has a lot more depth than people give it credit for.

Smooth Criminal wrote: He needs to deal with who he is, and not try to live in a fantasy world where he's somebody he isn't. Reality isn't something that can just be erased and substituted with a Final Fantasy game.

That and I'm sure the world wouldn't appreciate being literally moved over to make way for a fantasy world.
Everyone else has pretty much said what I would. It's not a black and white issue. Yes his friends are happier in this fantasy, but it's not real. He has to make the tough decision, because he's the only one who can see things for what they are.

Sidenote: Ritz made me wish I had white hair.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (09/03/2010)
Old 09/02/2010   #18
Omega

But who is he to decide what's best for them?
Old 09/02/2010   #19
Madame Mayor

Diego Armando wrote: But who is he to decide what's best for them?
Because it's not just them, it's not just his friends, it's everyone being affected. The world is being changed, almost overwritten.

His friends are being given good things, so it's made it hard for them to look past and realize the real problems. He's not clouded by that, which gives him the responsibility to stand up and say this isn't right.
Thanked by:
Old 09/02/2010   #20
Alessa Gillespie

IT'S AMORETTA VIRGINE

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Madame Mayor (09/02/2010)
Old 09/02/2010   #21
Omega

But how is he to just decide that for them?

He's got every right to want to go home, but he doesn't have the right to drag them back when they don't want to go.
Old 09/02/2010   #22
Madame Mayor

IT'S AMORETTA VIRGINE
Grim Grimoire = <3 LilletxAmoretta is my OTP of all time. XD

But how is he to just decide that for them?

He's got every right to want to go home, but he doesn't have the right to drag them back when they don't want to go.
Because it's not all about them, or him, it's about the whole world.
Thanked by:
Old 09/02/2010   #23
Omega

So save the world and leave them behind.
Old 09/02/2010   #24
Madame Mayor

Diego Armando wrote: So save the world and leave them behind.
Is that honestly a choice? I'll admit, it's been a few years now since my last playthrough, but I always thought saving the world and taking away their illusion went hand in hand.
Thanked by:
Old 09/02/2010   #25
Omega

From what I'm reading earlier in the thread, the fantasy world still exists after the fact, so I'm assuming so. I haven't played it since I did everything there was to do, and don't plan on playing it EVER again. XD
Old 09/02/2010   #26
Ryushikaze

Diego, the problem isn't 'Go home and leave my friends in the fantasy', it's 'Go home and leave my friends in the fantasy they are inadvertently forcing on this other world'

You point out 'what right does he have to do that', which is fair, but also begs the question, what right did they have to impose their reality on the other Ivalice? Remember, the power keeping them there is also rewriting reality, forcing not just their existences, but massive changes onto the world.

If Ivalice Alliance Ivalice 'Didn't exist', Marche would be far less justified. But it does, and Marche and Company's presence there- via the entity from the grimiore- was having a affect on the world that they actually remembered when they left. FFTA2 makes that inescapable.

So, yes, Marche was an asshole- more for the how rather than the what of his deeds- but he was right.
Thanked by:
Old 09/02/2010   #27
Omega

And again I say - so you fix all that, everything goes back to normal, yadda yadda. The fantasy Ivalice still exists, so why is it wrong for Ritz, Mewt, etc, to stay behind? Why then do they have to go back to the real world?
Old 09/02/2010   #28
Ryushikaze

Omega wrote: And again I say - so you fix all that, everything goes back to normal, yadda yadda. The fantasy Ivalice still exists, so why is it wrong for Ritz, Mewt, etc, to stay behind? Why then do they have to go back to the real world?
Because the spell keeping them there in the first place is now undone, and they're all snapping back, I would guess. If they want, I presume they can go back- Luso proves the Tome CAN be used to go back, and Mewt held onto it for all that time.

What's interesting in this discussion is MontBlanc and the other FF Ivalicians who knowingly Aid Marche in his quest, even knowing it COULD mean the end of their existence.
Thanked by: