The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content for Before Crisis and Crisis Core focusing on the 8 years, leading directly up until the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 09/13/2015   #226
Shademp

Ultimasamune wrote: Did you point out the thing with the Gongaga reactor chests? I think if you do them in a certain order you get additional spoils. Should do them (going clockwise) 2 1 3 4. Neither Steve nor Kirbyarm mention this, so I'm wondering if it's a version difference (the extra rewards are 2,000 gil on chest 1 and a Spirit Stone on chest 4.
Yes I researched it back in page 12.

All I could figure out was that in the Japanese version either of the two Griffons can randomly drop 2000 gil and/or a MAG Mako Stone when defeated. Tried different combinations of unlocking the chests and defeating the Griffons but I could not find a pattern that always worked, when trying to get these the 2000 gil and/or the MAG Mako Stone. I was unable to get either of these optional rewards in the European English version despite MAAAAANY tries (we're talking hundreds of attempts).
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015), Ultimasamune (09/13/2015)
Old 09/13/2015   #227
Ultimasamune

Derp, there's a note right below in the CCU. It says destroying the two oil drums (in front of chest 2) will make the next Griffon fight (assuming it's immediately after) yield 2000 gil. Destroying the fence (in front of chest 3) will make the next Griffon fight yield a Magic Stone. So the ideal orders are 2 1 3 4, 3 1 2 4, 3 4 2 1, or 2 4 3 1. What a weird and useless mechanic. Wonder if it works the same in the English version.

Last edited by Shademp; 09/13/2015 at 07:00 AM.
Ultimasamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (09/13/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015)
Old 09/13/2015   #228
Ultimasamune

Sorry that should say Magic Stone. Will I be able to edit soon?
Old 09/13/2015   #229
Shademp

When your post count reaches 10 (you are at 8 now) you should be able to edit your posts. I edited the post for you now though. Also changed the "three" oil drums to just the two. There are two oil drums in front of chest #2 and two oil drums stacked below chest #4.

For anyone not in the clear, this is the treasure numbering (I think) Ultimasamune is going with:

Ultimasamune wrote: Derp, there's a note right below in the CCU. It says destroying the three oil drums (in front of chest 2) will make the next Griffon fight (assuming it's immediately after) yield 2000 gil. Destroying the fence (in front of chest 3) will make the next Griffon fight yield a Spirit Stone. So the ideal orders are 2 1 3 4, 3 1 2 4, 3 4 2 1, or 2 4 3 1. What a weird and useless mechanic. Wonder if it works the same in the English version.
Which page of the CCU was it? Also, are you able to easily read any text in the Japanese guide books?

There still appears to be a random number generator associated with the extra rewards of 2000 gil and/or the MAG Mako Stone. At one time, I destroyed chest #2 and then killed the Griffin in chest #4, but it did not give me 2000 gil. Same with me opening chest #3 and then killing Griffin-Chest-#4, and I got neither a MAG Mako Stone nor 2000 gil. I suspect that the CCU is not telling the whole story.

I tried the chest unlocking combinations in the English European game and I still didn't get the rewards that we now associate with the Japanese version. I can't speak for the English American version because I don't have save files for that version beyond Chapter 1.

Ultimasamune wrote: Another update–maximum number of Coffin Keys is 5! Have three in your inventory, then kill a group of two Sahagins at the same time. Similar to the Goddess Keys. Note that groups of two Sahagins can only be encountered in Chapter 9, after you break out of the tubes.
Only just now checked the thing with the groups of two Sahagins only appearing in Chapter 9. What an awesome discovery! Great work. This means all my save files are incomplete as I only have four Coffin Keys and not five.

Last edited by Shademp; 09/13/2015 at 07:08 AM.
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015), Ultimasamune (09/13/2015)
Old 09/13/2015   #230
Ultimasamune

It's on p. 166 of the UCC.

Japanese:
左側のグリフォンを倒すとゼイオの実が、 右側のグリフォンを倒すと「アスピガ」が手に人る。 また、 左 奥のドラム缶 を壊 した 直後に倒した敵 からは2000ギルを、 右奥の銖 を壊 した 直後に倒した敵 からは魔力の魔晄石を追加 で人手できる

English:
You can obtain a Zeio nut by defeating the Griffon on the left and an Aspiga by defeating the one on the right. Additionally, defeating a Griffon after destroying the drums on the left will yield 2,000 gil, and defeating a Griffon after destroying the barricade on the right will yield a MAG Mako Stone.

And re: the coffin keys—I wouldn't have even thought to do that if you hadn't talked about the Goddess Keys trick. And tbh I'm more proud of finding out about the 67 vs. 68 squat detail.
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (09/13/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015)
Old 09/24/2015   #231
Shademp

Needless to say (but still unfortunate), I won't be streaming Crisis Core in time for The Lifestream's 7th birthday, which is tomorrow on September 25th. I am not in a place in life where I can put the amount of energy required into streaming, commenting, or further research for that matter. Never say never, but I won't be streaming Crisis Core this year.
Thanked by 3:
Flare (09/24/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015), Ultimasamune (09/26/2015)
Old 12/25/2015   #232
KellyBruce

Miss this so much! It is a pity that I have so much time to play!
KellyBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2017   #233
Shademp

Thanks to Lith for pointing out this Crisis Core reference found in FFXV!

Thanked by 6:
Claymore (05/12/2017), Dark and Divine (05/24/2017), ForceStealer (05/12/2017), The Twilight Mexican (05/12/2017), Unit-01 (05/13/2017), X-SOLDIER (05/12/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #234
ForceStealer

WHAAAAAAAT! That is awesome!

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (05/12/2017), X-SOLDIER (05/12/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #235
X-SOLDIER

WOAH!!! I don't know that I've ever seen that! That's awesome!!!

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (05/12/2017), Unit-01 (05/13/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #236
The Twilight Mexican

I've seen it in quite a few players' videos at gas stations.
Old 05/12/2017   #237
Tetsujin

They're all over the place, surprised some of you haven't noticed them until now.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Flare (05/12/2017), Teioh (05/12/2017), The Twilight Mexican (05/12/2017), X-SOLDIER (05/12/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #238
ForceStealer

Guess I never paid attention to the billboards

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Teioh (05/12/2017), The Twilight Mexican (05/12/2017), X-SOLDIER (05/12/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #239
Flare

Tetsujin wrote: They're all over the place, surprised some of you haven't noticed them until now.
This billboard is one of the first things I noticed at Hammerhead I honestly thought it was something most everyone knew.
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (05/16/2017), The Twilight Mexican (05/13/2017), Unit-01 (05/13/2017)
Old 05/12/2017   #240
Shademp

Not all of us have played FFXV or even watched that many minutes of footage.
Thanked by 2:
Minato (05/13/2017), The Twilight Mexican (05/13/2017)