The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 04/03/2018   #3631
Tetsujin

Doing a full series playthrough of God of War in chronological order to prepare for the new one.

Finished and platinumed Ascension which was the only GoW title I hadn't played yet. Done with Chains of Olympus, and I'm now halfway through GoW1. Good times.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (04/05/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/05/2018)
Old 04/05/2018   #3632
Cthulhu

Ergo Proxy wrote: Titanfall 2

Definitive edition went down to 5 quid on the Xbox store last week so thought why not.
It's a decent game, but I found that it gets very repetitive after a while - the MP anyway, the SP is also entertaining. You should check out some speedruns for the SP, or sections thereof, that shit is pretty dank. I found TF1 to be a bit more compelling to keep playing, I think because of the unlocks? Not sure. IIRC you also get to lvl 50 / all the unlocks earlier, whereas in TF2 they try and get you to spend your dank monies on lootboxes and shit.

@thread, Nier; finished the err. endgame spoilers and such A ending after about twenty hours, currently on the second playthrough with 9s. I finished up a lot of the sidequests I apparently didn't finish in the first one - the point of no return doesn't really announce itself. No harm done though, looks like I'll have to play the game a few dozen times more to get all the endings . Ending G is easy enough to find, annd I read elsewhere that some ending you get another similar ending by unplugging the OS chip. Besides that? Fuck if I know, I've no clue how they've built in 26 endings (I gathered). They'll probably get cheap at some point, I dunno - and I dun want to know either, I like being surprised with this game \o/
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2018   #3633
Russell

Stellaris
4x Space empire builder

I love this game. I've build a Dyson Sphere, (or Dyson shell if you prefer) & a Niven Ring.
The end game Crises are OP, but otherwise it's a solid game if you like the genre. The recent DLC added 5 types of planet killing Death stars, it's fun to be evil sometimes.

They Are Billions
Steam punk zombie RTS tower-defence hybrid. (Early access)

YouTube Video

There's no Campaign yet, just a 100 day survival mode on 4 maps. I seen the discussions say that to many game are described as "The Dark Souls of X", but this game IS the Dark Souls of RTS's.

You can adjust the difficulty (100% being the default something like 450% being the maximum), my first game was 10% difficulty and I lost.

Complete colony wipe.

And yet, the 'new game' button beckons...

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (05/12/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)
Old 05/13/2018   #3634
Keveh Kins

I tried playing Fortnite: Battle Royale.

I have no fucking idea what's going on in that game.

I dropped into some town next to someone who I thought was a squad member or something, and I started hitting house walls with my pickaxe.

Then I built a box around myself with them, but it had no doors and I was stuck. It also had no roof, and some kid dropped into it and killed me, then laughed over his microphone.

I've never felt more like a fuddy duddy fart playing a video game.

Hire claustrophobics. On the whole,
they're better at thinking outside the box.
Keveh Kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Russell (05/13/2018), Vixenish (05/14/2018)
Old 05/14/2018   #3635
Vixenish

Found my 3DS last night. Which I'm actually upset about because I was going to buy a galaxy 3DS if I couldn't find it.

But since I found it I started playing the pokemon blue that was installed on it again. I do not remember anything about the current game save. I'm amazed I had played through that much of it again.
Vixenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2018   #3636
ChipNoir

Currently struggling through Tomb Raider (2013). It's my first ever stealth-survival oriented game that I haven't played with the supervision of a better gamer.

I think the only reason I've reached 50% is the heal-over-time rate is so fast that I can make up for a blunder pretty easily, and the AI is not the smartest thing in the world when I can head-shot enemies even when they're taking cover.

On the one hand, it's ludicrous that a bow is deadlier than an automatic weapon. On the otherhand, the instant kill rate of a flaming arrow is so immensely satisfyin.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Teioh (05/14/2018), Vixenish (05/15/2018)
Old 05/15/2018   #3637
Blade

Since it's GG's 20th Anniversary (it ain't over till I SAY it's over!)

I thought I'd mention Guilty Gear: The Missing Link was recently announced for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.

Oh, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R is coming to Nintendo Switch too.

GET READY TO ROCK.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2018   #3638
Arala

I'm playing Dragon Quest Inquisition at the moment. I played it before, but I never finished it. Hopefully I'll finish it this time.
Arala is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Russell (05/25/2018)
Old 05/25/2018   #3639
Russell

Arala wrote: I'm playing Dragon Quest Inquisition at the moment. I played it before, but I never finished it. Hopefully I'll finish it this time.
^ It is a bit of a slog, but you should find a character you like and try to romance them. Maybe that'll will keep you going.
Josephine is adorable.

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/2018   #3640
Arala

Russell wrote:
Arala wrote: I'm playing Dragon Quest Inquisition at the moment. I played it before, but I never finished it. Hopefully I'll finish it this time.
^ It is a bit of a slog, but you should find a character you like and try to romance them. Maybe that'll will keep you going.
Josephine is adorable.
Yeah, I'm going to romance Cullen this time. I wish my female inqusitor could romance Varric. He's my fave character, followed by Dorian.
Arala is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Russell (05/27/2018)
Old 06/07/2018   #3641
Clement Rage

Code Veronica X

I died so many times against the Tyrant on the plane because I assumed you had to lure it towards the open cargo door. and then pull the switch. Apparently you're just meant to shoot them a lot first.

Also, Alfred is a horrible shot.
Russell (06/21/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #3642
Blade

Massive Steam sale in case anyone didn't notice.

Lots of games... LOTS of games.
^Here's hoping for:
Thanked by:
Russell (06/21/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #3643
Cthulhu

Anything actually worth getting?

I just got Dark Souls 3, it's finally cheap enough where my dutchness is like "Hm aight I'll give it a go why not" at €15 on the PS store. So far I dig it, it feels more accessible than my first From Software game, Bloodb0rne - and here I was thinking BB was the more noob friendly one in the series. In DS3, [spoilers=very early game spoilers]the first 'intro' area has some weaksauce enemies that die with one hit and eventually a boss that in my case took about three or four tries to kill, and sloppily at that. It goes to the more familiar difficulty level after that though, lololo. And yet still feels more doable than BB did, where it took me hours to even get to the first boss or even past the first couple enemies.[/spoilers]
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2018   #3644
Blade

At the moment I am collecting fighting games both old and almost new:

Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 9 (might spring for the boss mod one of these days)
I may consider getting MKX later on too (just for the heck of it, even though I already have it on PS4).

I have BlazBlue Crosstag to play, BlazBlue Central Fiction (and older BB games are dirt cheap too).

And let's not forget Guilty Gear. Xrd Sign, Rev2, Isuka, and Overture are ALL worth getting. Accent Core too why not?

I might consider others later on, but that's it for now... maybe I'll wait till July 1st.

Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters is a FREE to play to boot.
^Here's hoping for:
Old 06/23/2018   #3645
ForceStealer

After raving some mroe about the FFIV Complete Collection, I remembered that I had never moved onto The After Years after beating the first one and Interlude. When it first came out on Wii, I paid the $15 only to see the credits roll after 2 hours, and I realized EACH EPISODE of an unaltered cell phone port was $15. Gave Square a hearty middle finger and never went back.

So now I've finished the prologue and first episode, and started Rydia's chapter last night. I've never been a superfan of FFIV, but the moonphase system is interesting, and I like that it's a sequel that's 17 years later. As opposed to most of Square's sequels that are either 2 years and everyone's basically the same, or 200+ and everyone's long dead.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote