The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive

TLS Archive Wherein we find the best threads of TLS' history, plus old stuff that isn't being used anymore.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11/11/2016   #331
Tennyo
Default

I have nothing to add after X's glorious post besides this:

__________________
Tennyo is offline  
Thanked by 8:
AvecAloes (11/11/2016), Chloe Frazer (11/11/2016), Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), Dashell (11/11/2016), Mr. Ite (11/11/2016), Tetsujin (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #332
AvecAloes
Default

Tbh, they both look ridiculously dissatisfied in this picture
__________________
IT CALLS TO ALL
AvecAloes is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #333
Cat Rage Room
Default

Apparently Trump was like that all day. He apparently got a huge info dump during his visit to the White House that's making him more and more aware that this shit ain't a game.
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 6:
Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), Mr. Ite (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), Trainer Red (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #334
Tetsujin
Default

YouTube Video
Tetsujin is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), Kuroto (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #335
AvecAloes
Default

Has he seen how much every single president before him has aged over the span of just a few years?!
__________________
IT CALLS TO ALL
AvecAloes is offline  
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #336
Cat Rage Room
Default

AvecAloes wrote: Has he seen how much every single president before him has aged over the span of just a few years?!
While I don't think he actually believes a lot of the shit that came out of his mouth for the past year, for other reasons, Donald Trump is a piece of shit as a person.

However, if

And this is a pretty big if here...

...If, Donald Trump sees the weight of the entire free world on his shoulders and actually mans the fuck up and tries to do a good job, and by extension, try to be a better person, that would be good. He wouldn't be person of the year or some shit like that, but if this gives him some humility, that would be good.
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 6:
AvecAloes (11/11/2016), Dashell (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), Trainer Red (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #337
Random Nobody
Default

Fascination wrote:
...If, Donald Trump sees the weight of the entire free world on his shoulders and actually mans the fuck up and tries to do a good job, and by extension, try to be a better person, that would be good. He wouldn't be person of the year or some shit like that, but if this gives him some humility, that would be good.
Random Nobody is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Mr. Ite (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), Trainer Red (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #338
ForceStealer
Default

I've often wondered if that "infodump" is a major reason behind many candidates' failure to deliver on campaign promises.
__________________


hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Mr. Ite (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #339
Cat Rage Room
Default

Random Nobody wrote:
Fascination wrote:
...If, Donald Trump sees the weight of the entire free world on his shoulders and actually mans the fuck up and tries to do a good job, and by extension, try to be a better person, that would be good. He wouldn't be person of the year or some shit like that, but if this gives him some humility, that would be good.
No, but it's possible.

I'm not COUNTING ON THIS SHIT mind you, but like I said, Trump had this real solemn look on his face all day today after his visit to the White House. Something shook him, and maybe he'll attempt to take the shit seriously.

I've often wondered if that "infodump" is a major reason behind many candidates' failure to deliver on campaign promises.
I'd say majorly so, or rather a big contributor to it. Every level in an organization/collective/civilization above 'regular ass civilian' gives you a ton of information and with it, a sense of perspective that you ever can't take back.

Hell, even since joining the military I've seen and found out things that make me feel real fucking stupid for seeing things a certain way before I joined.
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 6:
AvecAloes (11/11/2016), ForceStealer (11/11/2016), lithiumkatana17 (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #340
Cat Rage Room
Default

Oh, to clarify, I am in no way saying that being in the military is 'above' being a civilian, I just used that as an example of any profession or position that gives you a wealth of perspective and information that you wouldn't have otherwise.
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 3:
lithiumkatana17 (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #341
Unit-01
Default

YouTube Video
Unit-01 is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Dashell (11/11/2016), Tennyo (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #342
Ghost X
Default

Trump's rise -- at its root -- is a result of corruption of the system. Being distracted by products of that system, like bigotry, will not fix the system, which will only lead to far worse things (worse forms of bigotry, for instance ). Not saying we should drop the attacks on bigotry all together, one can work on both issues, but we must concentrate on fixing the corrupt system. I even see corruption now as a greater threat to humanity than climate change. Imminent nuclear war could be an effect of this corruption.

The USA isn't the only country the far-right is rising in, so one simply can't argue USA-centric issues are to blame, when the common denominator is a Neoliberal mediatised political system, which serves power-hungry plutocrats. The solution? A legislated wall of separation between moneyed interests and the government and media (as in, they must all be divided from each other). It'll encourage the government and media to serve the people's interests, providing a good education system (leading to critical thought as opposed to monological conspiratorial thought), and with a functioning fourth estate in place, an informed public and power being held to account will result.
__________________
Winner is me!
2018

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (11/11/2016), Lex (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #343
Cat Rage Room
Default

Ghost X wrote: Trump's rise -- at its root -- is a result of corruption of the system. Being distracted by products of that system, like bigotry, will not fix the system, which will only lead to far worse things (worse forms of bigotry, for instance ). Not saying we should drop the attacks on bigotry all together, one can work on both issues, but we must concentrate on fixing the corrupt system. I even see corruption now as a greater threat to humanity than climate change. Imminent nuclear war could be an effect of this corruption.

The USA isn't the only country the far-right is rising in, so one simply can't argue USA-centric issues are to blame, when the common denominator is a Neoliberal mediatised political system, which serves power-hungry plutocrats. The solution? A legislated wall of separation between moneyed interests and the government and media (as in, they must all be divided from each other). It'll encourage the government and media to serve the people's interests, providing a good education system (leading to critical thought as opposed to monological conspiratorial thought), and with a functioning fourth estate in place, an informed public and power being held to account will result.

This is true.

Sometimes it's also far simpler; for example, Trump appealed to the working class demographic, and Clinton didn't, almost at all, it seemed.

As I mentioned before, I'm from a Rust Belt state; the demographic of out of work blue collar frustrated with being jobless and broke is real. Clinton lost all of the Rust Belt.
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (11/11/2016), Ghost X (11/11/2016), null (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
Old 11/11/2016   #344
Random Nobody
Default

Fascination wrote: maybe he'll attempt to take the shit seriously.
This would honestly be the worst possible outcome, but seeing as how we already live on darkest timeline Htrae, I'm sure that will be the case.

Best case scenario would be four years of crude, kleptocratic self-enrichment scams for himself, his family, and his federal supporters, then getting out as swiftly as possible before someone yanks the unstable Jenga block.
Random Nobody is offline  
Old 11/11/2016   #345
Cat Rage Room
Default

So Trump not taking the job seriously and at least trying to do what's best for America and instead letting Mike "electrocute the gays" Pence enact policy would be the best case scenario?

What?
Cat Rage Room is offline  
Thanked by 4:
AvecAloes (11/11/2016), Chloe Frazer (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/11/2016), X-SOLDIER (11/11/2016)
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.