The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 06/14/2018   #781
Theozilla

IIRC Nomura said he planned for KH3 to be finale of the Xehanort Saga for the series, but not the last game fo the franchise/series in general.
Old 06/14/2018   #782
Tashasaurous
I know that, as everyone's pretty much sick and tired of Xehanort by now, and I'm already looking forward to KH4 even though would have to wait until after FFVII Remake.

However, considering he said that in 2013, there is a chance that through out those six years he could've easily changed his mind.

Edit:-About Final Fantasy characters: After going through a count given on Nomura saying the minimum numbers of Final Fantasy characters in KH3, maybe we'll hopefully see seven-Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud, Tifa and maybe Sephiroth, because the first two games had a good number while Birth By Sleep only had Zack.

KH1: Nine characters-Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud, Selphie, Tidus, Wakka, and Sephiroth(who made an appearence in the Final Mix version).

KH2: Seventeen including the returning six from KH1-Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud, Sephiroth, Selphie, Tifa, Seifer, Rai, Fu, Stezner(or however you spell his name, the guy from FF6), Vivi, Yuna, Rikku, Paine and Auron.

Seventeen is ten over seven when it add it up. So, hopefully, we might see the Restoration Committee return along with Cloud, Tifa and possibily Sephiroth. Seven Final Fantasy characters isn't that big for appearences in KH3, right? Unless Nomura doesn't want to confuse that despite that he already confused us for not Seven but fourteen Princesses of Heart.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Kairi both having Namine using the power of darkness to open corridors before the two fused together to make Kairi whole and Kairi also having become a Keyblade wielder made Xehanort decide to restort in seeking new Princesses of Light if Agrabah doesn't return either despite that Jasmine isn't a Keyblade wielder?

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/14/2018 at 11:23 AM.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2018   #783
Tashasaurous
Just had a thought and this is very, very unlikely, but what if the "Hard to Swallow/Accept" meant something no one really wants or expects.

Like say, after Sora defeats Xehanort things start to fall apart and the only way to fix this is for someone to allow themselves to save the worlds by taking away their own life and as Sora is about to do it....

Xehanort realises the error of his ways and sacrifices himself to correct it while asking Sora and his friends to always protect the Realm of Light before he destroys the X-Blade and frees those he killed/or possessed before becoming engulfed in the explosion that kills him and Sora and others that survived are saved along with the rest of the Realm and everything.

Sure Xehanort is the "very" evil villian who doesn't deserve a change of heart like Barbossa(though given his love for apples and wanting nothing more than to become human again, I find him as a pity antagonist who later becomes a supporting protagonist), but there is that possibilty.

Then again that's light if Xehanort ends up good at the last second and dies by sarcrificing himself and KH3 is supposed to be the darkest of all Kingdom Hearts games.

Edit: On second thought, nevermind. Here's what I also found out just now.

As revealed by Jonathon Thornbush today in an IGN article, Tetsuya Nomura states that dark things are in store for the heroes in Kingdom Hearts III.

Nomura talked about the story's progress in an interview for IGN at E3, offering this comment in regards to whether this new entry would be the end of Sora's story.

"I do consider Kingdom Hearts to be Sora's story. But if I go into any more details, I think I'll be spoiling the game for everyone, so I just want to leave it at that," Nomura said.
The article continues, mentioning the other various games in the series. With the theme of the latest game being, "resolution," according to Nomura, it looks like the fans of the series will be able to look forward to an ending that's full of surprises.Quote
"There are going to be a lot of shocking scenes, especially toward the end of the game," [Nomura] said. "So I think you would definitely need to brace yourselves for them."
Many are hoping that, when it comes to the main characters, such as Sora, Riku, and Kairi, that their stories reach a satisfying conclusion. Nomura had this to say about the nature of friendships and how he wants to replicate the reality of those dynamics in Kingdom Hearts III.Quote
"Kingdom Hearts is not too realistic, but I do want my players to grasp a sense of reality from it as well," Nomura said. "For example, I'm sure you had friends when you were young, a good group of friends, but as you grow older things change and it doesn't always stay the same. I think all I can say is please play to the very end and see what happens. But I think Kingdom Hearts 3 does depict how each character feels about each other in this new story line."
What do you think this means for the ending of Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below!

Kingdom Hearts III releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer, Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer, and Pirates of the Carribean trailer!

Follow our coverage of Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018 here, and our live updates on our Twitter!

Click here to view the article
I guess it pretty much settles it.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/15/2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06/15/2018   #784
Chloe Frazer

YouTube Video
Old 06/15/2018   #785
ForceStealer

When do we get enough clout that we can go on EZA?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (06/15/2018), Tetsujin (06/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/15/2018   #786
looneymoon

so decision time - should I get the HD collection now in anticipation of KH3? or should I put a pre-order on the Deluxe bundle and get everything all at once? I really loved those first 2 games a lot. My PS2 save files have 100% completion on both of them.

I'm still going through Breath of the Wild so I am totally cool waiting. There's also other games I would prefer trying out before revisiting Kingdom Hearts...

Why is saving money so difficult ;_;

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Channy (06/17/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018)
Old 06/15/2018   #787
Theozilla

I believe if you pre-order the the all in one deluxe bundle you get immediate access to the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 content since its a digital bundle. So you can play them immediately without having to wait until the KH3 part of the bundle comes out as well.
ForceStealer (06/15/2018), looneymoon (06/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018)
Old 06/15/2018   #788
ForceStealer

^That's pretty cool.

