The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 11/07/2012   #31
Chloe Frazer

Satsu that is in no way the same thing as actually seeing Orlais and Val Royeaux.

They might jump at the chance for more money.
Old 11/07/2012   #32
Hisako

I know it's not you butt, I'm just saying that they hype they generate for that place hasn't worked on me

Also, if Bethesda development times are any indication (years and years, brah) Bioware simply wouldn't have the time to put in the complexity of a sandbox before their release date target.
Don't get me wrong, I think an open-world Dragon Age would be the bomb, but Bioware's level design has always given me the impression of a small-scale conflict placed on a skybox, trying to fool us that a larger-scale fight is going on around the player.

At least, that's what I was getting from Origins. II didn't have that issue imo as the scale was small in the first place.
But who knows, it's Frostbite 2! they very much could have a sandbox. I'm just worried that it'll end up being the same copy-paste dealio.

Also I'll have to end up upgrading from XP ;-;

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012   #33
Chloe Frazer

You should've upgraded from XP already Satsu you dummy.

When money is involved it could happen, in the end I just want a good game. I love the DA series.
Old 01/28/2013   #34
Chloe Frazer

News about DA3:

-Cullen will be in the game, apparently as a party member. Really Bioware?

-Cassandra is likely to be a party member as well. Crossing fingers she's also a possible LI.

-It seems there will a Grey Warden party member, who they are is not known yet and so we have a legitimate use of the line "LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE!".

-Like ME3, DA3 will also use both male and female PCs for promotional material and it only took them 5 games to make that happen.

-Bioware has said the game will be influenced by Skyrim.

-There are rumors that the game will be pushed back till 2014 for the next gen consoles.

-Also this happened.

Some concept art

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/9c53da6450cbe1eab1e101be23c56143/tumblr_mgr7d8v2m11r4fpqmo1_500.jpg

Map of Orlais

Also I thought this was funny:

Old 02/03/2013   #35
Russell

I have mixed feeling about DA3.
I'm just tired of seeing wasted potential & feeling disappointed with Bioware games.

Replaying Dragon Age 1 for now.

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (02/03/2013), Mama Dragon (02/03/2013)
Old 02/03/2013   #36
Chloe Frazer

Well at least it seems like Bioware is taking steps into fixing problems and listening to fan feedback, of course the fiasco with ME3 they kind of have to.

More news:

- Another slight design change in the elves.

- You will not be able to randomly kill your companions.

- Leliana’s appearance in DA2 will be explained in DA3, especially if she was killed in Origins.

- During the start of the game, the protagonist will establish his relationship to the titular Inquisition.

- In addition to the dialogue wheel, a “reaction wheel” is going to be used for when an emotional reaction is needed.

- Rivalry/Friendship system won’t be returning as it was. Supposedly, it wont enable/prevent conversations from occurring.

- Romance options and companions are already set in stone.

More Concept Art

Old 02/03/2013   #37
Russell

Morrigan wrote: - Another slight design change in the elves.
Another? I didn't mind the redesign, but why again?
The concept art looks nice

Random images:
(SPOILER)

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (02/04/2013), Mama Dragon (02/03/2013), Shadowfox (02/04/2013), Splintered (02/23/2013), The Mad King (02/03/2013)
Old 02/23/2013   #38
Chloe Frazer

A few bits of new info:

- BioWare mentioned that the main plot will be “saving the world from itself”. It will involve war between mages and templars. Along with the larger size of the game map, the player will be able to travel to countries such as Tevinter to calm or encourage the fighting. Other places likely to be visited visit: Nevarra, Ferelden and Free Marches.

- There will be new kinds of demons. David Gaider says: “We’ve actually discussed new types of demons— despair, in fact, being one of them. You should see at least one new major type of demon in DA3”.

- During The Spring Review Day 4, BioWare said that one of the Dragon Age III character will be a challenge for cosplay fans.

- There will be many new characters but we will see some old friends

- No Dragon Age 3 Information will be shared at PAX East.
Old 02/23/2013   #39
Zee

i'm happy about the elf tweak. on the one hand, i was glad they made the elves look distinct, but it also made them look disturbingly childlike and...weird.

-Cullen will be in the game, apparently as a party member. Really Bioware?
well i spotted the token squadmate/companion i shove into a corner and never talk to. there's always gotta be one.

have you got a screw loose? or is it your...animal intuition?

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (02/23/2013)
Old 02/23/2013   #40
null

So basically we're getting Alistair back with no sense of humor. Bioware IS listening guys!
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (02/23/2013)
Old 02/24/2013   #41
Chloe Frazer

Zee wrote: i'm happy about the elf tweak. on the one hand, i was glad they made the elves look distinct, but it also made them look disturbingly childlike and...weird.

well i spotted the token squadmate/companion i shove into a corner and never talk to. there's always gotta be one.
Pretty much yeah. KoTOR had Carth, DA: O had Alistair, DA2 had Anders and Sebastian, Me1 had Kaidan, ME2 had Jacob. Welcome to the club Cullen!

On the plus side Cassandra <3
Old 02/24/2013   #42
The Mad King

Morrigan wrote: Pretty much yeah. KoTOR had Carth, DA: O had Alistair, DA2 had Anders and Sebastian, Me1 had Kaidan, ME2 had Jacob. Welcome to the club Cullen!

On the plus side Cassandra <3
You left Carth out of your party? Thats just wrong.
Old 02/24/2013   #43
Chloe Frazer

It felt very right to me. He's such a whiner, every 5 seconds he was bitching about something.
Old 02/24/2013   #44
null

Don't forget Nathaniel and Carver (although I guess one doesn't technically ignore a dead guy)
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (02/24/2013)
Old 02/24/2013   #45
Chloe Frazer

Carver who's he? Oh that's right he got killed by an ogre. Yeah I forgot about Nathaniel, he was so annoying and fucking stupid, how could not see that his dad was evil?