The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 11/15/2017   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy

So, I first found out about this from the HatFilms video, and then they did it on stream, and then they just released another video. I simply can't get enough of watching people play this game, and the amazing frustration it causes, so I needed a thread for it.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

There're speed runs of it in 3 mins, and even seeing people watch them is satisfying in a different way, once you've witnessed the pure rage that this game can produce, seeing it done in record time is all the more satisfying.

X-SOLDIER wrote: The Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy Speedruns are fucking mind-destroying.

YouTube Video
At any rate, if there're more good videos of people trying the game, feel free to poast them, etc. GotY for sure.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (11/15/2017), Shademp (11/15/2017)
Old 11/15/2017   #2
Cthulhu

X wrote: GotY for sure.
There's a lot of competition you know,

also where's the loot boxes.

here's the 3 minute one btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unFkQvq5kYY ; I'm sure they can shave off another 5-10 seconds within a couple days, there were some mistakes there. Interesting fuckery in that furniture bit.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (11/15/2017)
Old 12/03/2017   #3
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 12/03/2017   #4
Cthulhu

You can tell there's still a lot of mistakes or imperfections in that run, so getting below that should be doable.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (12/04/2017)
Old 12/04/2017   #5
X-SOLDIER

The best time looks like it might be possible for a sub-2-min run, which seems insane.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Cthulhu (12/04/2017)
Old 12/04/2017   #6
Cthulhu

inb4 someone does a sub-1-minute run full of weird glitches and shit,
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (12/04/2017)
Old 12/30/2017   #7
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Looks like the sub-2-min run could happen soon. 2:04 is SO smooth.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 12/30/2017   #8
Flintlock

If the name Bennett Foddy isn't familiar to you, he's the guy who made QWOP, which became a bit of a meme for a while a few years back, and many other flash games. Little Master is my favourite and has been in my bookmarks folder ever since I first played it.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (12/31/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/31/2017)
Old 12/30/2017   #9
Tetsujin

I've watched people play this. I don't think I could do it, I'm already having heart palpitations and the rage over this would probably give me a heart attack or something

If the name Bennett Foddy isn't familiar to you, he's the guy who made QWOP,
I played the shit out of QWOP a few years back when I was bored at work. Eventually even got pretty decent at it too. xD

Cosplay done right:

Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Addy Carver (01/16/2018), Cthulhu (12/31/2017), Flintlock (01/20/2018), X-SOLDIER (12/31/2017)
Old 01/01/2018   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Here's a video of the highlights of Robbaz playing the game on stream. Quote the fantastic Swedish emotional rollercoaster.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Cthulhu (01/03/2018)
Old 01/14/2018   #11
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Sub-2-min-run achieved.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (01/14/2018), Ghost X (01/14/2018), Lex (01/14/2018)
Old 01/14/2018   #12
Mao Shizhong

Hot damn, that first space meteor hit though....I remember seeing the 2:04 run and feeling shit knowing it could have been 2:02 or something because of hitting a rock in the space part :/
Mao Shizhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (01/14/2018)
Old 01/14/2018   #13
Cthulhu

I like how he just uninstalls it right after
Thanked by 2:
Mao Shizhong (01/14/2018), X-SOLDIER (01/15/2018)
Old 01/14/2018   #14
Ghost X

Still seems like a lot of imperfections that could be improved upon.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (01/15/2018)
Old 01/15/2018   #15
Cthulhu

Yeah but unless there's some glitches or magic happens, no or not much more than 10 seconds I'd argue.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (01/15/2018)