The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 02/28/2010   #16
The Mad King

I'll provide fanfics. Mostly one-shots, maybe a longer one at some point. I sent my first one to Mog so we'll see if its any good. I've got some other which may work once I polish upgrade.
Old 02/28/2010   #17
Celes Chere

What if you suck at everything?
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Cloudskye (03/01/2010), The Pyro (03/12/2010), Tifaeria (03/02/2010)
Old 02/28/2010   #18
Mama Dragon

I can contribute, though what I currently have are mostly jokes and doodles. I already posted some of them here, but I'll gather them here.

Why Cloud really cleaned the Buster Sword.

The proof that Hojo is Sephiroth's father

Valentine's day at the Dissidia World

The Blues Sisters

Jihl and Scarlet

Twist of events at the FFXIII Versus' trailer
(I'm not entirely happy with this one, but I still find it amusing)

I don't know if they will be useful or not, but ther you have them.

Valen Shadowbreath wrote: Oh, look, we are in Hell after all. A mime.
Shameless self-promotion!

Alternate universes.

Mama Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2010   #19
looneymoon

For fanfic writers, perhaps you can post up drafts in the Creative section? That way you get multiple betas to proof your work. Then when you feel like it's good to go, subit to be posted on the site proper.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cloudskye (03/01/2010), Tifaeria (03/02/2010)
Old 03/01/2010   #20
Cloudskye

TresDias wrote: I think fanfiction would be a good idea myself.
I think I might have some hidden somewhere. I'd have to find them first. I'll post the links and shit here when I can be arsed to find them. XD

@ Looneymoon: Good idea.
Moonflight from Warriors Wiki wrote: I think your chararts are lovely. You give great criticism, which is more than what most users do. Being a warrior [is] different than being a senior warrior. Your chararts don't have to be great. It's more important that you comment on chararts. You're far too modest. You deserve this.
WW // WSW // FB
Cloudskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2010   #21
Bex

I'll do some fanart when i get round to it.
i've not done any in ages. ;.;
Old 03/01/2010   #22
Cthulhu

Zoey wrote: What if you suck at everything?
You may suck my tentacle, nahmean .

(SPOILER) Very predictable, I know.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (03/02/2010)
Old 03/02/2010   #23
The Mad King

Are crossover fics ok? Like ff7/ff8 for example.
Old 03/02/2010   #24
Cat Rage Room

uh

As long as they're good I guess. Nothing against you, but I figure a crossover fic can only be SO much quality, no matter who writes it.

I'm going to put this out on the table. EVERYONE is encouraged to submit whatever you have. But there is a supply/demand/diminishing returns thing going on here. I want to have a balance of stuff like editorials, write ups, analysis, artwork, creative projects, etc etc. While fanfics fit within that criteria, on the same token, I don't want a situation where I have 300 fanfics coming in and nothing else.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2010   #25
Cthulhu

+ quality is key. The more quality, the better exposure you will be given on the site.

Of course, that's a relative term, so some controversy may occur. But we love getting your feedback on such things, stuff you love, stuff you hate, etc.
Old 03/03/2010   #26
Cat Rage Room

Two things: To those who've already sent me stuff, yes, I've got it, and no, I didn't forget about you. I'm still trying to put this all together, so bear with me here, please! We still actually have to code the site to have a section for user generated content.

Also to add on to what Tentacle Man said; yeah, quality is definitely key. The better your stuff, the more exposure it's going to get. Everyone is encouraged to submit whatever you got, but put your heart into it!
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2010   #27
The Mad King

Not to be pushy or anything, but do we have an idea how long it will be before we have a section for user-generated content?
Old 03/07/2010   #28
Cthulhu

I've got a gallery setup for that kinda thing, but it's halfway styled right now. I can put the default style back and give permissions to anyone that would like to manage it, but I probably won't be able to style it this month - moving and such.