The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 01/26/2017   #3781
The Twilight Mexican

Some interesting new "you aren't supposed to be here" exploration videos:

Chapter 12 spoilers? Sort of?
In this video, the player explores around Shiva's corpse, but then takes a route we haven't seen anyone attempt before back toward Tenebrae (we've seen another player go all the way to where Gralea should be to find nothing there, and we've seen an in-depth examination of Shiva's corpse previously).

They're actually able to scale the mountains, which is surprising (can't believe that stuff has collision detection), and reach the train tracks headed back the other way -- but when they do finally get about 6/10 or 7/10 of the way to Tenebrae, the traintracks disappear into the snow and the landscape suddenly stops being solid.

YouTube Video

We know from previous exploration videos that you can't really get into this area between Tenebrae and where the tracks end coming from the other direction either. Coming from the direction of Tenebrae, you'll hit an endless loading screen.

So it seems that while most of the Niflheim contintent is fully explorable, there's this tiny little section right at the center that isn't. Odd.

Chapter 10 spoilers? Probably not
Someone found out that you can climb the giant tree in the Fodina Caestino Mine.

YouTube Video

You can't climb all the way up, and you aren't even supposed to be able to get to here -- but oddly enough, there's a non-functioning point-warp marker at the spot about the height of where you're able to reach using this exploit (see about 3:20 in the video).

More oddly still, when the player who did the Shiva video attempted this tree climb on the latest update of the game, the point-warp marker didn't appear. See about 4:45 in this video.

Good stuff.
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (01/27/2017), Flare (01/26/2017)
Old 01/27/2017   #3782
Lucis Caelum

Lulcielid wrote: FFXV was #1 most download game between Nov 28 - Dec 25 according to Famitsu
https://metabblestavern.blogspot.com...28-dec-25.html

Based on Famitsu estimates, FFXV was the #3 most downloaded game of 2016 at over 88k downloads.
https://metabblestavern.blogspot.com...-in-japan.html
Regardless of it's opening performance compared to previous entires, FFXV is still the #1 best selling PS4 game in japan once all is said and done. As well as the only game to cross over a million there, currently (physical + digital sales).
https://sites.google.com/site/gameda.../playstation-4
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (01/28/2017), Dark and Divine (01/27/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/27/2017)
Old 01/28/2017   #3783
The Twilight Mexican

I was going to embed all of these, but ... then the page started to lag. So just the first three will be embedded, then the last one; the rest will be links to YouTube.
----

Anybody else ever see this one? The Chocobros giving Prompto shit in Altissia:

YouTube Video

----

And when asking him whether he's more interested in Cidney or Chapter 7 spoilers Aranea (major burn from Ignis at the very end of the video):

YouTube Video

----

It had to happen. The "That's It" remix:

YouTube Video

----

Ignis doing a hit and run followed by the perfect music

Ghost Ignis driving

Weird animation of Ignis and Prompto apparently having an argument during a drive

Ignis makes an entrance

Hilarious fan edit entitled "Ignis comes up with a new recipe at the most inappropriate moment" (beware: Chapter 9/10 spoilers); LMAOOO

Here, he really does pick a bad time

Noctis basically jerking Talcott around

I don't know what to say about you after this, Prompto

And after that, Prompto wasn't allowed to hold any more magic

Seriously, there's no way after this
----

Random assortment of awesome:

YouTube Video
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (01/31/2017), Dark and Divine (01/29/2017), Fangu (01/30/2017), Shademp (01/29/2017), Unit-01 (01/29/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 01/29/2017   #3784
Shademp

Thanks for sharing all that gold, Tres. I find it humorous that what has drawn my attention to FFXV in the most positive way are its broken and glitchy aspects.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 01/29/2017   #3785
The Twilight Mexican

This game really is a gold mine for that kind of stuff.

And I've got more!

Ignis was kind of the star of that last round, but this one is almost all Prompto. Though, while on the subject, Iggy really needs to keep his eye on the road if he's going to critique Noctis's driving.

Anyway --

Prompto flipping off Talcott; I literally choked on my drink and laughed out loud at this for a couple of minutes

Further evidence that Prompto shouldn't have access to anything that goes "boom"

Like, seriously, don't let him have that stuff

For real

Also, he may occasionally get distracted during battle when you need him

He is fearless, though, rushing in where angels fear to tread; got to give him that

Not that it's always a good thing

Sometimes it's straight-up bad

That being said, he'll go that extra mile to get the perfect picture

Really, this is dedication

And at times he totally can just be a total BAMF
----

Also, here's an asshole driver -- and for once, it isn't Ignis:

YouTube Video

----

And here Noctis goes Super Saiyan Rose:

YouTube Video
Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (01/31/2017), Dark and Divine (01/29/2017), Kuja9001 (01/31/2017), Shademp (01/29/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 01/30/2017   #3786
Lucis Caelum

Next Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report set for February 2
Thanked by 4:
Alex Strife (01/31/2017), Dark and Divine (01/30/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/30/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 01/31/2017   #3787
Tetsujin

DLC release dates

Gladio DLC screenshots
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (01/31/2017), Cthulhu (01/31/2017), Dark and Divine (01/31/2017), Flare (01/31/2017), ForceStealer (01/31/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/31/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #3788
The Twilight Mexican

