The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 03/17/2018   #16
Blade

Geralt is one thing, but to be honest I want Lenneth.... she's all I've ever wanted in a Soul Calibur game.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2018   #17
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (04/13/2018), SeaDragon (04/12/2018)
Old 05/01/2018   #18
X-SOLDIER

The trailer for Taki leaked so I'd expect to see it up online officially soonish.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 05/01/2018   #19
Blade

^It's not a leak, it's a post-stream announcement.
^Here's hoping for:
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (05/01/2018)
Old 05/22/2018   #20
ForceStealer

Questionable rumor about Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth's inclusion.

I don't buy it, but a fun rumor. Ehrgeiz 2!

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Shademp (05/22/2018), Sprites (05/22/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/22/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #21
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (06/13/2018), Blade (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #22
Blade

Guess I'm saving up my cash for October.
^Here's hoping for:
Old 06/13/2018   #23
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Bandai-Namco is gonna bringing the current build of Soul Calibur VI for Max to play live on stream on Friday, after E3. He's gonna stream and VOD the whole thing, but if you wanna check it out with some really awesome dudes who know their whit when it comes to fighting games, you're gonna wanna check it out when he streams it.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 06/14/2018   #24
Blade

How the hell does Max get all his connections?
^Here's hoping for:
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/14/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #25
X-SOLDIER

Blade wrote: How the hell does Max get all his connections?
He's been a really close-knit part of the fighting game community for a REALLY long damn time, and has been doing that stuff for over a decade. That's why his channel is THE biggest fighting game channel on YouTube / hub on the internet. He built all the connections he's got with a metric shitton of devotion to what he does. He works his ass off to provide coverage of games, streams regularly, and has a reputation for being really level-headed about how he covers things.

I still feel like the best thing that covers him this is his video from two years ago:

YouTube Video

So that was two years ago. Today his YouTube channel is at 840,000 Subs, and he has >500,000 followers on Twitch. He is a MASSIVE pillar to the fighting game community in a way that nobody else is, and his passion and professionalism has only continued to enhance that and open doors for him. And really, I can't think of anybody better suited to it.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 06/15/2018   #26
Blade

It still bugs me that he's a Capcom loyalist, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
^Here's hoping for:
Old 06/15/2018   #27
X-SOLDIER

Curious what you mean by, "a Capcom loyalist" in this context.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 06/16/2018   #28
Blade

Let's just say I've been observing his channel for some time now, and it's very rare for him to play anything consistently other than Capcom games (Soul Calibur might be a rare exception).

I mean, yeah, he occasionally plays stuff like Mortal Kombat out of the blue, but he drops it almost immediately after and goes back to Capcom games.

Even stuff like BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Killer Instinct, Injustice, Skullgirls... there's just a ton of stuff he doesn't play for very long and just swings back to Capcom.

It was pretty sad watching him go on and on about Marvel Infinite.
^Here's hoping for:
Old 06/16/2018   #29
X-SOLDIER

I don't know if I'd agree with you on that at all, or what you've been watching if you think that. He plays a lot of games as they're at their peaks, because that's when people are most online to play them with and when you get the best matches in those games. But... that's what you have to do if you're going to run a successful gaming channel.

Case-in-point, just look over his VODs from what he's done this year since January: He plays a SHITTON of Dragonball FighterZ more than anything. He's played SFV, Tekken 7, & Injustice consistently when there're DLC/Updates for them. He even does other non-fighting game things like FFXIV, FFXV, & Monster Hunter, when he's not doing a flashback / retro fighting games day on his Twitch stream. He also plays a lot of Souls-type games when they're new as well.

He hasn't really done any streaming of MCVI since November. Even though he unabashedly REALLY likes it because of how fun it is to play, he's also VERY openly critical of its art, not to mention how Capcom handled the game as a whole. If you're just looking at the content he curates for YouTube – If you understand running YouTube as a job, those videos are based off of what his YT audience will give views for. It's the reason that he streams Smash Brothers a fair bit, but is VERY unlikely to put any of that on YouTube because of how aggressive Nintendo is with demonetization of anything involving their content.

If you think him playing a non-Capcom game is a fluke or that he just drops anything else to go back to them, I don't think you're really as familiar with his content as you think. He definitely loves Capcom games (especially given this what this last E3 has in store), but he's not attached to it WAY more than other games at all.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Ghost X (06/16/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #30
Blade

I agree with you that he has to play and feature games that people are in to when the scene is active for those games (or DLC comes out), but... I dunno.

I guess, from my perspective I'd love to see him play more obscure titles or stuff that's not as well-known or mainstream so more people get to see it.

DBFZ > pretty popular and well-known
T7 > also well-known and goes way back
Injustice > goes part and parcel with the MK crowd
Monster Hunter > also popular
FF games > popular (Dissidia NT didn't last long from what I saw)
Souls games > popular

You have to understand, I'm a diehard ARC System Works fan, so when I see a guy showcasing fighting games, I'd like them to show stuff that not only people know is good, but also need to know more about.

He's done a little Xrd, barely scratched BlazBlue (nevermind BBTag), and I haven't seen hide nor hair of older GG games like Accent Core from him.

Melty Blood, Yatagarasu, Under Night In-Birth, heck Samurai Shodown and Last Blade...

Well, that's just my small opinion, so let's not derail the topic any further.
^Here's hoping for:

Last edited by Blade; 06/16/2018 at 07:48 AM.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/16/2018)