And I don't know how you feel about the various spinoffs, Rishi. But if you only play one - I strongly suggest Birth By Sleep. It might even be my favorite.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (06/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018)
Old 06/15/2018   #789
looneymoon

That's the one that has made me consider the HD release at all. That and the 2 main entries. I wouldn't mind checking out 352/2 Days if I ever have time because the music's good.

I'm also a little curious to find out firsthand how much more (or less?) sense the KH lore makes when actually experiencing everything firsthand

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/16/2018), ForceStealer (06/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018), Theozilla (06/16/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #790
Theozilla

looneymoon wrote: That's the one that has made me consider the HD release at all. That and the 2 main entries. I wouldn't mind checking out 352/2 Days if I ever have time because the music's good.

I'm also a little curious to find out firsthand how much more (or less?) sense the KH lore makes when actually experiencing everything firsthand
I’ve found that playing the KH series for the first time with the 1.5+2.5 release makes everything much easier to understand. Like KH’s plot is convoluted and its bread and butter is abstractation and abstract concepts but it’s not impossible to follow or understand.
looneymoon (06/16/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #791
JechtShotMK9

Minor pet peeve about BBS and 3D being called "spinoffs." They're spinoffs in the same way that Empire Strikes Back is a spinoff to A New Hope.

That is, if you skip it, you won't have a clue what the fuck is happening in Return of the Jedi. The handheld KH games aren't optional side content, they are essential, main stories in the series. KHIII will be totally incomprehensible to someone who hasn't played BBS, 3D, and, by the looks of it, CoM.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
looneymoon (06/16/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018), Theozilla (06/17/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #792
Ergo

JechtShotMK9 wrote: Minor pet peeve about BBS and 3D being called "spinoffs." They're spinoffs in the same way that Empire Strikes Back is a spinoff to A New Hope.

That is, if you skip it, you won't have a clue what the fuck is happening in Return of the Jedi. The handheld KH games aren't optional side content, they are essential, main stories in the series. KHIII will be totally incomprehensible to someone who hasn't played BBS, 3D, and, by the looks of it, CoM.

Never played either so guess I'm fucked

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #793
The Twilight Mexican

Don't worry. The overarching plot is still incomprehensible even if you have.
Thanked by 2:
Channy (06/17/2018), ForceStealer (06/19/2018)
Old 06/16/2018   #794
Lucis Caelum

Kingdom Hearts III will include a Story Summary Video.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (06/20/2018), Chloe Frazer (06/17/2018), Dark and Divine (06/16/2018), looneymoon (06/16/2018), Tashasaurous (06/17/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2018), Theozilla (06/17/2018)
Old 06/17/2018   #795
Tashasaurous
JechtShotMK9 wrote: Minor pet peeve about BBS and 3D being called "spinoffs." They're spinoffs in the same way that Empire Strikes Back is a spinoff to A New Hope.

And Coded.

The Twilight Mexican wrote: Don't worry. The overarching plot is still incomprehensible even if you have.

The entire plot has been confusing and plot-twisting from left to right, with a bunch of secret endings and cliff-hangers that makes everyone want to know what happens next and when they do, they get hit with more questions and plot-twists. No different with some Final Fantasy titles.

And from the looks of things, Nomura's more towards the villans than Sora.

The Verge recently spoke with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura about his work with the Kingdom Hearts series over the past 16 years and the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3.

This series has the reputation of having a very convoluted story that even the most dedicated fans may have difficulty wrapping their heads around. Although he is expected, as the creator, to understand each and every little piece of detail, even he has difficulty following it all.
“I do have a general storyline in my head. What is the most confusing is that, because there are so many characters in this storyline now, it’s hard to keep track of who actually met who already. I’m always like, 'Okay, so who knows who in this situation, and who’s meeting this person for the first time?’ And that always gets really confusing.”
And while he had once felt very close with and related to Sora, even viewing him as a son, that relationship has since changed dramatically.
“I actually don’t sympathize or empathize with Sora at all,” Nomura says. Instead, he relates to the game’s mysterious villains, Xehanort or likely Ansem, anyone who’s fallen prey to their dark natures. “I think I’m closer to those characters, so Sora is like my enemy. How I always think of him is I would unleash my attacks on him, and then I draw him in a way that I think he will be able to make a comeback at me. In that sense, I really think that Sora is just like an opposite personality character to who I am.”
Of course, being the creator of such a notable franchise isn't all sunshines and rainbows. All that excitement from fans leads to high expectations, which puts a lot of pressure on him to deliver a good product.
“The fan expectations and excitement towards Kingdom Hearts III was much more than I had expected. I actually did feel a little pressurized for the first time pretty much in my life. But the best way to get rid of feeling pressurized is to just have confidence in yourself, that what you’re making is good.”
Right now, he says he feels pretty good about where the game is headed. “I really have confidence in Kingdom Hearts III, that it is a good game. I was really able to get rid of that pressure that I was feeling.”
Read the full interview on The Verge.
Personally, after KH3, maybe he should take a few months or a bit more off before continuing on FFVII Remake and (very unlikely) KH4 and the next saga(very likely without Sora now.)