The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 05/26/2018   #691
Tashasaurous
Ryuman wrote: So, what's going on in here... Oh. Ahhhhh...

I guess it's my turn to "shine on your gloom parade". This "hard to swallow" stuff is based on a mistranslation. Here's a summary of Nomura's words. There was a transcript but SE asked KHInsider to remove it.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGD...er-Panel-12037

The KH13 Forum has that too, and I hope that it won't be as bad as everyone's thinking.

So this at least still has some of my hope for a happy ending in place. Thanks.

Arala wrote: Personally, I have a feeling that Riku is going to die saving Sora or something. That would be hard to swallow for fans, I think. None of the disney characters will die, because they're, well, Disney, and Disney would not allow it. And characters dying in Kingdom Hearts and not being revived would be 'hard to swallow'. The only other thing that could be hard to swallow would be Sora and Kairi getting married in the end and having a child... yeah, that wouldn't happen.

Edit: Ah, okay. A mistranslation. There goes my Riku is going to die theory.

Nah. Sora and Kairi won't be getting married anytime soon.

And before they lost their rights to it, in Tarzan, Kerchek died and wasn't revived. That's still a disney film, though. And let's not forget Mufasa in the Lion King, and Konchum who was shot dead in Pocahontas.

Plus, your theory on Riku going to die could still be plausible.

ChipNoir wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Scp7Q5oHTk Kairi's outfit for KHIII apparently showed up.
Arala wrote:
ChipNoir wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Scp7Q5oHTk Kairi's outfit for KHIII apparently showed up.
That dress looks ridiculous. It looks like something you would put on a doll. Surely that can't be Kairi's new dress? And if she had those cat ears along with it... I just don't know what to say. It looks awful IMO.

If you look back on that KHX Card with KH3 Sora, KH3 Riku and KH3 Kairi with Ephemer, Skuld and Ven, you can still see the cat ears on the hood of Kairi's new outfit.

In truth, I'm not overly fond of Sora's new KH3 outfit either. His KH2 outfit is still the best. I'm just wondering what Lea's outfit would look like(just hope it's not a near replica of his BBS outfit when he was a teenager).
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/2018   #692
Ryuman

Well I think it's cute. I want to see how the proportions work out though.
Ryuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (05/26/2018)
Old 05/26/2018   #693
Tashasaurous
I had been expecting them to reveal Kairi's outfit in another KH3 trailer. Maybe they're saving it for when the game is fully released and decided to give us a sneak peak in Union X?

I kinda like it too. Still prefer the main characters' KH2 outfits, though.

Edit: Just found out that KH3 demo could be available in this year's E3 event next month!

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 05/26/2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05/26/2018   #694
Arala

I just cannot bring myself to like Kairi's new outfit. I'm not keen on Sora's, either. Riku's is okay, but I don't like Riku's hair. I like the KH2 outfits the best.

I hope Axel/Lea will look good. He was my fave character in KH2. And I hope his hair hasn't been cut or restyled or anything.

As for a demo being at E3, I hope there'll be a demo on the psn store as well. I can't get to E3.
Arala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2018   #695
Tashasaurous
Arala wrote: I just cannot bring myself to like Kairi's new outfit. I'm not keen on Sora's, either. Riku's is okay, but I don't like Riku's hair. I like the KH2 outfits the best.
Yeah, Riku looks a bit like Noctis right now, doesn't he?

Arala wrote: I hope Axel/Lea will look good. He was my fave character in KH2. And I hope his hair hasn't been cut or restyled or anything.
Me too! Let him keep his current hairstyle and just give him a new outfit.

Arala wrote: As for a demo being at E3, I hope there'll be a demo on the psn store as well. I can't get to E3.
Could be.

But back to the theory, most people still believe that KH3 will end up similiar to Infinity War which is making my hope for a happy ending for the game pretty much worthless.

So I'm just gonna go straight ahead and accept that those that Sora was supposed to save will just end up dead and accept that the ending will be a tragic and sad one, especially since Kairi(one of my favorites) will die and she won't return for the next saga. The only game that will ever have a happy ending will always be KH2.

A happy ending is never meant to be for the KH characters.

