The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 06/19/2012   #181
Cthulhu

tbh, I think being involved in the past drama is a moot point and completely irrelevant to a moderator elections. To be honest, I really wished this discussion about adding / fiddling in staff was held at a later date, instead of being a direct consequence (in my experience) of the previous bout of drama.

Similarly, and this is a personal statement btw, not 'from staff' or 'my position as big boss man', but I have no problem with putting oneself forward, as long as one realizes that they may not get a lot of support (simply because if you get nominated by someone else or multiple people you already have support).

Second, I realize that this does indeed make moderator elections look more like popularity contests. However, I feel that elections are still the most favorable out of the alternatives; we as staff could pick out a new mod or two, but then it'd be a "the club decides who gets in"-kinda thing, if that makes any sense - elitist, and also a kind of popularity contest, but then primarily within the existing staff team. It caused a split on a certain previous forum a lot of our current members were also part of, and I want to prevent that - or stop it in its tracks, even.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Celes Chere (06/19/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Dana Scully (06/19/2012), Dawnbreaker (06/20/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Octo (06/19/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012), Tifabelle (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #182
Rumpelstiltskin

tbh, I think being involved in the past drama is a moot point and completely irrelevant to a moderator elections.

L for admin!!!
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
CK (06/19/2012), Dawnbreaker (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #183
CK

Arianna wrote: Friends are given lee-way, while non-friends and strangers are seemingly considered expendable.
This is bullshit. I've received like 4 warnings/infractions in the past two weeks one from someone i'm very good friends with.

Au milieu de mes semblables
Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Celes Chere (06/19/2012), Cookie Monster (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/19/2012), Max Payne (06/19/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #184
Max Payne

Cthulhu wrote: tbh, I think being involved in the past drama is a moot point and completely irrelevant to a moderator elections. To be honest, I really wished this discussion about adding / fiddling in staff was held at a later date, instead of being a direct consequence (in my experience) of the previous bout of drama
well maybe postponing it until next month would be a prudent course of action

the board isn't in immediate danger of imploding anymore and everyone should cool off by then
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (06/19/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Dawnbreaker (06/20/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #185
Cookie Monster

I suggested adding people to staff when MOG left. I think we've been in need of another staff member for awhile now. At this point, I think it's pretty irrelevant if it occurs after a bout of drama or not. It's not like the number of staff members had anything to do with what happened recently.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
CK (06/19/2012), Flintlock (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #186
Dawnbreaker

You just loss Force, Tenny left and Mog's been gone for a while. You need the staff, but I agree it's not like you need them NAO. Might give everyone an opportunity to review their mod choices with a cooler head. Plus, I'd like to get to know everyone's attitudes and actions before I make a choice.

That said, for me, I'm comfortable either way.

"I'll make you happy," said Life, "But first, I'll make you strong."

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Dawnbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012   #187
The Pyro

God of Mischief wrote: That said, for me, I'm comfortable either way.

Yeah, I got more to brag about than ever...
The Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Dawnbreaker (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #188
Splintered

I'm going to take a second here to say, I didn't pick Brooke and Dacon because they were waikawaiidesu and we were bffs. Because I don't really talk to either of them, and generally I'm a lot closer to other members of the forums.

I chose them because I legitimately think they are the best options. I do think there are tons of people with the right stuff to be mods, Arianna included, but I could throw out names to a sea of potential all day, if I had to narrow it down and expressly say who, it's those two.

I like Dacon because I honestly think he cares about the community. Not just the forums but the people around here- I'll be honest I feel incredibly uncomfortable when people relate to forums as mostly like a business with coworkers. He's a constant presence and I always see him streaming movies or games for people around here.

Oh and I think he calls people out on their shit, not just strangers, but I think he would do the same with his friends and other staff. Doing that sucks balls, and I knew I have difficulty doing it. I think it's important. And do it in a way that's not aggressively attacking, yeah sometimes it comes off as short and rude. But imo, I thought it wasn't- it was just that it was direct, to the point, and made solid moves to find a way to resolve the issue instead of just trying to argue all the time. I think the majority of drama in ANY forum comes from people just not being straight with each other, they go off into their corners and complain to their friends/other staff, and it blows up.

I thought Brooke because I honestly think she's one of the most open, friendly people I've seen. I'll admit, I've only really interacted with her like, once in my memory. But she was genuinely helpful and nice. She took her time to do things like Secret Santa which tells me she's interested in doing things for other people and helping them have fun. Because running these contests and forum games aren't fun and they can be frustrating. And she's a mediator that everyone can get along with. And yeah sometimes you need the "nice helpful" mod, especially with newer members who don't feel comfortable right away.

There are a good number of members who are nice/run contests/run streams/participate in forum activities/straight to the point. But these are the ones that come to mind. I don't want to be halfhazard with this modshit simply because I know there are a lot of people who, if they are believe they are going to be mod and then never get it- it can really bother them. So it's not just about popularity and ~who deserves it the best. It's about who can do a good job.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Celes Chere (06/20/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), Dana Scully (06/20/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/20/2012), Max Payne (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/20/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012), Vivi (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #189
stiles

okay for the good of the forum i will be the next moderator. choose me plz i will restore balance

"It's not the net worth of one's life that's important. It is the day to day concerns, the
personal victories, and the celebration of life... and love!" Terra Branford

stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012   #190
looneymoon

Katniss wrote: okay for the good of the forum i will be the next moderator. choose me plz i will restore balance
jennifer lawrence is that you

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Celes Chere (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #191
stiles

yes pick me i will kill the bad man

"It's not the net worth of one's life that's important. It is the day to day concerns, the

Old 06/20/2012   #192
stiles

omg this drama is like the best soap opera is their a collection of thread links anywhere for me to read???

Old 06/20/2012   #193
stiles

im on your team claire redfield!

Old 06/20/2012   #194
Madame Mayor

Brb crying because <3
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (06/20/2012), CK (06/20/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #195
stiles

Madame Mayor wrote: Brb crying because <3
i need to know if you're going to vote for me or not okay plz comment