The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 03/09/2017   #91
Strangelove

Tashasaurous wrote: I don't want to sound horrible here, but I think it's best not to get the PS4 version since you've played the PS3 versions of the game already.
i only played the first ps3 one, the rest of the games i played on their original consoles years ago when they first came out. if i had played or even just owned the ps3 version of 2.5 i probably wouldn't be that anxious to get this until it was cheap (i probably won't get it for a while anyway since i can't afford to get it on day one so i might end up getting it cheap in the end either way). i just like the idea of getting the final mix releases in japanese (which i don't have for kh2 or bbs right now) and having everything on one disc. i use my ps4 more than my ps3 lately, and my ps2 and psp are in cupboards now
Old 03/09/2017   #92
Tashasaurous
Strangelove wrote:
Tashasaurous wrote: I don't want to sound horrible here, but I think it's best not to get the PS4 version since you've played the PS3 versions of the game already.
i only played the first ps3 one, the rest of the games i played on their original consoles years ago when they first came out. if i had played or even just owned the ps3 version of 2.5 i probably wouldn't be that anxious to get this until it was cheap (i probably won't get it for a while anyway since i can't afford to get it on day one so i might end up getting it cheap in the end either way). i just like the idea of getting the final mix releases in japanese (which i don't have for kh2 or bbs right now) and having everything on one disc. i use my ps4 more than my ps3 lately, and my ps2 and psp are in cupboards now
Fair enough. I still have my PS2 versions of the previous games as well as PSP version of BBS.

Though I'd like to get hear the characters voices in english myself, since I'm more fussy that way. I like to understand them as well as read the text of what they're saying at the same time.

Hearing them in Japanese voices doesn't suit me at all.

But everyone has different tastes.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2017   #93
JechtShotMK9

What resources are being "wasted?"

Seriously. Tell me. You are the all-knowing witness of all things behind-the-scenes of Kingdom Hearts, so please, enlighten all of us unlearned plebeians. What exactly do you "know?"
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cloud_S (03/10/2017), Dashell (03/11/2017)
Old 03/11/2017   #94
Dashell

YouTube Video

So at first when I watched this video, I laughed but... the more I think about it the more annoyed I am.

I mean I know this will probably get a reply of, "Geeze, just be happy it's at 60 FPS and the load times are fixed!" but... honestly... it just bugs me.

They obviously don't test anything. This bug is clearly because the game is running at 60 FPS and certain things were tied to the frame rates. They replaced a buggy port to the PS3 with... another buggy port. In fact, this one probably has MORE bugs just less load times. Apparently the tornadoes in BBS in the Keyblade Graveyard are also effected by this.

I mean what did Square even DO for this port? Obviously they had to fix the physics for the game to run at 60 FPS but other than that... that's it. And, no, they did not "fix" the load times... it's cause the game is running on the PS4. And I know they "could" patch it.. but they won't. I'm sure they won't, why would they? They don't care. I still can't believe the Xemnas RC glitch is STILL not fixed.

We, the fans, deserve working port. Not just a pretty port. Not just a smooth port. Not just a port with less load times but one that WORKS and plays like the game is SUPPOSED to play.

It's just really disheartening that they just really don't give a shit

Seriously, how did DDD end up being the best Kingdom Hearts to PS4 port?
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Teioh (03/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (03/11/2017)
Old 03/11/2017   #95
Tetsujin

Yeah, unfortunately that often seems to be the case for a lot of remasters/ports/collections. Even the better ones still end up having some kind of new bug or issue that wasn't there before. =/
Except maybe the God of War collections, not sure if they ever had any issues.

The fact that bugs from the PS3 version are still there is annoying. They had years to fix that shit!
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dashell (03/11/2017), Shademp (03/12/2017), Teioh (03/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (03/11/2017)
Old 03/11/2017   #96
Strangelove

maybe they will zone of the enders 2 this and get someone to rewrite the code

(was it hexadrive who fixed zoe 2? i am playing type 0 hd and beyond the camera being jittery at times it's a good port, though even that had to patch some stuff like the excessive motion blur when moving the camera)

who was responsible for the kh ports?

also what is the xemnas rc glitch?

and did they ever fix ffx's random number generator problem on the PS4?
Dashell (03/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (03/11/2017)
Old 03/11/2017   #97
Tetsujin

Strangelove wrote: (was it hexadrive who fixed zoe 2?
Yep

who was responsible for the kh ports?
Not entirely sure but I think it was mostly done internally?

also what is the xemnas rc glitch?
There's an attack you need to dodge with reaction commands in the final battle and apparently it doesn't really work in the HD version so you get hit all the time.

and did they ever fix ffx's random number generator problem on the PS4?

