The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 02/16/2016   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default The Predator

It looks like Shane Black and Fred Dekker's script for a new Predator film is gonna happen. Here's to hoping that it manages to do well and we get something properly good out of it. If anything, I think that the fact that Predators did fairly well, and Deadpool's currently doing fantastically is giving Fox a lot of confidence in potentially Rated-R properties without shying away and forcing them into PG-13 land.

Via: http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-new-pred...ing-1759282502

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Channy (02/16/2016), Dark and Divine (02/16/2016), Flare (02/16/2016), Howl (02/16/2016), Interslicery (02/16/2016), Literally Who? (02/16/2016), Russell (05/11/2018), Super Mario (02/16/2016), The Mad King (02/16/2016), The Twilight Mexican (02/16/2016)
Old 02/16/2016   #2
Literally Who?

Really happy and excited to see Fred making a come back.

And with Predator AND teaming up with Shane no less. This is looking to be really good.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Interslicery (02/16/2016), The Twilight Mexican (02/16/2016), X-SOLDIER (02/16/2016)
Old 02/16/2016   #3
Super Mario

afk

YAHOO!

Last edited by Super Mario; 04/24/2016 at 12:42 AM.
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2016   #4
X-SOLDIER

Looks like it's slated for March 2nd, 2018.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (02/28/2016), Literally Who? (02/28/2016), The Twilight Mexican (02/28/2016)
Old 02/28/2016   #5
Blade

We need more movies and games that play with the idea of Thermal Imaging and Stealth Camouflage.

Metal Gear does it.... just barely, but seriously, that stuff is fun.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/28/2016), X-SOLDIER (02/29/2016)
Old 05/10/2018   #6
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Solid for a teaser trailer. The hybridization line makes me both curious and a tiny bit nervous, but we'll see.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 5:
Dark and Divine (05/10/2018), Happy Little Lemon (05/11/2018), Russell (05/11/2018), SeaDragon (05/10/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/10/2018)
Old 05/10/2018   #7
Cthulhu

The fuck is this shit? What's the matter, the CIA got you pushing too many pencils?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Russell (05/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/10/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #8
Literally Who?

X-SOLDIER wrote:
YouTube Video

Solid for a teaser trailer. The hybridization line makes me both curious and a tiny bit nervous, but we'll see.

X
That and the "Upgrade" bit. I'm hoping she just means they adapt and integrate tech from other planets into their weaponry. If so that's pretty in line with them being collectors and stuff.

I can't really think of a reasonable alternative to what else that could mean, aside from really cheesy stuff that wouldn't make sense

Cant wait for a full trailer.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Russell (05/11/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)
Old 06/10/2018   #9
X-SOLDIER

This is a TV Spot that was shown recently, but I think it works well as a trailer. Better than the previous one imo.

YouTube Video

Looks like they're maintaining the caste system that was introduced in Predators, as well as the hell-hounds that they used for tracking their prey. It'll be interesting to see how that all comes together, since I quite enjoyed Predators overall, and it'll be interesting to see how the lore from that collides with something like a more standard Predator film with this one.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (06/10/2018), Literally Who? (06/10/2018), Russell (06/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/10/2018)
Old 06/26/2018   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

THIS is the trailer that I was waiting for.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (06/26/2018), Russell (06/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/29/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #11
Cthulhu

Too many humans, too few ones dying, annnd no COME OON! DO EET! DO EET NAOOO!
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Russell (06/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)