The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

View Poll Results: Are you willing to actively contribute to the site?
Yes, I can contribute fanart/editorials/encylopedia entries/contests/other stuff 21 87.50%
No, too busy/not interested/I enjoy reaping the fruits of the labors of others and giving nothing in return 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/29/2010   #31
Strangelove

TresDias wrote: The very reason I took it upon myself to do that Dissidia script:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/939394/57905

Which TLS is free to use/host/fornicate with.
I'm this close to starting it myself, but it would mean taking time from other stuff and would only possibly help with this one project (but great for anyone who wants a script)
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010   #32
Pixel

ForceStealer wrote: How's that TLS video opening you were working on coming?
I just built my new computer and installed aftereffects, but have been working pretty much every night, so havent had time so look at it. Still trying to figure out how to fave a burst of light, text appear. I think i know how to have the shiny water net thing move on the logo. Ill see.

Any free time i have atm is spent looking for voice actors, emailing back and forth
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010   #33
Super Mario

Hey pixel I recommend the Dissidia OP music, the one that sounds similar to XII's openning music. it goes well with that vid you made before.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2010   #34
Mama Dragon

Oerba Yun Fang wrote: But I don't want to commit myself fully to saying yes knowing full well that I'm not in a position to do so right now.

That's exactly what I say.

Valen Shadowbreath wrote: Oh, look, we are in Hell after all. A mime.
Shameless self-promotion!

Alternate universes.

Mama Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010   #35
Literally Who?

Im not gonna vote cause i havent 100% scored my new job yet (its like a 70% chance ill get it atm). But if i get it im definitely gonna pick up a Wacom tablet and if all goes as planned i wouldnt mind sending in some fan art.

Would wall papers count as fan art too btw?
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010   #36
Cloudskye

I'd like to contribute, all you have to do is ask. I'm limited on what I can do though.
Moonflight from Warriors Wiki wrote: I think your chararts are lovely. You give great criticism, which is more than what most users do. Being a warrior [is] different than being a senior warrior. Your chararts don't have to be great. It's more important that you comment on chararts. You're far too modest. You deserve this.
WW // WSW // FB
Cloudskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2010   #37
The Twilight Mexican

Sushi wrote: Would wall papers count as fan art too btw?
Yes, I'd think.

Good luck with the job, by the way.
Old 02/06/2010   #38
Madame Mayor

Ted Lange As Your Bartender wrote: I'd also like to remind all of you that you don't have to wait for some mystical opening or whatever to contribute whatever you guys have in mind. If its something like fan art, graphical contributions, editorials, guides, etc, you can go ahead and email/PM them to any one of us and we'll get right on it. So, go ahead and submit whatever you have in mind right now!
This reminds me, no one on staff ever did save a copy of my translated 10th Anniv Tseng's profile did they? I took it down when that domain name I had it hosted on got too expensive (stupid .nu names), and then my compy crashed and I wasn't able to recover my word files.

My brother translated it for me and I feel bad I don't have it anymore.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2010   #39
Max Payne

I'd love to help if I can get paid
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2010   #40
The Twilight Mexican

Alpha wrote: This reminds me, no one on staff ever did save a copy of my translated 10th Anniv Tseng's profile did they? I took it down when that domain name I had it hosted on got too expensive (stupid .nu names), and then my compy crashed and I wasn't able to recover my word files.

My brother translated it for me and I feel bad I don't have it anymore.
That sucks.

If you still have the URL it was hosted at, we might be able to recover it with the Wayback Machine:

http://www.archive.org/
Old 02/07/2010   #41
Madame Mayor

No, it wouldn't be in there, it wasn't that long ago and it was just little fansites, might have if I had submitted but doubt it could find my little sites on it's own.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2010   #42
RagnorokKing

I would not mind helping.
My main problem is, I don't speak or read a word of Japanese so I'm somewhat limited.
I've always thought of posting up articles/guides and such, but there are so many people out there who have done so much better than me, I've never felt the need.
But if you need anything, you can always ask.
Old 02/09/2010   #43
Cthulhu

We don't ask, you offer .
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2010   #44
RagnorokKing

Well..
I have been meaning to do a Final Fantasy Compilation on my podcast.
It would be sort of like that bonus "look at Final Fantasy" thing on the XII bonus disk, only like a few hours long and better.
Basically, I was going to go through all of the Final Fantasy games and the three movies.
There was gonna be a section on teh main games, a section on spin offs, a section on the music, and section on the art, a section on the movies, and then a wrap up that included my thoughts on FF XIII.
You guys can have it when I finish, if you would like it.
Old 02/10/2010   #45
The Twilight Mexican

RagnorokKing wrote: Well..
I have been meaning to do a Final Fantasy Compilation on my podcast.
It would be sort of like that bonus "look at Final Fantasy" thing on the XII bonus disk, only like a few hours long and better.
Basically, I was going to go through all of the Final Fantasy games and the three movies.
There was gonna be a section on teh main games, a section on spin offs, a section on the music, and section on the art, a section on the movies, and then a wrap up that included my thoughts on FF XIII.
You guys can have it when I finish, if you would like it.
Jesus. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and speak for everybody and say we'd love to see it.

That's going to be a massive undertaking, though, isn't it?