The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 12/05/2017   #2611
Chloe Frazer

That thread title needs a serious update.
Old 12/05/2017   #2612
Cthulhu

Fixxed to something simple.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Channy (12/07/2017), Shademp (12/05/2017)
Old 12/28/2017   #2613
Shademp

Incorrect GoT quotes remain gold material
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Channy (12/28/2017), Teioh (12/29/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/29/2017)
Old 01/22/2018   #2614
lithiumkatana17

YouTube Video

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2018   #2615
Shademp

- GoT x Disney

It becomes increasingly difficult to tell who is who, but some choices look really clever!
Thanked by 3:
Channy (01/29/2018), Cthulhu (01/29/2018), X-SOLDIER (01/29/2018)
Old 04/19/2018   #2616
Shademp

YouTube Video
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (04/19/2018)
Old 07/07/2018   #2617
Cthulhu

GoT filming finishes - forever. (spoilers / possible spoilers / S8 hints in there based on set locations, tweets, etc). I can't actually view the site, I think it's gotten the hug of death, but the gist is probably in the title; season 8 will be the last season of GoT. There's going to be a spinoff but I'm sure it won't be nearly as big as GoT is / was.

Also I'm really curious how the series and books will be different in the end. I felt like last season was too 'neat', in a lot of ways - everything ends up being pretty good / happy / positive / closing / predictable / etc.
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (07/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/09/2018)
Old 07/08/2018   #2618
Ami

And now for the inevitable wait for next year.

I'll be honest, I've barely acknowledged we haven't had a season this year. I guess now would be a good time to actually read the books instead of contemplating like I've done every single year.

Discord | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch | Twitter | Vine | YouTube
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2018   #2619
Lex

One of the things I'm fairly interested in is what book fans are going to do. One of the biggest questions of the series' end is going to be answered: who ends up on the iron throne? We already know that GRRM told the producers the answer to this question years ago, and while it's also true the show massively deviates from the book series, I'm not sure they'll deviate on that particular plot point. I could easily be wrong about that but still.

There are legions of ASOIAF fans who swore off the show early on altogether, and even more who'll only watch up to the point that's already been written. I guess my question is... how are they going to manage to avoid spoiling major end plot beats like who ends up on the iron throne once this final season is complete?

@Yop I agree about everything being too "neat" in S7, but I think that's an effect of concluding various arcs aswell. S7 contained shit that was barely a hint of an idea in S1, and the characters and plot when through a lot of pain to get there, so I'd say it feels earned. But there was something un-game of thronesey about S7. The only major "oh no" moment I really remember having was (SPOILER) the bit where the Lannister army were missing then showed up at Highgarden, the rest of the "shock" moments were very "good shock".

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (07/09/2018)
Old 07/08/2018   #2620
Addy Carver

I was pretty bummed out about (SPOILER) Viserion (was it Viserion? I was struggling to make out whether it was him or Rhaegal cos of white everywhere and them usually being in the distance) getting killed by the Winter King and resurrected to destroy the wall.

My mom just started the books, she's enjoying the depth of detail and the differences between the books and TV show.
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (07/09/2018)
Old 07/09/2018   #2621
Cthulhu

Lex wrote: One of the biggest questions of the series' end is going to be answered: who ends up on the iron throne?
Well by now everyone's had a go, . I think that in the end it'll remain unanswered; either there's a bad ending where the Lich King just takes over, or an ending where he's defeated in the end but at great cost, and whoever survives in the end has more important things to worry about than who sits on a throne.

Pre-production leaks There have also been images and whatnot from the set of the throne city, forgot the name, where a lot was screened off by green screens, suggesting it might be destroyed largely. I mean they already took out the church, if they take out the Red Keep too there won't be much of a city left, let alone a throne.

I still wish they would've taken it a bit slower last season though, I mean (SPOILER) capturing part of the continent is a slog they could spend multiple episodes / a whole book on. Actually the books spread wars out over multiple books. I'm afraid it's all too rushed, and I do hope the books make up for it. If they ever come out off course.
Thanked by 2:
Ergo (07/09/2018), Lex (07/09/2018)