The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 06/14/2016   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default (New) God of War

YouTube Video

Super different, but it looks really, REALLY cool.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Cthulhu (06/14/2016), Dark and Divine (06/14/2016), Ghost X (06/14/2016), Lex (06/14/2016), Shademp (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #2
Tetsujin

Yeah, didn't care about Ascension because I was feeling GoW fatigue but this is making things fresh again. Surprised it is the same Kratos though. Thought it would be a complete reboot or something.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #3
Ghost X

Pretty sure that giant / troll thing said "Valhalla". There seemed to be (possibly bastardised) runes all over the place too. The makers of the original games were planning to have Kratos visit other myths, so maybe they're taking that path. Though, was that Mount Olympus at the end? What's a dragon doing there too? I'm liking what I'm seeing anyway.

Lol at the boy shooting Kratos .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #4
Shademp

Very promising trailer. Seeing Kratos as a father and not just as a raging maniac is a welcome change.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
ForceStealer (06/14/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #5
Ghost X

The Norse Mythology angle was pretty much confirmed in a leak two months ago apparently . It seems some people want a new character to play rather than Kratos, but I'm sure a well-written story will do this justice.

I'm sure someone will take issue with it being culturally inappropriate for a Greek god (demigod?... forgot) to shit all over Norse gods (perhaps even literally? You neeever know ), given that many still believe in various denominations of Odinism (a segment of which are white supremacists... awkward). Look forward to the games where he takes on Jesus and Muhammad though . J/K. I think it'd be more appropriate to go after earlier myths of the middle eastern region, which were amalgamated into the "monotheistic" Abrahamic god(s). Or... Kratos takes on the Indigenous Australian Dreaming creation gods, etc. You name it, really. Will be interesting to see, if they continue in this way, what they deem to be "safe" myths to write about.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Thanked by 3:
Lex (06/15/2016), Shademp (06/14/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #6
Interslicery

Not sure how the over the shoulder cameras gonna effect things, it doesn't feel gow at all to me, but we'll see

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #7
ForceStealer

Ghost X wrote: Look forward to the games where he takes on Jesus and Muhammad though . J/K. I think it'd be more appropriate to go after earlier myths of the middle eastern region, which were amalgamated into the "monotheistic" Abrahamic god(s).
Sort of the basic idea of that Dante's Inferno game. "God of War with Christian mythology," which was a sweet idea, unfortunately the rest of the game was stupid.

I always had a similar problem with God of War, though. The Greek mythology angle was a cool one, but Kratos was just so thoroughly unlikable I could never get into it. (DOES. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. NEED TO BE SAID. WITH A GUTTURAL ROAR?!)

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Channy (06/15/2016), Chloe Frazer (06/16/2016), Ghost X (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #8
Tetsujin

^It seems like they're gonna address that.

There was this moment where he shouted at his son, then stopped midway, took a breath and continued in a calm voice.

Looks like he might have taken some anger management lessons.

Shouty Kratos definitely was a flanderization after the first game though.

I hope we'll see a changed Kratos. Less psycho, more relatable. Would be interesting.
Thanked by 5:
Dark and Divine (06/14/2016), Ghost X (06/15/2016), Lex (06/15/2016), Shademp (06/14/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #9
X-SOLDIER

Also, did you notice his anger indicator in the top left during that scene and how it mellows out? Super rad. I'm interested in seeing the way things progress and seeing how much has changed.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (06/15/2016), Lex (06/15/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #10
Cthulhu

Mixed feelings. On the one side, w00t God of War. On the other, I was kinda hoping for a full reboot, i.e. a new lead character. I prefer origin stories over part X in a series.

Shademp wrote: Very promising trailer. Seeing Kratos as a father and not just as a raging maniac is a welcome change.
No u, Kratos being a raging maniac was half the awesome of the previous games, . Part of me is hoping this trailer just gives a false sense of mellowness, the kid dies, and Kratos goes "The Gods of Asgard have abandoned me" and vows to destroy them all. ALL. MURDER AND VIOLENCE, RAGE, RAAGE, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm okay
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/14/2016)
Old 06/14/2016   #11
Tetsujin

Some more info and stuff.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...0cc3bc5f000022

Looks like Kratos' son will be with him at all times:
While you assume complete control of Kratos, you also passively control his son throughout the entire game
Thanked by 5:
Cthulhu (06/15/2016), Dark and Divine (06/15/2016), Ghost X (06/15/2016), Shademp (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2016)
Old 06/15/2016   #12
Tetsujin

Also, apparently Christopher Judge (aka Teal'C from Stargate SG-1) is the new voice of Kratos.
Thanked by 5:
Cthulhu (06/15/2016), Dark and Divine (06/15/2016), Ghost X (06/15/2016), Shademp (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2016)
Old 06/15/2016   #13
Ghost X

Yop uses Kratos to vent? It (maybe) is known?

Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2016)
Old 06/15/2016   #14
Lex

Something Yop has always said is that he enjoys GoW for it's ability to allow him to express his masculine rage (in different words of course, this is Yop we're talking about). But yeah genuinely think you're right Ghost

So I came to this thread to say: even if you're not a GoW fan (I'm a bit of a fan, I always enjoyed the gameplay at least), I don't think anybody can deny the utterly genius move by Sony to open the show with the live orchestra playing the song, and the music throughout the trailer. I say this because I'm still thinking about it, and I've now rewatched the whole pre-opening and opening segment twice. That's good marketing XD.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Ami (06/15/2016), Cthulhu (06/15/2016), Ghost X (06/15/2016), Shademp (06/15/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2016)
Old 06/15/2016   #15
Tetsujin

So there's a mysterious hooded figure watching Kratos that I didn't even notice...

Thanked by 2:
Lex (06/18/2016), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2016)