The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 11/09/2012   #1
Flintlock
Default Weekly roundups

Here is the first one!

Please take a look and share your thoughts on the format, contents, whatever.

It took me hours - a lot longer than it should have, mainly due to wrestling with Wordpress. The visual editor seems to run under the twisted concept of "what you see is what you won't get". But now the first one is up, it shouldn't take so long. People, keep sharing whatever interesting articles you find and making threads about Final Fantasy and you'll be contributing to future roundups
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 13:
AvecAloes (11/10/2012), Chloe Frazer (11/10/2012), Danseru-kun (11/10/2012), Fangu (11/09/2012), ForceStealer (11/10/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/11/2012), Lex (11/10/2012), Minato (11/10/2012), Monterosa (01/05/2013), Shademp (11/10/2012), Splintered (11/28/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/09/2012), Theozilla (11/10/2012)
Old 11/09/2012   #2
The Twilight Mexican

Looks great. Well done!

Love the format of it too. =)
Thanked by:
Danseru-kun (11/10/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #3
ForceStealer

I really really like it. Looks professional and interesting and all that good stuff.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Danseru-kun (11/10/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #4
AvecAloes

This looks great, Flint. I love that you include the links to the discussions of each topic on the forums. I'm really loving all of the new front page stuff, and I really can't wait to see more. The weekly round-up was a great idea to keep things active on the front page.
AvecAloes is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #5
Theozilla

Love the weekly round up format to help encourage activity and discussion.
The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #6
Literally Who?

*Copy and paste of stuff people have already said multiple times*
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/11/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #7
Lex

I love it, well done!!

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012   #8
Kermitu Kleric Katie

*Actually copies and pastes stuff people have said*
Looks great. Well done!

Love the format of it too. =)I really really like it. Looks professional and interesting and all that good stuff.This looks great, Flint. I love that you include the links to the discussions of each topic on the forums. I'm really loving all of the new front page stuff, and I really can't wait to see more. The weekly round-up was a great idea to keep things active on the front page.Love the weekly round up format to help encourage activity and discussion.*Copy and paste of stuff people have already said multiple times*I love it, well done!!
Old 11/11/2012   #9
Lex

May be useful for the next roundup:

New XIV: A Realm Reborn Trailer (cool song)
YouTube Video

Kotaku moan about something, as usual.

Yasumi Matsuno (dev for Vagrant Story and FF Tactics) Leaves Level-5.

I also notice you didn't mention the recent quote regarding Type-0? Was there a particular reason for this?

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/16/2012)
Old 11/15/2012   #10
Flintlock

^ Huh, didn't see your post
Prince Lex wrote: May be useful for the next roundup:

New XIV: A Realm Reborn Trailer (cool song)
Thanks, I was already planning to include a story about XIV shutting down and XIV:RR launching, and I can add that.

Prince Lex wrote: Kotaku moan about something, as usual.
I saw that, but I wasn't sure it was significant enough to make the roundup. It's an opinion piece, and as you said, it's just moaning.

Prince Lex wrote: Yasumi Matsuno (dev for Vagrant Story and FF Tactics) Leaves Level-5.
Not a huge story, but I'll include it if I don't have enough material otherwise.

Prince Lex wrote: I also notice you didn't mention the recent quote regarding Type-0? Was there a particular reason for this?
What quote was that? I didn't see one. I did see this, however, which only broke today.

Everyone, feel free to share any interesting things you've seen over the past week! I'll be posting the next roundup tomorrow evening. And thanks for all your positive comments
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/24/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/16/2012)
Old 11/16/2012   #11
Flintlock

This week's roundup might have to wait a while. I was planning to do it during my train journey this evening, but the internet on board is dial-up slow, so it's too much hassle. It will be done this weekend though.
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/24/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/16/2012)
Old 11/17/2012   #12
Flintlock

Here's the finished article. Thoughts, criticisms, suggestions and so on are always welcome.
Thanked by 6:
Cthulhu (11/18/2012), Fangu (11/18/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/24/2012), Lex (11/18/2012), Shademp (11/17/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/17/2012)
Old 11/18/2012   #13
Cthulhu

Excellent poast; suddenly, it turns out we have a shitton more stuff to do for the front page than just the main articles. I do particularly like you linking people to the forums for various reasons.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/20/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/19/2012)
Old 11/23/2012   #14
Flintlock

The next roundup is up, but something very weird is going on with the featured image. It has replaced the entire banner. Or maybe it's because I am at work and using an old version of Internet Explorer. Fangu, what's up?
Old 11/23/2012   #15
Cthulhu

That's weird and shouldn't happen, unless you replaced the image (it's somewhere in the WP-content folder / as an upload iirc) somehow.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/24/2012)