The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content for Before Crisis and Crisis Core focusing on the 8 years, leading directly up until the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 07/24/2015   #211
Strangelove

i don't see anything like that for the script when you first visit gongaga. sounds like someone got confused with zack's parents mentioning his letter where tells them he got a girlfriend or something.
Shademp (07/24/2015), The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015)
Old 07/25/2015   #212
ultima espio

Here we go. Removed it on the wiki...now it's back. So annoying.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (07/25/2015), The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015)
Old 07/25/2015   #213
JBedford

When you remove something from a wiki always state the reason for removal in the summary.
JBedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (07/25/2015), The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015)
Old 07/25/2015   #214
ultima espio

Yeah probably should have done that I was gonna put it in the talk section to explain it further...guess I forgot

Anyway been replaying this lately. Did they change the length of time between the Nibelheim incident and FF7? They mention 4 years in CC as opposed to 5 in FF7.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2015   #215
Shademp

ultima espio wrote: Did they change the length of time between the Nibelheim incident and FF7? They mention 4 years in CC as opposed to 5 in FF7.
The Nibelheim incident is still five years before the original game. It's just that Zack and Cloud escape from Shinra Manor about a year before the original game starts, ergo the mention of a four-year gap in Crisis Core.

From the Complete FFVII Timeline wrote: [ ν ] – εуλ 0006
12/19

· Zack escapes from his confinement in the Shinra Manor’s basement, and takes with him the mako poisoned Cloud.

[ ν ] – εуλ 0007

12/9

· FFVII Begins
Source
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015), ultima espio (07/26/2015)
Old 08/04/2015   #216
Shademp

I am finally farming for SP, gil and levelling up materia in the Japanese version of Crisis Core so that I can beat Minerva in that version. A few more hours of this and I should be ready. Believe it or not, now that I'm actually sitting down and doing the work I feel a passion for continuing my CC research and save file accumulations!
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015)
Old 08/20/2015   #217
Ultimasamune

Just wanted to thank you for this awesome thread. Tons of great stuff in here. I've just begun my own "perfect game" on the Japanese anniversary version, which I've had lying around unplayed since I got the PSP. Thanks especially for the multiple Goddess Keys tip.
Ultimasamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (08/20/2015), The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015)
Old 08/22/2015   #218
Shademp

I have now confirmed in both the Japanese and the European English version that SP caps at 99,999,999. This despite the counter menu having room for one more digit.

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!
Japanese

European English

@Ultimasamune
Thank you so much for that comment! It warms my heart.

Last edited by Shademp; 08/22/2015 at 12:08 PM.
Thanked by 4:
Alex Strife (08/22/2015), Strangelove (08/23/2015), The Twilight Mexican (08/23/2015), Ultimasamune (08/22/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #219
Ultimasamune

Not sure if you saw my thread on GameFAQs (the board is kind of dead tbh), but I recently remarked on the fact you can't get endless Poison Twisters, the base level (actually level 2) Status Quick Sword materia. Kind of an odd development choice making this class of materia potentially missable (if you convert or fuse). I wonder if it was an oversight. Or, even better, I wonder if the Ultimania missed an enemy you can steal it from. That would be great, though extremely unlikely. Reminds me of Hard Scales in Type-0. Or I guess I should say Hard Scales remind me of these.
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (09/11/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #220
Tashasaurous
At least Crisis Core had an english realase date on PSP, unlike Type-0 which had to be remastered for PS4.

I know this is out of the blue, but, a couple of the game's soundtracks remind of of a Pokemon game soundtracks, both of the main franchise and of the Mystery Dungeon games.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #221
Ultimasamune

Shademp, did you notice a difference in the max number of squats in the mini game across versions? Steve's guide says 68, Kirbyarm's says 67, and player comments are split pretty much down the middle. I've done the mini-game around 15 times now and always gotten 67. Is everyone just lying?
Thanked by:
Old 09/11/2015   #222
Shademp

Ultimasamune wrote: Shademp, did you notice a difference in the max number of squats in the mini game across versions? Steve's guide says 68, Kirbyarm's says 67, and player comments are split pretty much down the middle. I've done the mini-game around 15 times now and always gotten 67. Is everyone just lying?
I'm not sure what's going on, honestly. I have only gotten 67 at the most, but some people might be counting the final squat that can be seen when the minigame fades out but that doesn't enter into the squat counter.

In the words of Rufus Shinra (ACC), "it is merely my speculation".

Also I should mention that I haven't picked up CC, or any game, for some time now. Life has been a train wreck.
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015), Ultimasamune (09/11/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #223
Ultimasamune

Well, looks like you can only do 67 squats in chapter 5 but 68 in chapter 7. Maybe Zack's quads got stronger? Weird.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Hope everything comes together for you!
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (09/12/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/26/2015)
Old 09/12/2015   #224
Ultimasamune

Another update–maximum number of Coffin Keys is 5! Have three in your inventory, then kill a group of two Sahagins at the same time. Similar to the Goddess Keys. Note that groups of two Sahagins can only be encountered in Chapter 9, after you break out of the tubes.
Thanked by:
Shademp (09/12/2015)
Old 09/13/2015   #225
Ultimasamune

Did you point out the thing with the Gongaga reactor chests? I think if you do them in a certain order you get additional spoils. Should do them (going clockwise) 2 1 3 4. Neither Steve nor Kirbyarm mention this, so I'm wondering if it's a version difference (the extra rewards are 2,000 gil on chest 1 and a Spirit Stone on chest 4.
Thanked by: