The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > News Reports

News Reports Found a news item of interest for TLS? Post it in this section.

Old 10/31/2017   #346
Sam

So early reports suggest Zack will be 266mm while remake Cloud is 273mm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BavJyHqA...ed=playartskai

A little bit disappointing, rethinking what I'm gonna purchase now...
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/01/2017)
Old 11/01/2017   #347
Nelxid

Sam wrote: So early reports suggest Zack will be 266mm while remake Cloud is 273mm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BavJyHqA...ed=playartskai

A little bit disappointing, rethinking what I'm gonna purchase now...
Really? I dont know why square keeps messing with the scaling. They clearly have all the info on characterís bios and heights. So why cant just they scale it accordingly. Iím already pretty miffed that squall pak is shorter than cloud...
Nelxid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11/01/2017   #348
Cloud_S

The height difference is strange... but for me, not a deal breaker. I'll just pose Cloud kneeling with the Buster Sword.
Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike [OST]
Cloud_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
SeaDragon (11/01/2017), The Twilight Mexican (11/01/2017)
Old 11/01/2017   #349
Nelxid

Cloud_S wrote: The height difference is strange... but for me, not a deal breaker. I'll just pose Cloud kneeling with the Buster Sword.
Its not andeal breaker, but still. With the ever rising price, they still cant do the scaling properly. This goes back all the way to the old play arts figure.

Even pak from a same line sometimes have messed up scaling too. I think its because they do not plan ahead on which figures they gonna include in the line. So over time, when they decided to revisit a line, the scaling is inconsistent to the older paks already in that line (case in point: pak ac vincent is shorter than newer pak figures, while we know that vincent is supposed to be one of the tallest characters in vii and ff universe in general. Probably second after sephiroth...)
Nelxid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11/02/2017   #350
Sam

It's a deal breaker for me, sadly. Even the original PA Zack lined up fine with the original PA Cloud. I don't get it, they go ahead and spend money making new moulds for Zack (I'm sure they could've got away with using some parts from Cloud on Zack, even thighs or boots), but then try and save money by making him slightly smaller? So even their Buster Swords will be different sizes?

Was really thinking of getting into the Remake line because of Zack, now I might just have to stick with Zack on solo display.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/02/2017)
Old 11/27/2017   #351
Cloud_S

It's time. After all these years (5 to be exact), Cid Highwind is up for pre-order (or rather he will be in 6hrs).

FFVII Advent Children Cid Highwind & Cait Sith - 11,820 JPY (26%OFF)
Release Date: April 2018

Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Thanked by 6:
Avalanche87 (11/28/2017), Channy (11/30/2017), lithiumkatana17 (11/27/2017), Shademp (11/27/2017), The Twilight Mexican (11/27/2017), ultima espio (11/27/2017)
Old 11/27/2017   #352
Shademp

I still can't get over his freaky teeth and grin
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/27/2017)
Old 11/27/2017   #353
Cloud_S

Shademp wrote: I still can't get over his freaky teeth and grin
Indeed. I think PAK's need to start with interchangeable faceplate expressions (or should have had them from the beginning). Although as I'm never keen on the seam those cause, interchangeable heads (though either or would bump up the retail price, I'm sure). A smirk would be just as good as that grin, if not better.
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (11/27/2017), The Twilight Mexican (11/27/2017)
Old 11/27/2017   #354
ultima espio

10+ years late. Would have loved these back then with the other AC ones. It's amazing how they've changed since then though, the detail on them now is amazing. I'd love OG Barret and Cid though.

Last edited by ultima espio; 11/27/2017 at 09:32 PM.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2017   #355
lithiumkatana17

I literally just want Cait Sith. Anyone willing to split the price with me who doesn't want the little bugger? Channy? Anyone?

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Shademp (11/28/2017)
Old 11/28/2017   #356
Avalanche87

Aaaaaaaaaand pre-ordered

I love this thread! If it's not facebook alerting me, it's you awesome moogles!
Avalanche87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2017   #357
Animexcel

Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Avalanche87 (11/29/2017), Dark and Divine (11/29/2017)
Old 12/02/2017   #358
ultima espio

There's a Christmas surprise box coming, sounds almost the same as what they were doing a few months ago:

2 Play Arts KAI action figures from Square Enix franchises – 1 of them is the LIMITED EDITION FINAL FANTASY VII Remake – Cloud!(Last chance to get this figure in Europe!)
1 FINAL FANTASY Plush
3 FINAL FANTASY Themed Products
2 FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game rare, foil promo cards!
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/...stmas-surprise
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (12/03/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/03/2017)
Old 12/14/2017   #359
lithiumkatana17

Just to let you guys knows, the PAK Remake Cloud is on sale for $99.99 at ThinkGeek.com

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jrik/?srp=4

It's going for 12,800 yen on AmiAmi right now, which is about $113. Just thought I'd let some of you guys know if you were planning on getting it eventually.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (12/14/2017), Tennyo (12/14/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/15/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/14/2017)
Old 12/15/2017   #360
cold_spirit

I have a story about my PAK Cloud.

I just adopted a cat. She's napping beside me now. It's great. Last weekend was my first whole day with her AND my first day to play the Monster Hunter World beta. I let her into my game room. She meows a lot and wants to jump up on things to get a better view. No biggie. I'm pretty excited so I plop down on my recliner and get started. Literally seconds into my first quest I hear a slam that sounds a lot like solid plastic hitting the floor from a five foot drop. Yes it was my Cloud figure. Yes it snapped the Buster Sword at its hilt.

Thank the gods for glue.
cold_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
CrashOuch (12/18/2017), Dark and Divine (12/15/2017), SeaDragon (12/15/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/15/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/17/2017)