The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 11/20/2017   #391
Tetsujin

Just finished Punisher, good shit.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Ami (11/20/2017), lithiumkatana17 (11/21/2017), Super Mario (11/21/2017), The Twilight Mexican (11/21/2017), X-SOLDIER (11/20/2017)
Old 11/21/2017   #392
lithiumkatana17

Yeah, I finished it on Sunday. Definitely one of the best Marvel Netflix series to date. The only thing I was on the fence about was the plotline with the mentally ill veteran. They went to such extremes while pushing that narrative that I wondered what it would do for the public's perception of veterans who suffer from PTSD and other mental illnesses. I know better, but there are folks out there who have trouble separating truth from fiction. Granted, I'm not saying that something like this hasn't or couldn't happen, but the portrayal of it just didn't sit well with me. Other than that minor thing, I really loved it.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Super Mario (11/21/2017), The Twilight Mexican (11/21/2017), X-SOLDIER (11/21/2017)
Old 11/22/2017   #393
Cthulhu

Watched the first episode, it's not cringeworthy terrible at least. Veeeeeery stereotypical / tropey story though. ep1 spoilar besides the fact he kills everyone at the end, lololololol. We'll see.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2017   #394
Cthulhu

Okay fuck this, it's yet another soap opera wrapped in a shallow marvel sauce. With some violence. But it's a soap opera because of love triangles, people banging each other a lot, and sadfeis from lost family members and shit. Fuck this.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2017   #395
Clement Rage

1 episode in. Mixed feelings.
Old 12/09/2017   #396
Ami

Jessica Jones season 2 is out March 18th next year and there's a trailer.

Discord | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch | Twitter | Vine | YouTube
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Chloe Frazer (12/11/2017), Super Mario (12/13/2017), Tennyo (02/07/2018), Tetsujin (12/09/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/10/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/09/2017)
Old 12/12/2017   #397
lithiumkatana17

FUCK YEAH

NETFLIX IS ORDERING PUNISHER SEASON 2

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Super Mario (12/13/2017), Tennyo (02/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (12/13/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/12/2017)
Old 02/07/2018   #398
Tetsujin

YouTube Video
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (02/11/2018), Tennyo (02/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (02/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/07/2018)
Old 03/03/2018   #399
Clement Rage

So, JJ 2 is coming out soon... Looking forward to it. Kilgrave was so good that I'm not sure how they'll manage without him.

Never did finish Punisher. Must try and get back to it at some point.
The Twilight Mexican (03/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/03/2018)
Old 03/04/2018   #400
Ami

I watched Don't Trust The B- In Apartment 23 most of yesterday to get used to her again. She's so different in that show, but I can understand more now why they got her to be Jessica. I haven't watched Punisher either, I guess I'll watch that this week and then I'll be ready for season 2. It's looking so good, I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Discord | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch | Twitter | Vine | YouTube
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/04/2018)
Old 03/04/2018   #401
Chloe Frazer

Thread title needs an update.

Is about time we got a season 2, that should've happened before Defenders.
Old 03/10/2018   #402
Clement Rage

1.5 Eps in.

(SPOILER)

Missed this theme tune.

Accidentally watched first scene in French without noticing, the first scene in the restaurant I was legit impressed that Jessica was apparently fluent. Then I just went with it, it actually makes it easier to watch the cringy parts. Might try German next.

Cheng has potential, I hope he's more than just a dickish rival, it could be great to have another friendly/unfriendly rival detective.

Still pretty good, not as invested in the IGH thing as much as I was last season. The 'issues' are a little less naturally embedded in the story, Jessica doesn't appear to have problems with her powers, so it's tempting to agree that it's better to let sleeping dogs lie rather than poke the organisation.

Whizzer falls prey to the curse of everyone that hires a detective in a detective story. Aww.

Holgarth really doesn't take bad news well. I don't understand what she's being sued for by Pam for.

Old 03/13/2018   #403
Clement Rage

Done. Ya'll are very quiet. Apologies for thread taking over.

(SPOILER) Enjoyed up to Ep 8 or so, then it lost me a bit.

Jessica Jones isn't a natural fit for a 'powered people as minority' plot, she has plenty of problems, but her abilities never seemed to be one of em before.

Is it just me, or are there a lot more sex scenes this season?

Old 05/07/2018   #404
Chloe Frazer

Thread title needs a serious update.

Also:

YouTube Video

Can't wait for whatever interesting villain they come up with to be replaced by a shitty one midway through.
Old 05/07/2018   #405
The Twilight Mexican

Updated.

Also, yes, let us hope lessons were learned.
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (05/08/2018)