The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 09/16/2011   #61
Kobato

Joseph Joestar wrote: But but but but I love my Donald and my Goofy ;_;
^

This.

Plus, it's a Disney game so how can you not have classic Disney characters in your team ?

Uhm, don't get disappointed when you start seeing Aladdin and Snow White :/

Kobato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Kikyou (12/15/2011), Splintered (09/17/2011)
Old 09/16/2011   #62
Celes Chere

I just didn't like Goofy and Donald on my team because they were pretty useless. Plus Donald's constant screaming got old quick. I'd rather have taken the Disney characters from other worlds and had them travel with me instead.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Kikyou (12/15/2011), Kobato (09/16/2011), Mantichorus (01/14/2012), Serah Farron (09/16/2011), Zealkin (12/16/2011)
Old 09/16/2011   #63
Super Mario

If Bat Bat and Wonder Cat can kick bigger ass this time around, I'll consider them great replacements to Donald and Goofy. Wonder Cat looks like The big guy in this game (as in like goofy, takes alot of damage, doesn't use magic and can pound like a mofo)
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011   #64
Lumina

Well I really don't mind at all Donald and Goofy. In fact I used them in my team all the time because...let's be honest. It was easier to just level Donald/Goofy than upgrading each character from each world. But that doesn't mind that I wouldn't mind if they changed the characters this time around. Sora is going to be there so I really don't care.

That's just my opinion though .

"Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here."
Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (09/16/2011), Kikyou (12/15/2011)
Old 09/16/2011   #65
Shademp

Sion wrote: I just didn't like Goofy and Donald on my team because they were pretty useless. Plus Donald's constant screaming got old quick. I'd rather have taken the Disney characters from other worlds and had them travel with me instead.
Indeed, I always felt that it was a waste of programming to create all these other team members and then limit them to their respective worlds. One thing they could do is create unique movesets that interact with the environment and allow access to new environments and/or more challenges. If the series had a deeper and more challenging combat system, each character's traits could be picked for strategic purposes in particularly tough situations.
Also, scenes with these wasted characters reacting to other worlds could have delivered some very funny moments.

But no. Donald & Goofy are the only constants (aside from Sora), with Donald pretty much being the healer and Goofy being the brawler. It also fascinates me how there are so many AI settings for them in KHII, yet you are never motivated to pick any other setting because the game is just so easy. If the combat was deeper and required more strategy then maybe there would be a point to those AI options.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Celes Chere (09/16/2011), Kikyou (12/15/2011), Serah Farron (09/16/2011), Super Mario (09/16/2011)
Old 09/16/2011   #66
Super Mario

I wish Nomura took Disney's initial idea and made all the disney folk available for combat in other worlds. It would've been unique to see Simba brawl in The World that Never Was or Tron in Neverland.

That aside, who is Wonder Cat and Bat bat anyway? do we know anything about these cute criters?
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011   #67
Celes Chere

I also thought it sucked that once you got Riku into your party you couldn't take him to other worlds with you. >:C LIKE HE WAS STUCK IN THE WORLD THAT NEVER WAS. BULLSHIT.
Thanked by 4:
Kikyou (12/15/2011), Kobato (09/17/2011), Lumina (09/17/2011), Serah Farron (09/16/2011)
Old 09/17/2011   #68
Makoeyes987

I fucking hate you Kingdom Hearts.

...Damn you, I'm now officially interested. Why must they keep opening my heart like this?!
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (09/17/2011), Kikyou (12/15/2011), Mantichorus (01/14/2012), Scias (09/19/2011), Tifaeria (09/18/2011)
Old 09/17/2011   #69
Kobato

Smooth Criminal wrote: ...Damn you, I'm now officially interested. Why must they keep opening my heart like this?!
Because SE are truly the heartless and they want ur heart

If they're going to add characters from other SE games, are they going to add Chrono and Marle from the CT series ?? ]:

Kobato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2011   #70
Sprites

My interest in this game has suddenly peaked. I love that Sora is still a short arse compared to Riku, nice to see they get a change of clothes and I like the new hairstyle for Riku. Those dream eater creatures look so frickin' cute that I wanna squish one of them.
Sprites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2011   #71
Celes Chere

Am I the only one that hates Riku's haircut? :c
Thanked by 3:
crack (12/16/2012), Kikyou (12/15/2011), Serah Farron (09/17/2011)
Old 09/17/2011   #72
DrakeClawfang

I'm trying to find a high quality version of the trailer to see myself, but an interesting plot twist for the rest of the series was in the most recent one. There's a scene of (SPOILER) Braig asking Xehanort - as in Terranort - if he's recovered his memory yet. Xehanort responds by raising his hand and summoning his Keyblade.

EDIT - this is the best I can find. 1:50.

YouTube Video

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
DrakeClawfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (09/17/2011), Celes Chere (09/17/2011), Dark and Divine (09/17/2011), Kikyou (12/15/2011), Scias (09/18/2011), Serah Farron (09/17/2011)
Old 09/17/2011   #73
Lumina

Riku makes me drool all over my laptop. And that 2nd pic? DANG! I wish it came in higher resolution T_T. Its so pretty....
This should stop...because I'm getting more and more impulsive about getting a Nintendo3DS and I didn't want to...

"Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here."
Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (09/18/2011), Kikyou (12/15/2011)
Old 09/19/2011   #74
Scias

DrakeClawfang wrote: I'm trying to find a high quality version of the trailer to see myself, but an interesting plot twist for the rest of the series was in the most recent one. There's a scene of (SPOILER) Braig asking Xehanort - as in Terranort - if he's recovered his memory yet. Xehanort responds by raising his hand and summoning his Keyblade.

EDIT - this is the best I can find. 1:50.

YouTube Video
BbS Spoilers It was pretty obvious Braig would return too, there were too many unanswered questions about his nature, motives... And knowledge.

But even so, HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S BRAIG AGAIN OMGOMGOMGOMG HYPE HYPE HYPE YES YES YES
Old 09/19/2011   #75
Makoeyes987

Oh shit, this should be interesting. I'm glad they brought him back. I wonder who else will return...
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote