The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/17/2018   #796
JechtShotMK9
Default

wut
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2018   #797
Tashasaurous
Post

Coded is set after KH2 and before Dream Drop Distance. That is mostly the reason of Sora supposedly meant to rescue those connected to his heart in the first place.

As for that interview, now I'm seeing a most obvious reason that Nomura had the whole thing reversed regards to Sora and Xehanort.

He said that KH3 is the final game with Xehanort and would end the Dark Seeker Saga and that Sora will always be the Main Protagonist even in the next Saga. Yet, what if in in reality it's the opposite?:

KH3 is the end of the Sora Saga and that Xehanort will always be the Main Antagonist.

I mean, as far it goes, everything Nomura says means the opposite of what he's attempting to do. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/17/2018 at 03:44 AM.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2018   #798
JechtShotMK9
Default

I mean, you're delusional, but we all know that by this point.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2018   #799
Tashasaurous
Post

JechtShotMK9 wrote: I mean, you're delusional, but we all know that by this point.
Okay, maybe I am and I'm deeply sorry about that, but everything Nomura says is confusing, and it never hurts to have an alternate thought in the mind until we know for certain, and I re-think of what I said, because I've discovered yet another interview.

Boy, Nomura's doing lots of Interviews this month.

During the E3 2018 in Los Angeles Tetsuya Nomura, the Kingdom Hearts saga director and creator, had the chance to be interviewed by GNN.com on the new chapter of the saga, Kingdom Hearts III. During the interview, Nomura made a clarification concerning the chances of rescuing Aqua from her - unconfirmed - status of vessel.

You can check below for the fully translated interview (thanks to @Protoplasm_png):Quote
Q: The Kingdom Hearts series had already reached its third main instalment, will Sora's story end here?

Nomura: Sora's story will not end here, however, story since the first instalment (KH1) that lasts throughout these 15 years, including the fight with Xehanort and the Whole Xehanort saga, will be wrapped up in KH3.

Q: Kingdom Hearts III had been in production for a very long time, may I know the reason behind it?

Nomura: There are two main reasons. After the production had begun for about a year, the officials requested a change of game engine, hence we have to start from scratch, that is one of the reasons. Another reason being there are some internal changes with the team working on the game, therefore we were unable to meet the original date of release for KH3.

Q: Towards the end of the new trailer, Aqua had appeared. Does that mean the other two characters from ‘Birth By Sleep’, Terra and Ventus, will make their appearance as well?

Nomura: Generally speaking, in KH3 most of the main characters from all previous instalments will make their appearance.

Q: In the trailer it appears that Aqua have signs of being affected by the darkness, why are fans so concerned about it?

Nomura: As of now we cannot reveal the reason why Aqua is now in that state. However, that does not mean there are no chances of rescuing her, for that part it depends on the hard work of the players.

Q: There are many mountings in the new trailer, will there be more in the game?

Nomura: In KH3, Sora have many special attacks, and the transports are one of them. It’s just like games with theme park setting, there will always have that element. The transports are mainly for ‘attacking’ and not ‘transporting’. Different worlds will have different transport, for example in ‘Toy Story’ world there are robots for the player to ride on. However, in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, the pirate ship’s sole function is just transporting the player.

Q: Until now a lot of Disney characters had showed up, will there be any appearance of new ‘Final Fantasy’ characters?

Nomura: About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer......
The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ requires special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game.

Q: ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Marvel’ are under Disney branding now, will the characters from those franchise appear in KH3?

Nomura: They are under Disney, but they are not Disney’s original work, therefore they will not make any appearance.

Q: Characters from ‘Frozen’ are announced in the recent trailer, what kind of role will they play?

Nomura: I believe that the appearance of ‘Frozen’ in KH3 had mad many fans happy as ‘Frozen’ is quite demanded among the fans. However, due to the popularity of ‘Frozen’, there are many factors/details which we have to take extra care of, the plot will be roughly the same compared to the movie as adding original KH elements into the ‘Frozen’ world would be difficult. We will be using the original world/story in ‘Frozen’, and add a little element from KH. Although we cannot (???)

