The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy Competitions

Final Fantasy Competitions Forum for topics pertaining to competitions relating to Final Fantasy

Old 11/05/2015   #31
RedFFWolf

The Man with the Machine Gun and Dark Messenger??
Why, if anybody objects, send them my way and I swear I'll...I'LL politely tell them off, sir
RedFFWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Airling (11/05/2015), Doom Bunneh (11/05/2015), Flare (11/05/2015), Howl (11/06/2015)
Old 11/05/2015   #32
Minato

Yeah good call. I must've thought Man with the Machine Gun was already in or I most def would have nominated it.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Flare (11/05/2015)
Old 11/05/2015   #33
Flintlock

Update: I boobed. I didn't realise that we already had Dark Messenger, under the title "The Darkness of Eternity". Even though I checked all the names myself, I still forgot that one.

So, we have a free slot. Any last-minute nominations, something you've been kicking yourself for not suggesting earlier? Here are some I'd like:

The Day Will Come (V)
Locke's Theme (VI)
Holding My Thoughts in my Heart (VII)
Force Your Way (VIII)
The Spy (VIII)
South Gate (IX)
Conde Petie (IX)

(I'd better stop...)

Monterosa mentioned The Skycity of Bhujerba to me in a recent conversation, and that's a nice tune as well. We've got a couple of days to think about it, so, what do you think? You don't have to pick something I've suggested.

Last edited by Flintlock; 11/05/2015 at 10:57 PM.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Airling (11/06/2015), Flare (11/05/2015)
Old 11/05/2015   #34
Minato

Force Your Way, all the way.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Monterosa (11/06/2015)
Old 11/05/2015   #35
Kuroto

I've been thinking about Lenna's Theme from FFV.

YouTube Video
Kuroto is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Flintlock (11/05/2015), Lex (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #36
Lex

Monterosa wrote: I just want to say that I'm loving this event so far. I'm on TLS every day and, with this post, I've finally reached a milestone of 100 posts made. ^^

Thanks for giving us a day off. I have a lot of catching up to do. I keep thinking I can just listen in the background, but these songs demand my full attention.
You should interact moar. You're related to Flint which means you're automatically awesome, and you can never have enough awesome on TLS <3

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Airling (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #37
Monterosa

Lex wrote:
Monterosa wrote: I just want to say that I'm loving this event so far. I'm on TLS every day and, with this post, I've finally reached a milestone of 100 posts made. ^^

Thanks for giving us a day off. I have a lot of catching up to do. I keep thinking I can just listen in the background, but these songs demand my full attention.
You should interact moar. You're related to Flint which means you're automatically awesome, and you can never have enough awesome on TLS <3
I'm usually around for the competitions and events. So if you want me to stay, now you know the way to hold me down

Force Your Way, all the way.
I second this, though I would also be happy with Lenna's Theme as Kuroto has suggested or Skycity of Bhujerba as I mentioned. In terms of which song I think is the most important, I would say Force Your Way.

I think we have enough FFVII and FFIX songs, so I would personally rather not have any more from those games.

Last edited by Monterosa; 11/06/2015 at 02:36 PM.
Monterosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #38
Airling

Monterosa wrote: I think we have enough FFVII and FFIX songs, so I would personally rather not have any more from those games.
You're probably right. And yet I can't help but nominate

YouTube Video

or

YouTube Video

Edit: It seems Prelude isn't included.

YouTube Video

Feels like a must! But they all do. Gah!

Last edited by Airling; 11/06/2015 at 05:59 AM.
Airling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2015   #39
Flintlock

I've thought about the Prelude as well but I don't know how many people would actually vote for it.
Old 11/06/2015   #40
Doom Bunneh

Do we have the battle theme from FFIV on the list? I tried checking the names but the only one I could find was "Battle 1", and that isn't on the list. If not, then I nominate it

(SPOILER)
Shademp wrote: I would just like to thank Airling and Blargon for being awesome additions to this forum.

Doom Bunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2015   #41
Monterosa

You know, I think we need The Oath from Final Fantasy VIII:

YouTube Video
Monterosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Doom Bunneh (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #42
Flintlock

I almost suggested that before I decided I had made enough suggestions already. So +1 from me on that.

This is a very informal vote, but it looks like we've got three people in favour of Force Your Way, two for Lenna's Theme, The Skycity of Bhujerba, Prelude and The Oath, and one for everything else that has been brought up. Maybe I'll take whichever song gets to four nominations first.

Last edited by Flintlock; 11/06/2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11/06/2015   #43
RedFFWolf

I'll also throw in my vote for "The Oath"
RedFFWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Monterosa (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #44
Flare

I vote for Prelude! To me that was the initial broad FF theme I'd heard first, before I happened upon the real FF theme. Anyway, it's a simple repeat melody but has a lovely tune with the ascending and descending notes in quick succession.
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Airling (11/06/2015)
Old 11/06/2015   #45
Flintlock

It's late in the day and I haven't had a chance to put the new polls up yet, so I guess we'll take another day off. Sorry to anyone who had their hopes up, but this way the entire first half will close before we get started on the second, which has a certain neatness to it that I appreciate.
Thanked by 3:
Doom Bunneh (11/07/2015), Flare (11/06/2015), Kuroto (11/06/2015)