The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 06/01/2009   #1
Makoeyes987
Default Farewell to an experiment...Teams

Unfortunately, due to the lack of interest and development from users regarding Teams here on the forums, we feel its necessary to end our trial run of the concept. Due to the fact that the teams are essentially serving as nothing more than isolated discussion sections for sections that already exist, we will move the discussions of each team to the appropriate sub-forum here on the forum to not let the discussion and contributions go to waste.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #2
Dashell

We had teams?
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 9:
A (06/01/2009), annacamille (06/10/2009), Celes Chere (06/01/2009), Frostwave (06/01/2009), Literally Who? (06/03/2009), paoo (06/01/2009), Ravynne Nevyrmore (06/02/2009), Sheepy (06/01/2009), Tennyo (06/01/2009)
Old 06/01/2009   #3
Tetsujin

Quexinos wrote: We had teams?
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #4
Isabella

So after all the whining for teams, no one used them?
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #5
Max Payne

Hey, I tried to get something going, but apparently no one gave enough of a shit to bother.

So meh.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #6
Akemmi

Dacon wrote: Hey, I tried to get something going, but apparently no one gave enough of a shit to bother.

So meh.
If I had any idea we had teams I'd be up for it. It sounds like fun, maybe if we advertised it a bit more, made it sound more appealing we could re-open the teams idea?

If we do can I be in your team Dacon?

xxx
Akemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #7
Tennyo

Quexinos wrote: We had teams?
I lol'd.

That said, none of the teams that were created appealed to me, hence my non-joinage. But I didn't really care one way or the other anway.
Old 06/01/2009   #8
Omega

I joined said teams, just couldn't really think of much to say.

Something like Great Justice (as an example), which is for serious discussion, is, to my mind, gonna require a bit more insight and forethought as to what one could/should/would post about. Bitching about the economy/political bullcrappery in the US isn't going to hold any interest for most people. Religion is always a touchy subject, etc.

In the case of teh music, I'm a musical neophyte. I don't know shit about music, so I sit back and watch, and post from time to time.
Old 06/01/2009   #9
Celes Chere

I was only in the music team. Kinda.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #10
Makoeyes987

So anyone want to postulate and put forth some intelligent reasoning as to why the teams didn't get used after people bitched so loudly for them?
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #11
Akemmi

Mako Eyes wrote: So anyone want to postulate and put forth some intelligent reasoning as to why the teams didn't get used after people bitched so loudly for them?

Maybe people wanted to see if they bitched hard enough you would actually put effort into making a teams section only for them to ignore it and go "Muahahahahah"

OR

Maybe people didn't see how being in a team benefited them, If there was more of a team spirit, competitive sort of thing, if we held competitions between teams then maybe people would feel move inclined to join a team.

xxxxx
Akemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2009   #12
Max Payne

Mako Eyes wrote: So anyone want to postulate and put forth some intelligent reasoning as to why the teams didn't get used after people bitched so loudly for them?
They weren't complete revivals of the teams on acf, or at least weren't similar enough for some folks to be comfortable with them.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Bex (06/01/2009), Lelouch (06/02/2009), Literally Who? (06/03/2009), Makoeyes987 (06/01/2009), Munatik (06/02/2009)
Old 06/01/2009   #13
Tennyo

Bah, people just need to get over the fact that this isn't ACF and just move on already. _
Old 06/01/2009   #14
Channy

Dacon wrote: They weren't complete revivals of the teams on acf, or at least weren't similar enough for some folks to be comfortable with them.
That pretty much. It seemed like the Teams made could have been made into sections for the forum... or pretty much were pre-existing subforums. That said, I know shit all about politics, dick all about comics, and music... eh. They needed to be more generic regarding general chat imo as opposed to a separate topic.

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Bex (06/01/2009)
Old 06/01/2009   #15
Cat Rage Room

Because people want what they can't have.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote