The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

View Poll Results: Are you willing to actively contribute to the site?
Yes, I can contribute fanart/editorials/encylopedia entries/contests/other stuff 21 87.50%
No, too busy/not interested/I enjoy reaping the fruits of the labors of others and giving nothing in return 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/26/2010   #16
Alessa Gillespie

I LOVE BEING POOR, HAVING NO FREE TIME AND BEING UNABLE TO GET ANY HELP FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY. HERP DERP.

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (01/26/2010), looneymoon (01/27/2010), The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2010)
Old 01/26/2010   #17
Strangelove

Ted Lange As Your Bartender wrote: game scripts
One of the most time consuming parts of doing the CC Keywords was that there doesn't seem to be a proper English game script online to match things up with the English game. I've had to make do with a walk-through video on YouTube, which is more time consuming to search than a text document would be. Plus some things reference optional NPC dialogue you might not find in a walk-through. So a proper script for CC would help a lot.
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2010   #18
Alex

Oerba Dia Vanille wrote: I can do it pretty much any time.
Same about the commentary. I just require 24 hours notice so that I can buy a headset, but once we set a date then I'll be down with that

I may be able to contribute to more things later on down the line when I'm not so busy/stressed. But I don't want to commit myself fully to saying yes knowing full well that I'm not in a position to do so right now.
Old 01/26/2010   #19
Eerie

I have very little knowledge about FFVII [and nothing about the others FF, as I didn't play the games], so the only thing I can probably do is to make girly graphics [] XD I could possibly give a try at the wallpaper project, but that's about as far as I can go XD If anyone's interested in girly graphics, that is
Eerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2010)
Old 01/26/2010   #20
Cthulhu

I hope to be able to finish the image gallery this weekend, fyi. Other than that, I like to pretend I'm too busy to sort things out.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01/27/2010   #21
Arianna
Exclamation

I can give some fan art (not saying it's the best! I'll improve!), fan fiction (not saying it's expert writing!), and any news tid bits I come across - albeit late. lol But seriously, I can contribute those things. I can't promise I'll be up to date with news and such - but I'll leave that to others to tell me, unless I have concrete proof of it's time of publication. I have a habit of coming across neat stuff every now and again.

Please click here and help my eggs and hatchlings!
(Thank you!)

Splintered wrote: [Jihl] was like "I AM GUNNA BE RELEVA-" nvm

Arianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010   #22
NoenGaruth

I can do up some high rez wallpapers of the completed stuff from my Midgar model if you want. Then at least you'll be getting hits from the fanboys that stalk me

Hey who wants to come home with me?!
Ok that wasn't very smart but totally worth it!
NoenGaruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010   #23
Madame Mayor

I think my problem is while I'd love to write something up, I tend to stay away from over half of the compilation because I really just don't care for it. Even BC, which has so much Tseng in it you'd think I'd be fangirling all over the place, but it just doesn't interest me.

As a result, I think anything I'd write would sound like a SW fan who hates the prequels/ignores them completely.

But I will keep this in mind and if I do think of something useful I'll be sure to come back and offer it. I'd do scans if I still had my books. Or a really sexy walkthrough of the game if I still had a PS.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (01/27/2010), The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2010)
Old 01/27/2010   #24
OneWingedDemon

I'd do shit, but dunno what. So meh...

LMAO. Someone do an audio(book?) of the dates. First up: Barret's
OneWingedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (01/27/2010), Eerie (01/27/2010), Madame Mayor (01/27/2010), Tennyo (01/27/2010), The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2010)
Old 01/27/2010   #25
Tennyo

Judge Magister Gabranth wrote: I can do up some high rez wallpapers of the completed stuff from my Midgar model if you want. Then at least you'll be getting hits from the fanboys that stalk me
All in due time!
Old 01/27/2010   #26
Cat Rage Room

I'd also like to remind all of you that you don't have to wait for some mystical opening or whatever to contribute whatever you guys have in mind. If its something like fan art, graphical contributions, editorials, guides, etc, you can go ahead and email/PM them to any one of us and we'll get right on it. So, go ahead and submit whatever you have in mind right now!

However, for the sake of centralization, if all of you guys like the idea of having 'one place' to send your work to, go ahead and PM them to me and I assure you guys they'll go to the right place on the site.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01/28/2010   #27
Pixel

Just to let you know, I've set up a TLS Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLifestreamNet

If anyone makes AMVs or vids we'll see about either featuring or uploading them there. Havent really looked into it. I mainly set it up for the audiobooks, which might draw people here.

Does anyone know how Itunes works? I'll get them on there too as podcasts
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
ForceStealer (01/29/2010), Tennyo (02/01/2010), The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2010)
Old 01/28/2010   #28
Raquelborn

Pixel wrote: Just to let you know, I've set up a TLS Youtube channel.

If anyone makes AMVs or vids we'll see about either featuring or uploading them there. Havent really looked into it. I mainly set it up for the audiobooks, which might draw people here.

Does anyone know how Itunes works? I'll get them on there too as podcasts

This may help.
http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

Raquelborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010   #29
The Twilight Mexican

Two guesses how I voted in the poll, but you'll only need one.

hitoncheir wrote: One of the most time consuming parts of doing the CC Keywords was that there doesn't seem to be a proper English game script online to match things up with the English game. I've had to make do with a walk-through video on YouTube, which is more time consuming to search than a text document would be. Plus some things reference optional NPC dialogue you might not find in a walk-through. So a proper script for CC would help a lot.
The very reason I took it upon myself to do that Dissidia script:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/939394/57905

Which TLS is free to use/host/fornicate with.

Great idea, and good job on that!

We should put the "Hitler in the Bunker reacting to Cloti as Canon" vid on there when I have it ready.
Old 01/29/2010   #30
ForceStealer

How's that TLS video opening you were working on coming?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote