The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content for Before Crisis and Crisis Core focusing on the 8 years, leading directly up until the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 09/10/2017   #16
ForceStealer

I agree that it was silly not to ask about a straight port, it's not even on the Playstation Store as a PSP game, as I recall. It's absence is really noticeable, very weird. I know people have guessed before about the Ayaka song...but there are games with licensed music on the store. But if it is the issue, just take it out. it was one of the more successful PSP games, it's really surprising they never tried to ride that.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
f a n c y (09/14/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tashasaurous (09/10/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/10/2017), Theozilla (09/11/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #17
Tashasaurous
Animexcel wrote: Why should there be a remake of Crisis Core in the first place? The graphics aren't even that bad.
And it's not like it was never in english or even had voice actors either. Besides, it's only ten years old.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
f a n c y (09/14/2017)
Old 09/11/2017   #18
Cat Rage Room

I'm going to have to hop on the 'I don't think Crisis Core really needs a remake yet' crowd.

I mean...it's aged pretty well, and it's not even that old. I'm not surprised they haven't entertained the idea, I mean, why would they?
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
f a n c y (09/14/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/11/2017)
Old 09/11/2017   #19
Tashasaurous
Cat Rage Room wrote: I'm going to have to hop on the 'I don't think Crisis Core really needs a remake yet' crowd.

I mean...it's aged pretty well, and it's not even that old. I'm not surprised they haven't entertained the idea, I mean, why would they?
Well, to me it's still young.

Crisis Core doesn't need a remake. It's Before Crisis that needs both a remake and an international/worldwide release.
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (09/14/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018)
Old 09/11/2017   #20
JechtShotMK9

I'd rather have a collection, honestly, like the KH ones. Give us a remastered Crisis Core, DoC, and make Before Crisis into a movie like the crappy KH games. Replace "Why" and the Gackt songs with some generic FFVII stuff if needed, and slap it on the PSN for $50. Easy.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Channy (09/12/2017), f a n c y (09/14/2017), Minato (09/11/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tashasaurous (09/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/11/2017)
Old 09/11/2017   #21
Tashasaurous
JechtShotMK9 wrote: I'd rather have a collection, honestly, like the KH ones. Give us a remastered Crisis Core, DoC, and make Before Crisis into a movie like the crappy KH games. Replace "Why" and the Gackt songs with some generic FFVII stuff if needed, and slap it on the PSN for $50. Easy.
Remastered versions of Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus are good too, and for a Before Crisis movie like the awesome KH games, I'd like them to be in CG and not in anime style.

I don't like the "Why" song, but I love Gackt's "Redemption" song.
Thanked by 3:
f a n c y (09/14/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/11/2017)
Old 09/14/2017   #22
lithiumkatana17

To be honest I'm not that surprised. The story is about to go through the wringer with the remake, so why would they want to remake a game with a plot that might possibly be rendered obsolete?

And tbh, I thought the graphics were ahead of its time for a PSP game. Gosh, I can't believe it's been 10 fucking years since that game came out. Jeebus, I remember how excited everyone was on ACF back then, it was so palpable.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Channy (09/14/2017), f a n c y (09/14/2017), Flare (09/17/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tashasaurous (09/14/2017), Teioh (09/14/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/14/2017), Theozilla (09/14/2017), Unit-01 (09/17/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/18/2017)
Old 09/14/2017   #23
Tashasaurous
lithiumkatana17 wrote: To be honest I'm not that surprised. The story is about to go through the wringer with the remake, so why would they want to remake a game with a plot that might possibly be rendered obsolete?
No one really knows how the story will turn out and whether the material of the four main Compilation titles(Before Crisis, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core) will be in the remake or not.

Plus, the only reason why Type 0 was remastered in the first place was because the PSP game was never released outside Japan.

lithiumkatana17 wrote: And tbh, I thought the graphics were ahead of its time for a PSP game.
That's Square Enix for ya'.

lithiumkatana17 wrote: Gosh, I can't believe it's been 10 fucking years since that game came out. Jeebus, I remember how excited everyone was on ACF back then, it was so palpable.
As the saying goes, "Time flies when you're having fun." Goes to show that we all still keep the memories alive that we don't even notice how long it's been for the games that we love. Seems like only just a few years ago rather than 10.

A lot of things happened 10 years ago, and now next year new things will happen again.
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (09/14/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/14/2017)
Old 09/15/2017   #24
Kieron_ODuibhir

I'll be disappointed if they kick Crisis Core out of continuity with the remake--I've tended rather to expect them to insert evidence of Genesis and Angeal having existed that obviously wasn't there in the original. But you never know.

XD As far as the general knowledge of Before Crisis' existence goes, I personally became aware of it long after every other part of the franchise, and thought of it as 'the Turk game' for a couple of years after that.

I think I finally learned its name out of pure irritation when I looked up a plot synopsis, and determined that it made Tseng's timeline even more inscrutable than Aerith's claim that they'd known each other since they were children already had.
Kieron_ODuibhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (09/15/2017), Tashasaurous (09/15/2017)
Old 09/15/2017   #25
ChipNoir

Kieron_ODuibhir wrote: I'll be disappointed if they kick Crisis Core out of continuity with the remake--I've tended rather to expect them to insert evidence of Genesis and Angeal having existed that obviously wasn't there in the original. But you never know.

XD As far as the general knowledge of Before Crisis' existence goes, I personally became aware of it long after every other part of the franchise, and thought of it as 'the Turk game' for a couple of years after that.

I think I finally learned its name out of pure irritation when I looked up a plot synopsis, and determined that it made Tseng's timeline even more inscrutable than Aerith's claim that they'd known each other since they were children already had.
I don't see them kicking it out, but I don't see them going to any great lengths to acknowledge it either, since it does nothing for the plot at large besides the nibelhiem events, which are only only slightly touched upon in Crisis Core.

It really depends on if they explain the mechanisms of Cloud's memory alterations, something VII doesn't really explain all that well.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2017   #26
Tashasaurous
ChipNoir wrote:
Kieron_ODuibhir wrote: I'll be disappointed if they kick Crisis Core out of continuity with the remake--I've tended rather to expect them to insert evidence of Genesis and Angeal having existed that obviously wasn't there in the original. But you never know.

I don't see them kicking it out, but I don't see them going to any great lengths to acknowledge it either, since it does nothing for the plot at large besides the nibelhiem events, which are only only slightly touched upon in Crisis Core.

It really depends on if they explain the mechanisms of Cloud's memory alterations, something VII doesn't really explain all that well.
Best case scenario for all Compilation titles to survive is that the Remake will be similiar to the Pokemon: I Choose You movie; change in storyline with similiar beginnings and such.

Difference between the Pokemon I Choose you remake and FFVII Remake is that the latter will most likely keep the original game's ending.

I'd be devastated if they announce that the Compilation of FFVII is not canon which definately is, especially since it's done by Square Enix, and despite the mixups, it explains almost everything.

*Shugs* But then, what can I do when/if that happens in the near future(by near, I mean in the next few years).
Old 09/17/2017   #27
Unit-01

I wouldn't mind a solid HD port of this game.

Wouldn't mind a remake either, but an HD port sounds more reasonable, also got to imagine some of Crisis Core will find its way into the 7-Remake, likely through flash backs or something of the sort.
Unit-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Theozilla (09/17/2017)
Old 01/05/2018   #28
ultima espio

No remake coming, but someone is making a HD revamp for PPSSPP:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18051.0

ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 11:
Alex Strife (01/06/2018), Cthulhu (01/05/2018), Flare (01/05/2018), Shademp (01/05/2018), Strangelove (01/06/2018), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Teioh (01/05/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/05/2018), Theozilla (01/06/2018), Unit-01 (01/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/01/2018)
Old 01/06/2018   #29
Strangelove

now i feel like digging out my psp and playing this again
Elessar (01/06/2018), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/06/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/01/2018)
Old 06/01/2018   #30
T@ctic

it's only 11yrs old...maybe on the 15-20yr anniversary it would make sense for a remaster, and maybe some new scenes or ones they deleted in production. but i don't see any reason to remake if it completely.

Animexcel wrote: Why should there be a remake of Crisis Core in the first place? The graphics aren't even that bad.
exactly, S/E made quality to last through the times. they don't even need to remake either of the ACs for a very long time (if they even want to).

ultima espio wrote: No remake coming, but someone is making a HD revamp for PPSSPP:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18051.0

awesome!!! that's better^^

Last edited by T@ctic; 06/01/2018 at 07:11 PM.
T@ctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (06/05/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/01/2018)