Q: In KH3 how many original worlds will show up?

Nomura: There are two categories for original worlds, which are ‘those that players can go’ and ‘those that players cannot go’. In this trailer, the place where Axel (TN: it’s actually Lea...) and Kairi spoke is a place where the players cannot go/explore. For original worlds... There are places where it will only appear for a while... Actually, there are many that will be showing up. Seems like I cannot reveal too much now.

Q: In the trailer, ‘Wreck it Ralph’ is being shown as a summon, are there any chances of it having it’s own world?

Nomura: For the worlds that have not been revealed so far, I cannot provide a solid answer.

Q: In the previous games, the seven princesses that represents light have a big role in the plot. In this trailer, the ‘New Seven Hearts’ is being mentioned, but no gender is specified. Is it possible that there will be any male characters?

Nomura:...There isn’t. Because there are many factors to considerate, there are no males.
Do you agree on the possibility of saving Aqua from her new form, or do you belive she's going to fight along with Xehanort? Let us know in the comment section below!

Click here to view the article
Though, a confusing thing is that lots of people I've spoken to outside this site think, based on the trailer, that Kairi and Lea are gonna be in a relationship, which I think is far too silly. It's more the case of they've become friends and Kairi forgives him for his actions.

And after re-watching the trailers, I really like Kairi's new outfit.

And at least there are no Star Wars or Marvel in Kingdom Hearts 3. I didn't like the idea of both of them being in KH3 and as Nomura said, they're not Disney Originals, which he's right about.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/17/2018 at 03:49 AM.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2018   #800
Ergo
Default

I still don't get where your getting this "it's the end of Sora" aspect you keep posting about 0.o
I get what you say about Nomura always being a bit vague and confusing himself but those comments don't exactly establish a baseline for anyone dying/Sora not being the protagonist of the franchise anymore.

It's like saying the developers of call of duty have said their next game will be a shooter so ofc it's going to be an mmorpg.
__________________



Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2018   #801
Tashasaurous
Post

Ergo wrote: I still don't get where your getting this "it's the end of Sora" aspect you keep posting about 0.o
I get what you say about Nomura always being a bit vague and confusing himself but those comments don't exactly establish a baseline for anyone dying/Sora not being the protagonist of the franchise anymore.

It's like saying the developers of call of duty have said their next game will be a shooter so ofc it's going to be an mmorpg.
Well, lots of other people are making the similiar or the same conclusion anywhere I go when it comes to KH3.

Plus, given what Nomura says(and yes, you're absolutely right about him always bein vague and confusion) about the ending being hard to accept/swallow is a sign that, given the whole story being the darkest of all KH games, means that there will be permament deaths this time.

Not sure about what Eraqus's role will play since his heart is inside Terra's, but I can say that he's definitely a goner.

Not to mention, unless Organization XIII is tricking Sora into thinking they're going after new Seven Lights to distract and confuse him while they are actually going after the other Seven Princesses(including Kairi since she's one of the seven originals and I have a feeling she's pretty much a dead one by the end of the game even though I love her so much) to lower the Guardian's guard down, there are new Seven Princesses even though the current ones are still alive.

Especially since I don't think Agrabah's returning even though it should because of Aladdin and the King of Thieves(the final film of the Aladdin Trilogy) and that Jasmine is one of the original/current Princesses of Heart.

Never been a fan of Call of Duty, but I do know that they made Dirge of Cerberus a shooter's game but I still liked it none the less, even though they left that in a cliff-hanger because of the Secret Ending when it comes to Weiss's dead body and Genesis going off doing something else despite what the book said(I can't remember what it's called).
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2018   #802
ForceStealer
Default

JechtShotMK9 wrote: Minor pet peeve about BBS and 3D being called "spinoffs." They're spinoffs in the same way that Empire Strikes Back is a spinoff to A New Hope.

