The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 07/04/2018   #31
hleV

Start at lv1 for each Remake part xD. There's probably gonna be a while betwen parts, so might as well re-grind.
hleV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2018   #32
ChipNoir

Claymore wrote:
ChipNoir wrote: You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying there should be an option to allow the player to scale themselves back a level. And I'll correct myself: Dissidia also does this.

By giving the player the option to scale back, they can grind to their hearts content, break the game as they choose, or go back to a level point where they feel suitably challenged.

Combine that with a level-stasis mode, and any concerns about this issue are nullified.
Ah, I understand what you mean now. Yeah an option like that would be fine to give players who wanted to use it a sense of a challenge, but you would still need that general cap in place to avoid everyone just sailing through the entire add-ons, second or third parts.

Considering nobody really trades in games as much as they used to, and game rental is all but dead, the fear of "Early Completion" is kind of pointless. If someone wants to fly through the game, they will one way or the other. There's no reason to stop them. Square and retailers will get their money. The only reason people actually return games in large numbers is if it's actually not good quality.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2018   #33
Claymore

ChipNoir wrote: Considering nobody really trades in games as much as they used to, and game rental is all but dead, the fear of "Early Completion" is kind of pointless. If someone wants to fly through the game, they will one way or the other. There's no reason to stop them. Square and retailers will get their money. The only reason people actually return games in large numbers is if it's actually not good quality.
I think that we can all agree that the original game was incredibly easy. Far too easy in fact. It's one of the major down points and criticisms of it. Games, in general, need to present a moderate challenge to the player and keep them engaged. Starting part 2 at Level 100 and just one-hitting enemies is just completely unbalanced and doesn't engage players on a gameplay level. Even if you are adamantly against level capping, something seriously needs to be done to address that.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
InterfaceLeader (07/04/2018), SeaDragon (07/05/2018)
Old 07/04/2018   #34
InterfaceLeader

When I first played the OG I had never played an RPG and had no concept of levelling. I ran away from random encounters. I did not find the game so easy hahaha.

I agree it needs to be made more sophisticated now, it would be nice to see a balance between grinding and tactics.
InterfaceLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Claymore (07/04/2018), SeaDragon (07/05/2018), Teioh (07/04/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/04/2018)