The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 06/12/2018   #766
Tashasaurous
Tennyo wrote: James Arnold Taylor voiced Jack Sparrow in KHII. Maybe he perfected his voice?

I can't imagine they'd get Johnny Depp. I doubt even Disney is going to be willing to shill out that kind of money.
James might've. Plus, I don't think Johnny Depp would even have time to get into Kingdom Hearts as he's busy with movie roles as of this moment.

ultima espio wrote: Who voiced Kairi? I couldn’t tell if it was Alyson Stoner or not.
If it is Alyson Stoner, then there goes my hopes for Hayden Panettiere to return for KH3. Only Hayden can do justice with Kairi and I had hoped she would return for KH3 given her roles in KH1 and KH2, and even in Birth By Sleep. Not to mention her role as Xion in Dream Drop Distance.

But looks like Alyson is Kairi's permament role now and she voiced her in Chain of Memories and 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage while her main role was for Xion.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2018   #767
ForceStealer

That was definitely James Arnold Taylor as Sparrow. No idea on Kairi.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/12/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #768
Ryuman

Kairi is most likely Alyson Stoner. Panettiere wasn't even asked. https://twitter.com/haydenpanettier/...96816495001600
Ryuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (06/13/2018), Chloe Frazer (06/12/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/13/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #769
ultima espio

I think the recording was done while she was dealing with post natal depression, so they probably just left her alone for that reason. That's why she wasn't in 0.2.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/13/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #770
Tashasaurous
ultima espio wrote: I think the recording was done while she was dealing with post natal depression, so they probably just left her alone for that reason. That's why she wasn't in 0.2.

That, and also that she's probably too busy with the TV series Nashville since she plays one of the main characters.
Old 06/13/2018   #771
Dashell

So apparently KH III was set to release in Japan this year (hence 2018) but later on everywhere else. But they delayed the release of the Japanese version to get a more world wide release.... that's why it's not coming out in 2018... which... if THAT'S the reason, I'm perfectly fine with that
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Theozilla (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #772
Ryuman

Any source on that? I honestly thought it was just for polish.
Old 06/13/2018   #773
Dashell

Twitter?

I can try to find it, I heard IGN said it but I can't find it there either so uh... maybe not

EDIT
okay I found it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...-hero-6s-world

"...For Kingdom Hearts 3, the [Square Enix] western offices had requested to release the game as simultaneously as much as possible between Japan and America, so we were no longer able to just think about Japanese issues and retail situations," Nomura said.
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Channy (06/17/2018), Ryuman (06/13/2018), Theozilla (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #774
Theozilla

Huh, if that’s true, maybe that explains why Marluxia was in the Japanese version of the Pirates focused trailer but not the English version? That there’s still a lot of English voice recording and other localization stuff to do?

EDIT: From reading the rest of the article, apparently their financial/marketing team didn’t think the original date (presumably October to December-ish) would be good for Western markets? Is there just to much competition with other titles releasing during that period in the West, even with holiday shopping boosts?

Last edited by Theozilla; 06/13/2018 at 05:24 AM.
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2018   #775
Ryuman

Thanks for that. It sounds like it was going to be out worldwide but they were told that they date they had was a bad time to release it? The wording is a little confusing.
Thanked by:
Theozilla (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #776
Tashasaurous
Based on this latest interview, doesn't look like much if any of the Final Fantasy characters will be appearing in KH3, meaning that we won't be seeing the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee, Cloud, Tifa or Sephiroth.

Click here to view the article

Sad, really.

Not to mention that a terrible/tragic ending is pretty much confirmed now. Guess I'll have to accept that only Sora will be able to survive and KH3 is the final game of the entire series.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/13/2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06/13/2018   #777
Chloe Frazer

YouTube Video
Old 06/13/2018   #778
Alex Strife

Tashasaurous wrote: Not to mention that a terrible/tragic ending is pretty much confirmed now. Guess I'll have to accept that only Sora will be able to survive and KH3 is the final game of the entire series.
You're SO incredibly obsessed with this that you spend your life looking for things that hint a very much awfully terrible and horrifying ending.

I read the link you posted. Found literally nothing that could be misconstrued as bad, not to mention "a terrible/tragic ending is pretty much confirmed".

This is going to sound confrontational and I apologise in advance, since I am saying this for your own good but...

- If you're not obsessed with this topic, then you NEED to get your reading comprehension checked.
- If your reading comprehension is generally good and only impaired because of your obsession with the game and wanting to avoid this awfully terrible and horrifying ending... then you obviously have your priorities upside down and you need to calm down.

Tash, you have reached a point where you are becoming a charicature. Like, you are this 'character' who understands things that are not there and these things always seem to point towards the worst possible outcome. Which, of course, never happens (if there's any Harry Potter fan here, I'm thinking of professor Sybill Trelawney). And I'm very sure you don't want to be reduced to that.

If you have such passion for certain series, you should try to at least channel it towards a good goal, instead of making life hard for yourself and appearing ridiculously and almost incomprehensibly pessimistic.

Also, just to help out, in case you were worried about the sentence "I just wonder if everyone will be okay", it's super obvious bait. It neither confirms nor denies anything. Except, perhaps, that the story will feature conflict. Which is... normal for stories.
Old 06/13/2018   #779
HylianMogget

I really wasn't expecting Pirates to make a comeback, but I'm glad it did. Looks good - I love the pirate costumes and I'm looking forward to ship battles.

Tashasaurous wrote: Based on this latest interview, doesn't look like much if any of the Final Fantasy characters will be appearing in KH3, meaning that we won't be seeing the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee, Cloud, Tifa or Sephiroth.

Sad, really.

Not to mention that a terrible/tragic ending is pretty much confirmed now. Guess I'll have to accept that only Sora will be able to survive and KH3 is the final game of the entire series.
While I think it'd be a bit strange if the recurring FF characters don't come back (though I guess it could relatively easily be explained away), I think it does make sense that FF is being de-emphasized in KH. Dissidia pretty much fulfills the FF fanservice role that KH once did, so there's not going to be huge hype for seeing an older FF character modernized and voice-acted when the main characters and villains are already in Dissidia (and playable, not just cameos, assists, or secret bosses). I'd be nice to see characters that haven't made it into Dissidia (and might not make it in), like Celes, Beatrix, Balthier, Marche ("this isn't real, it's just a game!" ), etc, but at this point it's almost certainly never gonna happen.

I highly doubt KH3 is gonna be the last game of the series. It's a big series for S-E, I think particularly since modern FF is still kind of finding its way (and, honestly, kind of waning in the process), and I don't think Disney would just let it go (). Depending on how KH3 wraps up, maybe it's the last game for Sora and co. - again, I know nothing of the series' plot beyond KH2, but it looks like old characters from, like, all the games so far are coming back, so maybe it's going to be kind of a finale in that sense, but, who knows, Nomura could very well keep trucking along.
Old 06/13/2018   #780
Tashasaurous
Alex Strife wrote: You're SO incredibly obsessed with this that you spend your life looking for things that hint a very much awfully terrible and horrifying ending.

I read the link you posted. Found literally nothing that could be misconstrued as bad, not to mention "a terrible/tragic ending is pretty much confirmed".

This is going to sound confrontational and I apologise in advance, since I am saying this for your own good but...

- If you're not obsessed with this topic, then you NEED to get your reading comprehension checked.
- If your reading comprehension is generally good and only impaired because of your obsession with the game and wanting to avoid this awfully terrible and horrifying ending... then you obviously have your priorities upside down and you need to calm down.

Tash, you have reached a point where you are becoming a charicature. Like, you are this 'character' who understands things that are not there and these things always seem to point towards the worst possible outcome. Which, of course, never happens (if there's any Harry Potter fan here, I'm thinking of professor Sybill Trelawney). And I'm very sure you don't want to be reduced to that.

If you have such passion for certain series, you should try to at least channel it towards a good goal, instead of making life hard for yourself and appearing ridiculously and almost incomprehensibly pessimistic.

Also, just to help out, in case you were worried about the sentence "I just wonder if everyone will be okay", it's super obvious bait. It neither confirms nor denies anything. Except, perhaps, that the story will feature conflict. Which is... normal for stories.
You have a good point. I'm really sorry for behaving like this. I mean I am well aware that KH3 is going into a huge epic battle, I'm really concerned that the ending will end up like either FFXV or Infinty War, and I'm a fan for happy and/or good endings without many casulties.

I'm thinking for the game to be at least a bit similiar to At World's End and move on to the next saga to find out what happens next.

HylianMogget wrote: I really wasn't expecting Pirates to make a comeback, but I'm glad it did. Looks good - I love the pirate costumes and I'm looking forward to ship battles.

Tashasaurous wrote: Based on this latest interview, doesn't look like much if any of the Final Fantasy characters will be appearing in KH3, meaning that we won't be seeing the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee, Cloud, Tifa or Sephiroth.

Sad, really.

While I think it'd be a bit strange if the recurring FF characters don't come back (though I guess it could relatively easily be explained away), I think it does make sense that FF is being de-emphasized in KH. Dissidia pretty much fulfills the FF fanservice role that KH once did, so there's not going to be huge hype for seeing an older FF character modernized and voice-acted when the main characters and villains are already in Dissidia (and playable, not just cameos, assists, or secret bosses). I'd be nice to see characters that haven't made it into Dissidia (and might not make it in), like Celes, Beatrix, Balthier, Marche ("this isn't real, it's just a game!"), etc, but at this point it's almost certainly never gonna happen.

I highly doubt KH3 is gonna be the last game of the series. It's a big series for S-E, I think particularly since modern FF is still kind of finding its way (and, honestly, kind of waning in the process), and I don't think Disney would just let it go (). Depending on how KH3 wraps up, maybe it's the last game for Sora and co. - again, I know nothing of the series' plot beyond KH2, but it looks like old characters from, like, all the games so far are coming back, so maybe it's going to be kind of a finale in that sense, but, who knows, Nomura could very well keep trucking along.
Yeah, but since Radiant Garden is returning and Goofy mentioned the Restoration Committee, not to mention that Cloud is almost the icon of Final Fantasy considering he appeared in most of the games since he's FFVII's main protagonist, you would think they would come back.

Not only that, but despite Disney owning all of the Kingdom Hearts characters, it doesn't mean they're full Disney characters.

Reasons:

1: Nomura designed and created the Kingdom Hearts characters and he's the Final Fantasy character designer for many years.

2: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ven, Terra, and Aqua encountered Disney and Final Fantasy characters(more so for Sora than the Wayward Trio since they only met Zack).

3: Sora appeared as an DLC in World of Final Fantasy-a game run by only Final Fantasy characters with no Disney in them at all.

Therefore, if you really think about, all of the Kingdom Hearts original characters are Half-Disney-Half-Final Fantasy characters.
Thanked by:
Alex Strife (06/14/2018)