That is, if you skip it, you won't have a clue what the fuck is happening in Return of the Jedi. The handheld KH games aren't optional side content, they are essential, main stories in the series. KHIII will be totally incomprehensible to someone who hasn't played BBS, 3D, and, by the looks of it, CoM.
They're not numbered. Therefore, spinoffs. For your Star Wars comparison - Rogue One.
__________________


hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/19/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #803
Ryuman
Default

Square Enix have published a new Kingdom Hearts page on their Japanese website containing the series recap videos Nomura recently mentioned in interviews.

They are not several hours long as he had previously joked, however. There are 5 short recap videos (3-5 minutes each) focusing on different topics of the Kingdom Hearts story. Although, these are not summaries of each individual game in the series. Rather, they seem to be specific elements of the story that are relevant to Kingdom Hearts 3. For example, there is no attempt to recount Kingdom Hearts 2, Coded, or Chi. These are the absolute simplest bullet-points you can get for the story leading to Kingdom Hearts 3.

These videos will be included with Kingdom Hearts 3 and English versions are being worked on as well.
Ryuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Tashasaurous (06/19/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/19/2018), Theozilla (06/19/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #804
Dashell
Default

Hard scenes to watch... I really hope the organization doesn't die

I still wonder if somehow the universe will start over, but without Xehanort. Or something along those lines. Eh that probably doesn't make sense but it wouldn't surprise me

(or maybe Mickey's pants will get eaten this time )

Last edited by Dashell; 06/19/2018 at 03:53 AM.
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/19/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #805
Tashasaurous
Post

Ryuman wrote: Square Enix have published a new Kingdom Hearts page on their Japanese website containing the series recap videos Nomura recently mentioned in interviews.

They are not several hours long as he had previously joked, however. There are 5 short recap videos (3-5 minutes each) focusing on different topics of the Kingdom Hearts story. Although, these are not summaries of each individual game in the series. Rather, they seem to be specific elements of the story that are relevant to Kingdom Hearts 3. For example, there is no attempt to recount Kingdom Hearts 2, Coded, or Chi. These are the absolute simplest bullet-points you can get for the story leading to Kingdom Hearts 3.

These videos will be included with Kingdom Hearts 3 and English versions are being worked on as well.
This kind of sounds more like a written summary recap of the previous games as shown in Dream Drop Distance, only in movie form. Makes sense to those who don't want to go through all the trouble of having to play all of the previous games.

Dashell wrote: Hard scenes to watch... I really hope the organization doesn't die

I still wonder if somehow the universe will start over, but without Xehanort. Or something along those lines. Eh that probably doesn't make sense but it wouldn't surprise me

(or maybe Mickey's pants will get eaten this time )
The only ones I hope will be gone for good are Xehanort and Xigbar. Everyone else on both sides must stay alive, or we'll all go nuts.

Which reminds me, given that Even/Vexen's voice actor isn't returning for KH3, and that Even and Dilan were unstable during Dream Drop Distance, I'm wondering if that isn't the result of both of them being half-Xehanort's themselves and they'll be part of the new Organization XIII.

The only way for the entire universe to restart without Xehanort is to kill his past-self(Young Xehanort) which would change history completely. That is something I seriously don't want to happen either.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2018   #806
JechtShotMK9
Default

ForceStealer wrote:
JechtShotMK9 wrote: Minor pet peeve about BBS and 3D being called "spinoffs." They're spinoffs in the same way that Empire Strikes Back is a spinoff to A New Hope.

