The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Closed Thread

Old 06/19/2012   #16
Octo

Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Old 06/19/2012   #17
Unlucky

Follow-up question to my first one:

Someone named Octo wrote: I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?
Old 06/20/2012   #18
Alex

So, one member is harassing another through visitor messages. How would you get involved, if at all?
1. Depends on the state of the harassment and what's been said that has lead to it. At the end of the day it might be something as simple as getting the two members to hash out their differences together, putting each other on their respective ignore lists or handing out infractions/temp bans for more serious cases. It would all depend on context.
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?
2. Take a good look around the staff room and see what staff's reaction has been to recent events. It would give me a good position to evaluate where our mindset is now and what I could bring to the table to improve it.

Then I'd write Destrillians or something.

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?
3. Even if its outside our jurisdiction to stop, I would ensure that all of staff are aware of where the shit has been spread and what calibre of shit is being peddled (pic related). Not a whole lot to be done after that. Maybe crack a few jokes in that person's direction. These are internet forums, there's no need for all this clandestine cloak and dagger nonsense. Oftentimes humour is the best way to pay attention to how absurd a situation is.

Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)
4. I'm well aware that outside of encouraging others to make use of the RP section and promoting various projects within it, this isn't exactly my strong suit. I'm very aware of what my strengths and weaknesses are.

Keeping the forum an active and entertaining place to post ties itself nicely into keeping the website and its various projects moving forward. People will be more likely to get engaged with a busy forum than a stagnant one.

I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?
5. Tell those two chuckleheads to cut that right out if its starting to break the rules and when the drama stops being entertaining for all the onlookers. If it persists/gets worse, warnings, infractions, ignore lists would be the order of the day.

Much like the first question in this post, I'd try and ferret out the root of the problem and get some statements from people who are in the know. Whilst it is important to get the necessary context for the underlying dispute (how else will it be resolved in the long run, obvs), it can't be used as an excuse for persistent flaming and generally disruptive behaviour.
Old 06/20/2012   #19
stiles

is this seriously tho. a democratic forum??? ARE YOU TRYING TO BE LIKE AMERICA?

"It's not the net worth of one's life that's important. It is the day to day concerns, the
personal victories, and the celebration of life... and love!" Terra Branford

Old 06/20/2012   #20
stiles

but yes this shit is BANANAS are these questions being asked and is this guy real life answering them like this????

"HOW TO INCLUDE SHY MEMBERS?????"

what even am i reading

"It's not the net worth of one's life that's important. It is the day to day concerns, the

Old 06/20/2012   #21
Alex

Katniss wrote: but yes this shit is BANANAS are these questions being asked and is this guy real life answering them like this????

"HOW TO INCLUDE SHY MEMBERS?????"

what even am i reading
Get ahold of yourself, woman. This is realest shit you will ever done see.
Old 06/20/2012   #22
stiles

i am a man, boy! but alright then

Old 06/20/2012   #23
Rumpelstiltskin

And a massive teen wolf fan it seems
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), Joe (06/20/2012)
Old 06/24/2012   #24
stiles

lol, so i was searching for teen wolf references on the forum, and this is the only one that came up. didnt even know youd posted this the other day when i actually had teen wolf stuff on

teen wolf is hawt tho <3 <3 <3

Closed Thread