Another out-of-bounds exploration video during the big boss fight in Chapter 9 (sort of spoilery if you never watched any trailers, I guess)

An epic Regalia crash entitled "Impressing Cindy"

Another crash nearly as epic as the first

This is apparently a really common glitch, and I never get tired of seeing new videos of it

The main attraction here is the super creepy summoning that happens at 1:25

Main attraction here is what Chapter 7 spoilers Aranea's doing at 6:08

Kenny Crow cosplay

GIF entitled "The FFXV DLC is starting to get a bit weird"

Gentiana decided to appear in the group photo at Cape Caem for this lucky player
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (02/01/2017), Dark and Divine (02/01/2017), Lex (02/01/2017), Shademp (02/01/2017), Tetsujin (02/01/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #3789
Lucis Caelum

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata talks VR content, potential PC port, more in Weekly Famitsu

What’s the ratio between Final Fantasy XV‘s physical and digital sales?

Tabata: “Based on the company’s average, there has been a whole lot of sales of the digital version. We’ve seen good numbers not only in Japan, but also in North America and Europe, so we’re happy about it.”

What kind of feedback have you received from players overseas, given that they’re so accustomed to open worlds?

Tabata: “As a current generation game, there has been a lot of satisfied feedback. We’ve seen an impressive amount of feedback such as, ‘it’s a very important title as it’s a major step in Final Fantasy moving forward to the next stage.’ However, players that put maximum priority on story have the same opinion as those in Japan (their level of satisfaction is low).”

Were there any parts of the story that were cut out of necessity?

Tabata: “Not particularly.”

When you update Chapter 13, will there be a mechanism for players who have cleared it to be able to play it again?

Tabata: “I’m thinking about those things together.”

What’s going on with Final Fantasy XV‘s virtual reality content?

Tabata: “Development is progressing, but we haven’t progressed to the point where we can say specifically when it will be released.”

Fast-travel loading is long…

Tabata: “It’s honestly difficult because there is a lot of information to load. We’re thinking about various ideas though.”

Any update and downloadable content news outside of what was announced?

Tabata: “Although there are no plans, I do have one ambition. And that’s to freely travel that world by car. However, since realizing this in its existing state means overcoming some very high hurdles and tremendous debugging, the prospect of implementing it is impractical.”

In the movie there were areas that you couldn’t go to in the game. Will the amount of areas increase?

Tabata: “Those videos made use of glitches. There is a large map being used on the train route in the second half of the game. Since that area isn’t completely made, opening it up as an area you can freely traverse is difficult as is.

“We might remake playable areas in future expansions, but since that would take a year, it is not currently in our plans. For argument’s sake, if we were to prepare new fields, Insomnia would also be a candidate, but that also would take a year’s worth of work.”

Regarding a release on other platforms…

Tabata: “I’d like to release the game on PC as a technical attempt. I want to show PC users Final Fantasy XV running on high-end machines, and we personally would like to see it, too. Also, I would like to try developing on PC to pursue a unique way of playing with PC-exclusive features like making your own quests and enjoying the world using things like mods.”
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (02/02/2017), Dark and Divine (02/01/2017), Tetsujin (02/01/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/01/2017), Theozilla (02/02/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #3790
Shademp

The Twilight Mexican wrote:GIF entitled "The FFXV DLC is starting to get a bit weird"
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (02/02/2017), Cthulhu (02/01/2017), Dark and Divine (02/01/2017), Flare (02/02/2017), lithiumkatana17 (02/03/2017), Tetsujin (02/01/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #3791
The Twilight Mexican

God, I love this game's glitches.

Ignis has such an epiphany when coming up with this new recipe that ... well, you'll see (skip to 13:10)

Infinite attack from invincible daemon (skip to 11:30)

Player has hilarious reaction to glitch warping out of a dungeon

"David Blaine: Street Magic," now featuring Prince Noctis

Endgame spoiler Ifrit gets frozen early; twice; three times even

Camping with a goblin

Not sure if dead

Gentiana may be the chick from "The Ring"; sure seems like it

Chapter 7 spoiler Aranea can seriously jump

Flying chocobos

Bailing out of the Regalia

Magitek Troopers decided not to even try

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 02/01/2017 at 11:20 PM.
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (02/02/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #3792
X-SOLDIER

So, we need to be talking about the pure excellence that is up-and-coming on the 21st, which is the...

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (02/02/2017), Dark and Divine (02/01/2017), Flare (02/02/2017), lithiumkatana17 (02/02/2017), Shademp (02/01/2017), Teioh (02/01/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/01/2017)
Old 02/02/2017   #3793
Unit-01

Were there any parts of the story that were cut out of necessity?

Tabata: “Not particularly.”
Putting your foot right in your mouth Tabata.
Unit-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/02/2017)
Old 02/02/2017   #3794
Elessar
Default Updates from the 2/2/17 ATR

YouTube Video

Pics below are from their Twitter account.

I'm too tired to translate them. Maybe later. But the parts in English should be pretty obvious.

Oh. Can someone change the thread title to reflect the date of this ATR? So that it'll be clearer.

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 02/02/2017 at 01:59 PM.
Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (02/02/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/02/2017)
Old 02/02/2017   #3795
Lucis Caelum

Final Fantasy XV’s promised 60FPS PS4 Pro patch arrives February 21
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (02/02/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/02/2017), Theozilla (02/02/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/02/2017)