That is, if you skip it, you won't have a clue what the fuck is happening in Return of the Jedi. The handheld KH games aren't optional side content, they are essential, main stories in the series. KHIII will be totally incomprehensible to someone who hasn't played BBS, 3D, and, by the looks of it, CoM.
They're not numbered. Therefore, spinoffs. For your Star Wars comparison - Rogue One.
Jurassic World is not numbered, yet it isn't a spinoff. Neither is the new God of War, the new Dissidia, any of the new Tomb Raiders, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham City/Origins/Knight, Lightning Returns, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, etc., etc., etc., and those are just the things I have on my PS4 dashboard. Star Wars is a complete story without Rogue One. It is not without Empire, Clones, Sith, etc. KH is not a complete story without BBS, CoM, DDD. If you take any of them out, the story doesn't work. I'm willing to concede on Coded and maybe Days, depending on what they do with Xion. But BBS, DDD, and CoM are main series titles, and have always been considered such.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (06/20/2018), Theozilla (06/20/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #807
ForceStealer
Default

I mean...I would argue all of the other Jurassic movies are spinoffs, lol. And Lightning Returns has almost nothing to do with XIII. It's basically a new IP they were too cowardly/lazy/cash-strapped to slap new characters in.

But fine, I'll concede. "Always considered as such" by the KH fanbase perhaps. But to the wider/more casual audience, the non-numbered entries that came out on a bunch of other little handheld platforms (<this is probably the more salient point than the numbers) are usually regarded as spinoffs.
__________________


hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (06/19/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #808
JechtShotMK9
Default

ForceStealer wrote: I mean...I would argue all of the other Jurassic movies are spinoffs, lol. And Lightning Returns has almost nothing to do with XIII. It's basically a new IP they were too cowardly/lazy/cash-strapped to slap new characters in.

But fine, I'll concede. "Always considered as such" by the KH fanbase perhaps. But to the wider/more casual audience, the non-numbered entries that came out on a bunch of other little handheld platforms (<this is probably the more salient point than the numbers) are usually regarded as spinoffs.
Well, I put more importance on what Nomura says than the casual fan,

"Nomura: Birth by Sleep will be a very important game that collects everything about the series into one story. With the three main characters, the story is as big as one of the numbered Final Fantasies. We put in a lot of connections to it in Days, and I think that a lot of questions and unknowns from the previous game will be answered in Birth by Sleep. Also, there will be quite a few original characters from previous making an appearance."

"Nomura: Who knows? I already have ideas for the next installment. But since Birth by Sleep isn't even out yet, I don't have to think about it until awhile from now. Recently everyone kepts asking me when I'm planning on coming out with KH3. Even though I'm currently busy with Final Fantasy versus XIII, I'm also thinking that it's almost time to start thinking about it seriously. Though it's entirely possible that the next game in the series won't be KH3.

-- So what will it be?

Nomura: I can't say that quite yet, but it will be more "offical" than a side story. I actually told the producer this recently, and he said "...what?" It's the mystery KH. (laugh) Of course, I am also thinking about KH3."

The second one ended up referring to DDD.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Ultimania-Interview-886


Not to belabor the point, I just happened to find that as you replied.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (06/20/2018), Theozilla (06/20/2018)
Old 06/20/2018   #809
Tashasaurous
Post

Well, just because certain titles of certain franchises don't have the sequel numbers doesn't necessarily mean they're all not sequels at all.

Pirates of the Caribbean is the good example and the only time they do have numbers is if you look on the side of the DVD/Bluray case, but neither of the later films are spin-offs.

Plus the other un-numbered games of KH are what I call them Side-Stories within the same Universe that are strongly connected to the Main-Stories.

While on the subject, if KH4 is to come out with Sora in it, do you guys think they'll release it for the first game's 20th Anniversary in 2022 which is in four years time?
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2018   #810
Tashasaurous
Post

I'm really sorry for my behavior, guys. I'm really am. I'll try and do better next time, and if I forget, you can tell me.


Edit: 25/6/2018-Not to get everyone's hopes up, but there's another rumor that KH3 could make another appearence at next month's Japan Expo event with new trailers.

Click here to view the article

Though to be fair, since it is from an Italian Press Magazine, so I'm not sure if this is true, and I'm not expecting anything until September since we saw alot already.

Multiplayer.it, an Italian press magazine about videogames, had the chance to interview Tetsuya Nomura,
Just thought I'd share this new/recycled info.

Last edited by Tashasaurous; 06/25/2018 at 04:27 AM.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/22/2018)
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.