The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 06/16/2015   #1
Flintlock
Default Remake article ideas/organising

We're obviously going to be putting out a lot of content about the remake, so I thought it was a good idea for us to have a thread where (1) everyone can suggest articles and (2) site authors can coordinate their efforts.

I got the ball rolling with that transcript article, but now I really have to sleep. After all, a pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool. If someone wants to get working on the next article, an easy-ish one would be to round up all the promotional pictures that SE have published, upload them to our own server through Wordpress, and publish them all together.

Beyond that, all ideas are welcome. We have always been open to new contributors and I'm sure Lex won't mind me saying that that's particularly true now. This is our moment, let's make the most of it.

Also: I've got a fairly busy schedule coming up, but if I can find the time, I'll try to stream FFVII through from beginning to end for our Twitch channel and invite people from here on to discuss our hopes and fears for the remake. That'll be after E3 finishes, of course.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Dawnbreaker (06/17/2015), Jason Tandro (06/16/2015), Lex (06/16/2015), Shademp (06/16/2015), Super Mario (06/16/2015), The Man (06/16/2015), X-SOLDIER (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #2
Jason Tandro

Well as I already mentioned, I'm the music man. Anything having to do with video game soundtracks is my bread and butter. And I have a little bit of musical training to boot (albeit nothing super formal since high school). I will be doing a complete evaluation of the FF7 Compilation soundtrack, detailing music from FF7, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children and if I can find enough noteworthy tracks probably Before Crisis too.

Also I just now realized this:

FF7
FF7: AC
FF7: BC
FF7: CC
FF7: DC

Anyways, the article will detail as much trivia and history in to the games music as I can mention, an analysis of common leitmotifs and references to other FF games, and other such musical falderal.
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Ami (06/16/2015), Flintlock (06/16/2015), Minato (06/16/2015), Shademp (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #3
Lex

1. Image roundup article
2. Fan reaction discussion article (JasonTandro's video would be good)
3. Report on tomorrow with video (which I can do, I'll be saving to disk this time)
4. Musings on what it's going to be like from anyone (various opinion articles)

Also going to bed.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Flintlock (06/16/2015), Jason Tandro (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #4
Jason Tandro

Hey, Flintlock. Not that you don't have enough on your plate as is but... perhaps another "The Seven" is in order?
Thanked by:
Flintlock (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #5
Obsidian Fire

As already show in the staff chat thread, I'm going to be finishing up on polishing all of our index pages so they all match.

Speaking of which... I'm assuming we'll need a FFVII: Remake page for all the stuff you guys are publishing now...

I might as well start making an index page for that where we can link to all the "pre-release" stuff...
Flintlock (06/16/2015), Shademp (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #6
Claymore

It would definitely be cool to have LOTS of opinion piece articles encompassing different aspects that people want (or not) in this remake. This place is going to spike ... so now is the time to get the site up to scratch - filling in missing content and getting the look updated.

*Wanders off to find the site thread*
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2015   #7
Shademp

Could somebody add the tag "FFVII Remake" to WordPress? I vaguelly recall that we are not supposed to add tags willy-nilly, so I'm officially requesting it here.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tetsujin (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #8
Howl

Yes please on supplying links to all merchandise so I can buy ALL maybe some of it.
Thanked by:
Wolf_ (06/17/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #9
Flintlock

Shademp wrote: Could somebody add the tag "FFVII Remake" to WordPress? I vaguelly recall that we are not supposed to add tags willy-nilly, so I'm officially requesting it here.
Sure, I'm on it. It will be "Final Fantasy VII Remake", though, to match all our other tags which use the full format. For what it's worth, I don't mind people adding their own tags as long as they've made sure they comply with the guidelines I posted here.
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (06/16/2015), X-SOLDIER (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #10
Tetsujin

Flintlock wrote: Sure, I'm on it. It will be "Final Fantasy VII Remake", though, to match all our other tags which use the full format. For what it's worth, I don't mind people adding their own tags as long as they've made sure they comply with the guidelines I posted here.
That thread should be stickied imo.

Might come in handy to have a bunch of stickies as guides for posting articles and such in general.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (06/16/2015), Flintlock (06/16/2015), Shademp (06/16/2015), X-SOLDIER (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #11
Jason Tandro

Well the script for the first part of what has become my 5-part Compilation OST Review is completed. Of course there are the twin bugbears of recording the thing (complete with sound editing and actually inserting fair use acceptable samples of the tracks) and actually editing the video (which involves footage gathering, screencaps, custom title cards... god I wish I wasn't using Windows Movie Maker for this...

But I feel confident that the first part video will be completed sometime tomorrow. (It'd be tonight except I have a sick wife to take care of when she gets home)

And before you go "wow you work fast" remember that I'd been planning this for months and never actually got around to stitching it together so all the research had already been done.
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (06/16/2015), Flintlock (06/16/2015), Tetsujin (06/16/2015), X-SOLDIER (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #12
Flintlock

@Tets: Stickied. I think there was some talk in the past of creating a full tutorial for writing front page articles. I know there are already some parts - like setting a featured image - scattered around the place. If we change the front page design then we can do it after that.
Thanked by 3:
Claymore (06/16/2015), Tetsujin (06/16/2015), X-SOLDIER (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #13
Claymore

A full tutorial would be ace.

Jason, I've got Vegas Pro, so if you need any help piecing together future video projects (since you already have this one in hand), let me know.
Thanked by:
Jason Tandro (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #14
Jason Tandro

Claymore wrote: A full tutorial would be ace.

Jason, I've got Vegas Pro, so if you need any help piecing together future video projects (since you already have this one in hand), let me know.

I used to have Adobe Premiere which was a beautiful piece of software. I would love to get my hands on CS 5.5 again. But thank you for the offer and lord knows I may very well take you up on it since Windows Movie Maker is an editing fate worse than death. When I'm having to make my own title cards in MS Paint, you know you f*cked up.

iMovie is better editing software, there I said it.

Edit: Also, Claymore... did you just use a Jake And Amir-ism?
Thanked by:
Claymore (06/16/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #15
Claymore

Had to google that. Never seen it, so only accidentally if it was one, lol.
Thanked by:
Jason Tandro (06/16/2015)