The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 06/12/2018   #46
Tennyo

I, too, have purchased the first game and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I'll definitely have to before the new one comes out.

But I kind of want to echo what Force said. I'm not a huge fan if TONS of gore, so it might be a difficult one to work through.

That and I think I'll probably only want to play in the day time.
Old 06/13/2018   #47
ForceStealer

I was doing a playthrough of the remastered version with a friend. But we got stuck at a hard area, got distracted, and never got back to it. I don't think we were very far in....

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2018   #48
X-SOLDIER

Kotaku has an interview where they talk to the devs about the violence in the game.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
ForceStealer (06/13/2018)
Old 06/13/2018   #49
ForceStealer

Yeah, I mean it's fine for them to want "the player to feel repulsed by some of the violence they are committing themselves," as long as they're prepared for some people to respond, "Mission accomplished, I'm too repulsed to buy your game."

Whenever there's discussion as to glorified violence in video games I agree with/espouse the point that violence in most games is flatly not realistic and my brain has no difficulty discerning it as fake. This would seem to bear that out as this much more more detailed, visceral violence is so much more disturbing. Like as much as all the thinkpieces loved to wax on about "ludonarrative dissonance" *shudder* in Uncharted, the number of fictional mooks you kill isn't as important as the fact that it's clearly unrealistic.

Or maybe I'm just an Old, now.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing them or saying that this shouldn't be their prerogative. Clearly I'm just more in tune with the type of game that Uncharted is than what the Last of Us is. I'm just musing.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Lex (06/14/2018), Minato (06/13/2018), Tennyo (06/13/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/13/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #50
Chloe Frazer

Panel and interview with Ashley Johnson and Shannon Woodward
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Our reaction
YouTube Video
Old 06/14/2018   #51
Chloe Frazer

YouTube Video
Old 06/15/2018   #52
lithiumkatana17

Chloe Frazer wrote: The girl's bracelet:

Ellie's wearing it:

I do hope the girl's not dead, killing off two queer characters is problematic to say the least.
I'm theorizing that she's going to die somehow, because I'm thinking back to the announcement trailer and how Ellie said she was 'going to find and kill every last one of 'em'; why else would she do that if not for some type of revenge? Joel's obviously still alive. For now.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2018   #53
Minato

http://me.ign.com/en/ps4/149239/news...er-in-the-last
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
CrashOuch (06/18/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/18/2018)
Old 06/18/2018   #54
Lex

YouTube Video

Also call me cray but I think the love interest (her name is Dina) could wind up being a villain.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (06/19/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/18/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #55
Minato

Lex wrote:
YouTube Video

Also call me cray but I think the love interest (her name is Dina) could wind up being a villain.
I hope so, better that Ellie is getting revenge for that then just introducing this character to die.
Thanked by:
Lex (06/19/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #56
Chloe Frazer

I don't think that option is any better though.
Old 06/19/2018   #57
Minato

Chloe Frazer wrote: I don't think that option is any better though.
Nadine was a murderous villain for the nigh entirety of Uncharted 4, she all the same helped give us The Lost Legacy.
Old 06/19/2018   #58
Chloe Frazer

Nadine wasn't really a villain, she just has a contract with Raffe putting her in opposition to Nate. Also we don't know her sexuality though Naughty Dog is very welcome to pair her up with Chloe and make me a very happy person.

Last edited by Chloe Frazer; 06/19/2018 at 04:38 PM.
Chloe Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2018   #59
Minato

Chloe Frazer wrote: Nadine wasn't really a villain, she just has a contract with Raffe putting her in opposition to Nate. Also we don't know her sexuality though Naughty Dog is very welcome to pair her up Chloe and make me a very happy person.
Dina can be a not a real villain while still having betrayal on her part inspire Ellie's roaring ramage of revenge rather then her death, leaving this lesbian character available to appear elsewhere then just Act One of this game.
Old 06/19/2018   #60
Chloe Frazer

The problem with that is that due to the setting of this game it would to have to be something really bad and her having aligned herself with some really awful people.

edit: The other problem with her betraying Ellie is that if she had Ellie wouldn't be wearing her bracelet.

Last edited by Chloe Frazer; 06/19/2018 at 06:13 PM.
Chloe Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote