The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/12/2012   #1
Cookie Monster
Default New Staff Member Possibilities

All suggestions and discussion should be posted here. Have at at it.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #2
Rumpelstiltskin
Default

Brooke
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 11:
Alessa Gillespie (06/12/2012), Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/12/2012), Dana Scully (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012), Tifabelle (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #3
Fangu
Default

Now in bold!
Fangu wrote: As for new mods, I'm very much in favor for that. I was in IRC with Yop and Ryu and I suggested Omega and Brooke, but I see GLD came up (which is an excellent and obvious choice) and Kat, and I would second Octo in a heartbeat. Dacon used to be a mod but gave it up, so I'd just presumed you didn't want to be a mod any more (a decision I respect) but if you'd want back in (same for you, MOG) I think that would be excellent and I support it 100%.

...and then there was some rant IMO it has to be someone who goes along fairly well with everyone, and especially has regular contact with the members of the board who are less positive to the current mod team. I also think it should be a person who generally has respect for most of the member base - even if this person can be fed up with some of the other members (because of old conflicts or deep arguments or w/e) this person still has to like people. This person has to be interested in people, interested in their opinions and yeah, interested in the voices in a conflict - not in a drama lovin' type of attitude, but as in a person who likes people and understand there can be different opinions and sides to a conflict. But this person also has to be able to 'cut through' and take a stand - and also be able to not be afraid to make mistakes; as in not be afraid to moderate their own opinion if new information is given, and also be able to say 'you're right, sorry'.

I think there are some great unsharpened diamonds (don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say they're totally useless or anything) in our member base who would do excellent if they were given some trust.
I still stand by nominating Omega even though he thinks I'm a lunatic for it

Given the good conversation in the sauced thread I also want to add Tifabelle.
__________________
Quotes and shit
Pixel wrote: Someone say Pixel Porn?
(SPOILER)
Joe wrote: How does Tidus make Yuna feel better?

Elixer.
Shademp wrote: #Fangustyle
Ghost X wrote: As long as Fangu delivers the pizza, I will not particularly mind what is on it. Even if it is hot fiery death in plant form.


Progress!
2012
Member of the Year, Best Site Contributor (2nd), Best Newcomer, Hottest Female, Bounciest Boobies (3rd), Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Most Improved (3rd), Best Drunk/Stoner, “Needs to Spend Less Time on TLS” Award (3rd), Best Ship (1st, Avengu) (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (3rd), Most Likely to Save the World, Most Suited to Be on Cosmos’ Side (2nd)

2013
TLS Lifetime Achievement Award (3rd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female, Biggest Non-FF Geek (3rd), Most in Need of Daylight (2nd), Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), Horniest Member (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), The TLS Literature Prize, Most Talented (Art, Writing, Music, Etc.) (3rd), Best Ass (3rd), Most Fervent TLSer, Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (3rd)

2014
Member of the Year (2nd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female (2nd), Nicest Smile, Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), The Lifestream Literature Prize, Best Ass (2nd), Sexiest Voice, Best Ship/TLS OTP (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Fervent TLSer (3rd), Most Likely to Make the Best-Tasting Food (2nd), Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (2nd)

2015
Member you'd most like to bone (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), Hottest female (3rd), Sexiest voice (3rd)

2016
Best Drunk (2nd), Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win
Fangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/12/2012), Dana Scully (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #4
Madame Mayor
Default

I would love for Tifabelle to be considered. She's very nice and isn't afraid to call people out. I respect her for that.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Elisa Maza (06/16/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #5
Bex
Default

Brooke
__________________
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #6
Alex
Default

Schala wrote: I would love for Tifabelle to be considered. She's very nice and isn't afraid to call people out. I respect her for that.
I'm glad somebody else said that.

Brooke and Tifabelle get my votes.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #7
Rumpelstiltskin
Default

I dunno Tifabelle that well but she a'ight.

So yeah Tifabelle
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #8
Madame Mayor
Default

btw I feel obligated to thank all you people saying you want me because it's so nice and actual proud/happy feeeeeeeelings


i love you guys

even if I don't become a mod I just actually love you guys
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Bex (06/12/2012), Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012), Zee (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #9
Zee
Default

Brooke is my numero uno

Belle is another great choice though
__________________



have you got a screw loose? or is it your...animal intuition?


Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #10
Tifabelle
Default

I'm legitimately shocked. I honestly don't even know how to react to that. XD

I stand by my vote for Brooke. If I could vote for her twice, I would

And I stand by my vote for Dacon, if he is interested in going back. if you read this dac, let us know your thoughts.
__________________

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012), Zee (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #11
Flintlock
Default

Honest question: do we really need more staff members? Okay, another one: if so, why?

I thought we had plenty already. Unless half of them have abandoned ship in the few days I've been away from the forum.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2012   #12
Omega
Default

Apparently they have.
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #13
Fangu
Default

Flintlock wrote: Honest question: do we really need more staff members? Okay, another one: if so, why?

I thought we had plenty already. Unless half of them have abandoned ship in the few days I've been away from the forum.
Read from here on and out
__________________
Quotes and shit
Pixel wrote: Someone say Pixel Porn?
(SPOILER)
Joe wrote: How does Tidus make Yuna feel better?

Elixer.
Shademp wrote: #Fangustyle
Ghost X wrote: As long as Fangu delivers the pizza, I will not particularly mind what is on it. Even if it is hot fiery death in plant form.


Progress!
2012
Member of the Year, Best Site Contributor (2nd), Best Newcomer, Hottest Female, Bounciest Boobies (3rd), Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Most Improved (3rd), Best Drunk/Stoner, “Needs to Spend Less Time on TLS” Award (3rd), Best Ship (1st, Avengu) (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (3rd), Most Likely to Save the World, Most Suited to Be on Cosmos’ Side (2nd)

2013
TLS Lifetime Achievement Award (3rd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female, Biggest Non-FF Geek (3rd), Most in Need of Daylight (2nd), Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), Horniest Member (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), The TLS Literature Prize, Most Talented (Art, Writing, Music, Etc.) (3rd), Best Ass (3rd), Most Fervent TLSer, Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (3rd)

2014
Member of the Year (2nd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female (2nd), Nicest Smile, Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), The Lifestream Literature Prize, Best Ass (2nd), Sexiest Voice, Best Ship/TLS OTP (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Fervent TLSer (3rd), Most Likely to Make the Best-Tasting Food (2nd), Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (2nd)

2015
Member you'd most like to bone (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), Hottest female (3rd), Sexiest voice (3rd)

2016
Best Drunk (2nd), Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win
Fangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2012   #14
Tifabelle
Default

I'd just like to bring something up. I had asked in the other thread, but I don't think anyone noticed. I think it's a great idea to have a vote for new staff member(s). I'd also like to consider voting on current staff as well. That's not to say that should a mod not pass the vote that it would result in an immediate or automatic de-modding, but I'd like the discussion to be open amongst the community in regards to it. I think whatever results come from it can garner a serious discussion where people can explain why they feel one way or the other, and we can come to a decision as a group should the need arise.

Thoughts?
__________________

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Bex (06/12/2012), Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Flintlock (06/12/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/12/2013), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #15
Rumpelstiltskin
Default

Agree wholeheartedly with this^
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.