Yep!
Thanked by 2:
Dashell (03/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (03/11/2017)
Old 03/12/2017   #98
Tetsujin

Observations and issues so far

Most of the stuff from that list seems to be related to specific speedrunner techniques that seem to be thrown off due to slightly different physics. I don't think the normal crowd would ever notice.

Something like the save crash bug, Sephiroth's meteors moving twice as fast, missing sound effects or the KH2 final battle reaction command glitch (which was in the PS3 version as well) should really be fixed though.

I want this to be the definitive version, not a tradeoff.

Last edited by Tetsujin; 03/12/2017 at 02:23 AM.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/12/2017)
Old 03/12/2017   #99
Dashell

-Vexen Data is fucked now. Anti Sora spawns immediately due to the Data bar getting filled too fast and during the opening scene.
YouTube Video

THIS BATTLE WAS ALREADY A GOD DAMN FUCKING NIGHTMARE D:

-Axel you cannot Blizzaga finisher him past Revenge Value anymore, he goes into wall...physics problem prob
Aww shit, this was the only really easy way to do this battle

-Vexen cannot be DM skipped now, due to Anti Sora garbage, his data bar maxes to 5 in like 10s or less of being on you, super fail
God dammit, that just sucks... I've skipped his DM before... granted on accident but it makes the fight a lot easier.

-Simba Crash still exists
I still don't know what this is

-According to Mist, 100 Acre Woods is a bit messed up now in certain ways idk about yet
Yeah I heard the swing mini game is almost impossible now...

Jesus fucking Christ I don't know if I even want this anymore
Thanked by:
Old 03/12/2017   #100
Tashasaurous
Maybe Square Enix should change their name to SUCK ENIX since the only fixed up a few things and then just port the previous games to another console.

Companies just don't do things right anymore, it seems.
Old 03/12/2017   #101
Dashell

Thats the thing, they didn't "fix" ANYTHING. They broke more stuff... how do you even do that?
Thanked by:
Old 03/12/2017   #102
Tashasaurous
Dashell wrote: Thats the thing, they didn't "fix" ANYTHING. They broke more stuff... how do you even do that?
Unfortunate ability to break things by mistake, possibly. My Uncle-Once-Removed has, as my mother would put it, a "broken finger" that easily breaks vaccum cleaners, while my second aunt easily breaks IOS and Tablets(computer ones, not pills) without even trying and has to replace hers most of the time.

Don't ask me how or why I know this...it just happens. I'm admittedly clumsy but at least I don't constantly break stuff.

Or put it this way, maybe they don't realise the problem in games and once they got rid of the loading thingmagig, they decided, "Oh yeah, this is good enough. Let's port it right now." not really paying attention.
Old 03/12/2017   #103
Dashell

That's careless though. I mean yeah I'm sure they didn't break all those things on purpose but they need to have testers to... you know.. TEST the game. We all know what happens when there's not enough testers... I'm looking at you, Sonic Boom
Thanked by:
Old 03/12/2017   #104
Tetsujin

These things are almost never due to a game not being properly tested. The testers can only record the issues, whether they'll get fixed is another issue dependent on budget and time and how high/low priority these things are being considered.

Last edited by Tetsujin; 03/12/2017 at 02:57 PM.
Thanked by 3:
Dashell (03/12/2017), Shademp (03/12/2017), The Twilight Mexican (03/12/2017)
Old 03/12/2017   #105
Dashell

Further proving they don't give a shit

EDIT
and... seriously a big fuck off to the idiots defending this shit. No the game crashing while saving isn't a minor issue that casual gamers won't notice... I'm pretty sure they're going to notice that.

Last edited by Dashell; 03/12/2017 at 08:29 PM.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/14/2017)