The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 06/12/2012   #16
The Mad King

GLD is a good pic. If possible it would be awesome to get MOG back on staff as well.
The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #17
Octo

I wouldn't object to that either. (both what Noctis just said and what Belle suggested)

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Octo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #18
Makoeyes987

Arya Stark wrote: I'd just like to bring something up. I had asked in the other thread, but I don't think anyone noticed. I think it's a great idea to have a vote for new staff member(s). I'd also like to consider voting on current staff as well. That's not to say that should a mod not pass the vote that it would result in an immediate or automatic de-modding, but I'd like the discussion to be open amongst the community in regards to it. I think whatever results come from it can garner a serious discussion where people can explain why they feel one way or the other, and we can come to a decision as a group should the need arise.

Thoughts?
That sounds a lot like the staff reviews we started having after the issues with TLS's hosting. The last one we had was sometime around....March, if I recall correctly? And then before that, December?

I'm not sure what the time table was for these but the current review system we started seems to be what you're brainstorming. I figure the best thing to do would be to continue utilizing that, since we've come up with that idea already in the past.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #19
Omega

But they don't seem to have done any good...
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), CK (06/13/2012), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Tifabelle (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #20
Rumpelstiltskin

"Im sorry, I'll try do to better."

Sound familiar?
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2012   #21
Celes Chere

I would really like it if Brooke were on staff, I think Mog should come back too tbh. But I know both of these people are very busy people. ='( Still though, they are great.

AND TONY!

Tifabelle.
YEAH. Kripey should be on staff because she isn't biased at all, she tells me all the time when I'm being a derp because she's RUDE.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #22
Tifabelle

Ma'at wrote: That sounds a lot like the staff reviews we started having after the issues with TLS's hosting. The last one we had was sometime around....March, if I recall correctly? And then before that, December?

I'm not sure what the time table was for these but the current review system we started seems to be what you're brainstorming. I figure the best thing to do would be to continue utilizing that, since we've come up with that idea already in the past.
Yeah I feel as if very little came from it. (and I think we all agreed that the first one was completely ignored and forgotten). A lot of things weren't even addressed by staff. Some staff never even replied. I think this would be a good way to get an accurate gauge on the community's feelings as a whole. It would be a better and fresher perspective on it.

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Makoeyes987 (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #23
Rumpelstiltskin

For all future conversations Kripey is now tiff.
That is all.
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2012   #24
Splintered

I'm the master of copy pasta

1. Dacon. Wasn't he mod before? Why isn't he anymore? He strikes me as the kind of person who would be willing to tell it how it is, to be fair and willing to do the hard things, is personable enough on the forum to do these things without causing bad blood, open enough for a member to contact, and not the type to be overly secretive or give the vibe that he's in it for the mods rather than the members. He's a constant forum presence, and for the better imo.

2. Brooke: because everyone loves her and sometimes you need a person like that, someone who is great at mediating between two groups of people and is always looking to make other people's experience on the forum better. Didn't she win "most helpful member" award? That's awesome, especially for newer or shy members who might feel intimidated by the staff.

Also she did the "TLS Secret Santa" and yeah, it isn't the most difficult or complex contest, but it's tedious and time consuming and I know a lot of members who wouldn't be arsed or just mysteriously "disappear" during that time. If people are willing to take the initiative to start these projects for no reward- just to make the forum a more fun experience for everyone, yeah, they would make a great mod.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #25
Cthulhu

Arya Stark wrote: I'd just like to bring something up. I had asked in the other thread, but I don't think anyone noticed. I think it's a great idea to have a vote for new staff member(s). I'd also like to consider voting on current staff as well. That's not to say that should a mod not pass the vote that it would result in an immediate or automatic de-modding, but I'd like the discussion to be open amongst the community in regards to it. I think whatever results come from it can garner a serious discussion where people can explain why they feel one way or the other, and we can come to a decision as a group should the need arise.

Thoughts?
Sure, .

Also, extra requirement: must love tentacles.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/12/2012), Hisako (06/13/2012), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #26
Splintered

Cthulhu wrote: Also, extra requirement: must love tentacles.
I hate every idea in this thread except for this one.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Hisako (06/13/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #27
Flintlock

I agree with the feeling that the staff review(s) don't seem to have led to anything concrete happening. Voting would certainly change that, though I would worry about the potential for drama it would create.

One thing I mentioned during the last review, as well as my earlier post in this thread, was that there seem to be a lot of staff already. I've read through the discussion that led to the idea of adding a new member of staff, but nobody really mentioned there why it was needed, beyond helping to bridge the trust gap between staff and members. If that's the only reason, I have to say it feels like taking the easy way out. If there is genuinely too much work for the twelve existing moderators, fair enough. I know a lot of things happen behind the scenes that regular members never see.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2012   #28
Celes Chere

For all future conversations Kripey is now tiff.
SHE CAN'T STEAL MY NAME
IT WAS MY NAME FIRST
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012), Zee (06/13/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #29
Alessa Gillespie

brooke is the mayor and the mod of my heart.

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Celes Chere (06/12/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/12/2012), Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), Marle (06/13/2012), Serah Farron (06/12/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/13/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012), Zee (06/13/2012)
Old 06/12/2012   #30
Dashell

I saw in another topic someone nominated me for staff... thanks but no thanks. I don't come here that often anymore anyway. Brooke and Tifabelle sound good though
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Madame Mayor (06/12/2012), The Pyro (06/12/2012)