Edit: Or maybe Sora ends up in the Realm of Darkness after saving the worlds and in the secret ending he retuns only to find that a century or two has passed and he is all alone with all of his friends gone and we move on the next saga where he struggles to find his place in the new future.

Either way, the ending is going to end up bad.

Edit 2: Or maybe it's in reverse(because everything Nomura says I find is always in reverse) and that it's Sora who will end up dead in KH3 and Xehanort will always be the main Antagonist for the entire series.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 05/28/2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05/28/2018   #696
Alex Strife

Tash. Chill.
Old 05/28/2018   #697
JechtShotMK9

Alex Strife wrote: Tash. Chill.
This, for the love of God.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Lucis Caelum (05/28/2018), Sprites (05/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/29/2018), Theozilla (05/30/2018)
Old 05/28/2018   #698
ChipNoir

At this point, nobody in the KH franchise as 'died'. It's as bad as comic books. There's ALWAYS a way to bring them back. They literally played Goofy dying as a joke they turned around on within 3 minutes.

It's really more likely that certain characters will just 'retire' from the franchise as it moves on to the next arc. I really do hope Donald and Goofy GTFO.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Sprites (05/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/29/2018)
Old 05/28/2018   #699
Tashasaurous
Alex Strife wrote: Tash. Chill.
ChipNoir wrote: At this point, nobody in the KH franchise as 'died'. It's as bad as comic books. There's ALWAYS a way to bring them back. They literally played Goofy dying as a joke they turned around on within 3 minutes.

It's really more likely that certain characters will just 'retire' from the franchise as it moves on to the next arc. I really do hope Donald and Goofy GTFO.

Sorry. I just can't help but think of the worst. It's just there is a chance that there will be permemant deaths this time.

Not only that, (KHX Spoiler) Strelitzia ended up dead just two weeks after she was introduced. And let's not forget how many died in the first Keyblade War and left behind the Graveyard.

I'm hoping for Mickey, Donald and Goofy to return for the next saga, unless the next saga focuses on more on Final Fantasy characters and have Sora pair up with some Final Fantasy sidekicks-like not brief team up in certain battles like with Cloud, Leon, and Auron.

It's hard to say.
Old 06/04/2018   #700
Lucis Caelum

Today, Square Enix released their earnings briefing session on May 11th. In it, Yosuke Matsuda said that they will not be releasing any major HD titles until Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Sept. 14th.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ne...8q4outline.pdf

Kingdom Hearts III confirmed to release sometime in Q4.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (06/04/2018), Tashasaurous (06/04/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/04/2018), Theozilla (06/05/2018)
Old 06/04/2018   #701
Lex

I saw the news that it's confirmed for Q4, that's good. I predict a November release.

This indirectly confirms that remake won't be releasing this year, which is no shock.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (06/05/2018), Chloe Frazer (06/04/2018), Tashasaurous (06/04/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/04/2018), Theozilla (06/05/2018)
Old 06/04/2018   #702
Tashasaurous
Lex wrote: I saw the news that it's confirmed for Q4, that's good. I predict a November release.
I predicted a November release for the last couple of months before this news came into light, and my sister agrees. So yeah, November is the most likely month. Only way to confirm it for real is for Nomura to say it next week.

Lex wrote: This indirectly confirms that remake won't be releasing this year, which is no shock.
It was pretty much obvious that FFVII Remake wasn't going to be out this year because one, Nomura is focused more on KH3 and two, Square pulled out from CC2 and they're starting that game from scratch.
Old 06/04/2018   #703
JechtShotMK9

wut
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Lex (06/04/2018), Literally Who? (06/10/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #704
Theozilla

Lex wrote: I saw the news that it's confirmed for Q4, that's good. I predict a November release.

This indirectly confirms that remake won't be releasing this year, which is no shock.
Isn’t that technically Q3, based on the way Square Enix’s fiscal year is done? Like SE’s Fiscal Year 2019 is calendar 1st of April 2018 to 31st of March 2019 right?
The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #705
Lex

In the presentation it's listed under "Q3 FY 2019" which is Q4 2018 (so yes, you are correct).

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018), Theozilla (06/05/2018)