The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 06/02/2009   #31
Makoeyes987

Dude, the stipulation *was* that if it didn't work out, it'd get scraped. If anyone's bawwing its you, dude

Don't put the responsibility of there being no activity in teams on the staff, when it was the members who asked for it, wanted it, and were told that if there was no activity that warranted its existance then it'd be axed. That was the condition from the get go.

@Quexinos

LOL just being honest
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009   #32
Dashell

Okay so the rule is if we ask for it and use it we can have it? Can I have some money?
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009   #33
CK

Mako Eyes wrote: Dude, the stipulation *was* that if it didn't work out, it'd get scraped. If anyone's bawwing its you, dude

Don't put the responsibility of there being no activity in teams on the staff, when it was the members who asked for it, wanted it, and were told that if there was no activity that warranted its existance then it'd be axed. That was the condition from the get go.
I'm done arguing. my brains had enough for today/ I just don't want the music team to go.

Au milieu de mes semblables
Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009   #34
Makoeyes987

If you want e-money, sure

@Orchid

It won't disappear. It can either become a social group or be moved to the Entertainment section. I don't think we're sure which at this point.
Old 06/02/2009   #35
CK

Ok a sub section of entertainment would be aight.

Or maybe two new sections in GC one music/movies and the other comics, anime/manga and books.

Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
Old 06/02/2009   #36
Makoeyes987

N-no..I think you misunderstood. They'd just go into the Entertainment section. All the threads would. We don't have enough activity to warrant sections for those topics.

Hence maybe making them their own Member Group instead. If the Member Group somehow got a lot of consistent activity and stuff then we could give its own section though.
Old 06/02/2009   #37
CK

u suck.

Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
Old 06/02/2009   #38
Dashell

He's onto you Mako

I'll stop replying now *runs*
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009   #39
Cookie Monster

Mako Eyes wrote: Dude, the stipulation *was* that if it didn't work out, it'd get scraped. If anyone's bawwing its you, dude

@Quexinos

LOL just being honest
Actually we agreed to tryout the Social Forums hack, and if it didn't work, we would attempt another way. So no u, Mako.
Old 06/02/2009   #40
Makoeyes987

Social Forums? You mean the Member Group thing?

Well yeah, we did try it and its starting to catch on finally. People ARE using it.
Old 06/02/2009   #41
Cookie Monster

No dood, the Social Forums hack we used to create the teams.
Old 06/02/2009   #42
Channy

I think people didn't get into teams right away BECAUSE of the Social Groups thing. I know a few people got confused when there's team membership forms in the User CP and that doesn't go anywhere so we're left waiting.

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009   #43
Makoeyes987

How is it that we had a huge ass vote that explained the teams and their location and method of membership, and then suddenly everyone's confused about them? That's BS. People DID join the teams. Look at the membership numbers. No one actually used the damn things. People were posting elsewhere in social groups that they actually had an interest in joining. That's not an excuse at all.

Oh, I see. Well I don't know what we're gonna do with that hack either. But it's clearly superfluous as well
Old 06/02/2009   #44
CK

Mako Eyes wrote:
Oh, I see. Well I don't know what we're gonna do with that hack either. But it's clearly superfluous as well
We could use it to have a spam section experiment? I'm sure that will be pretty active.

Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
Old 06/02/2009   #45
Makoeyes987

OH, YOU