The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

View Poll Results: The one he lives with or the dead one?
Living 96 88.89%
Dead 12 11.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/09/2010   #5476
Vendel

Isabella wrote: I think it's about Zack being a womanizing whore and Cloud being an asexual virgin. Something along those lines.
Hey...Tifa is also a whore right? Her and Zack are perfect for each other!

Cloud on the other hand doesn't want to feel a woman unless she is inside him.
Thanked by 3:
Fairheartstrife (03/09/2010), T@ctic (06/18/2018), Tifaeria (03/12/2010)
Old 03/09/2010   #5477
Isabella

Zack and Tifa are star-crossed lovers, you know. Certainly more than Zack and Aerith could ever be.
Old 03/10/2010   #5478
jelly

Ryushikaze wrote: Don't forget the C/T argument that C/T folks never seem to use and which begs the C/A question anyways
I couldn't help but think you were referring to my thread at TFC. :p

Anyways, I'm wondering why other people debate about the LT. How many of you actually like Cloti or do you just like what's canon? If Cloti wasn't canon would you not like it anymore? I thought Quexinos' proposed sig. pic was funny and cute, but I was just wondering. ^^

As for Cleriths.. I don't know, it seems like they keep saying there's nothing that's canon, but they keep trying to show merchandise, commercials and sayings from Japanese people as if Japanese people liking a pair makes it more canon.

Also, I want to know if there's anyone else besides me and TresDias who thought it leaned more toward CloudxAerith before the compilation. I didn't think Cloud and Tifa had sex, let alone confirmed anything. So I wasn't really convinced until I saw that scan. Even then, I still don't think they had sex. lol And I still don't think they were sharing a room either when Tifa asked, "Do you love me?"

I think Cleriths have a point that until the creators directly say it, this is never going to be over. I'm not disagreeing with most Clotis' interpretation of that scan. But I know that if there's a remake or another spin-off they're more likely going to tweak and pull some strings again. There's a reason why that pretty much everything Cloud says in Dissidia doesn't make sense. When he says, "No thanks. The one I really want to meet is.." they don't make him finish on purpose so both Clotis and Cleriths can bicker over it.

Anyways, that's just what I think.
Old 03/10/2010   #5479
The Pyro

If they weren't sharing a room, then why was Tifa there watching him sleep when she asked the infamous "Do you love me?" question? Is she, indeed, the creepy bitch who sneaks into Cloud's room at night uninvited to watch him sleep and ask creepy questions? Cause that isn't something I see from Tifa's character, like at all.

Yeah, I got more to brag about than ever...
Old 03/10/2010   #5480
jelly

No, of course I don't think Tifa is a creepy bitch. ^^

I always imagined that he was taking a nap on the sofa or something and she was just walking by. :p

There's little to no context describing that part. So I think it was another gimmick to rile people up. :3
Old 03/10/2010   #5481
Ryushikaze

jelly wrote: I couldn't help but think you were referring to my thread at TFC. :p
No no, I'm specifically referring to a recent little screed by FFG where she talks about the 'C/T version of events' in which Cloud is still in love with Aerith and runs off to be with her in AC. It's longer and full of long and epic fail, but that's the short version of it.

Anyways, I'm wondering why other people debate about the LT. How many of you actually like Cloti or do you just like what's canon?
Irrelevant. I like what I like, but I note what it canon. I do not like that Greedo shot noticably first in SWIVSE, but he did, and I note that. I also notice he shot less noticably first, and Han didn't fire 'in response' in the reremaster, and I like that better.

If Cloti wasn't canon would you not like it anymore? I thought Quexinos' proposed sig. pic was funny and cute, but I was just wondering. ^^
As we've said time and again, none of this is about 'liking' the pair. Liking it and it being true are unrelated concepts.

As for Cleriths.. I don't know, it seems like they keep saying there's nothing that's canon, but they keep trying to show merchandise, commercials and sayings from Japanese people as if Japanese people liking a pair makes it more canon.
Saying different things out of opposite sides of their mouth. What else is new?

Also, I want to know if there's anyone else besides me and TresDias who thought it leaned more toward CloudxAerith before the compilation. I didn't think Cloud and Tifa had sex, let alone confirmed anything. So I wasn't really convinced until I saw that scan. Even then, I still don't think they had sex. lol And I still don't think they were sharing a room either when Tifa asked, "Do you love me?"
Despite sharing a room being the general expectation of fictional couples, even ones going through rough patches in their relationships?

I think Cleriths have a point that until the creators directly say it, this is never going to be over. I'm not disagreeing with most Clotis' interpretation of that scan. But I know that if there's a remake or another spin-off they're more likely going to tweak and pull some strings again. There's a reason why that pretty much everything Cloud says in Dissidia doesn't make sense. When he says, "No thanks. The one I really want to meet is.."[FONT=verdana,arial][SIZE=2] they don't make him finish on purpose so both Clotis and Cleriths can bicker over it.
Or because it's not relevant to the story. Because it's dealt with in its own story, much like how Cecil and Golby raise plot threads not concluded til FFIV:TA

jelly wrote: No, of course I don't think Tifa is a creepy bitch. ^^

I always imagined that he was taking a nap on the sofa or something and she was just walking by. :p

There's little to no context describing that part. So I think it was another gimmick to rile people up. :3
'Tifa waited until Cloud was asleep' implies late at night, after he has fallen asleep where he normally does. As does the 'even if she waited' etc.
Thanked by 4:
Celes Chere (03/10/2010), T@ctic (06/18/2018), The Pyro (03/10/2010), Tifaeria (03/12/2010)
Old 03/10/2010   #5482
The Pyro

^This.

Yeah, I got more to brag about than ever...
Old 03/10/2010   #5483
jelly

Ryushikaze wrote: No no, I'm specifically referring to a recent little screed by FFG where she talks about the 'C/T version of events' in which Cloud is still in love with Aerith and runs off to be with her in AC. It's longer and full of long and epic fail, but that's the short version of it.
Oh ok, ^^;

Irrelevant. I like what I like, but I note what it canon. I do not like that Greedo shot noticably first in SWIVSE, but he did, and I note that. I also notice he shot less noticably first, and Han didn't fire 'in response' in the reremaster, and I like that better.
I know it's irrelevant when debating about TxCxA. I was just wondering. (:

Despite sharing a room being the general expectation of fictional couples, even ones going through rough patches in their relationships?
I agree that it's weird for couples to not share a room. But the only time where it's explicitly stated who Tifa shares a room with is when it mentions Marlene. Some people think that after Barret left, Cloud moved in Tifa's room and then Marlene had her own room. And I get the idea of sharing rooms because it's kind of crowded with 4 people. But why didn't Cloud and Tifa always share a room and have Marlene in her own room even before Barret left?

Or because it's not relevant to the story. Because it's dealt with in its own story, much like how Cecil and Golby raise plot threads not concluded til FFIV:TA
I don't know what FFIV:TA is. xD; Well if you're implying that it takes place before FF7, then I wouldn't understand why they would put the bit about Cloud wanting forgiveness and the flower field and things like that. And yeah, I know that Aerith means flowers but not all flowers mean Aerith. But it looks the same in the movie. :\ I'll admit right now that I haven't played Dissidia. So I don't have a strong opinion on who Cloud wanted to see. I was just saying the creators like to make it vague on purpose.

'Tifa waited until Cloud was asleep' implies late at night, after he has fallen asleep where he normally does. As does the 'even if she waited' etc.
Hmm, I don't think it would be weird if Tifa waited for him to fall asleep during his nap... And I don't remember it saying that he fell asleep where he normally does. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 03/10/2010   #5484
Dashell

What's this "Which girlfriend did Zack plan to ask for help" quote?
From here?

(Zack's info, p.83)

“Zack loves women, a real lady’s man” Like what Aerith recalled in FF7, Zack is very good at hitting on girls, and is skilled at flirting. In BC, he used to compliment a female member of Turks during a mission; in CC, he also invited Cessnei, a member from Turks, to dine together. Since “one who steals an egg will steal an ox”, Zack’s girlfriend, Aerith, maybe felt impatient about this….?

*caption:
1. On the way of escape to Midgar, which girlfriend did he plan to ask help for?
2. In chap.8 of BC, during the mission in Iceburg, Zack praised a female member of Turk. (ps:He's saying "Yuko is more beautiful!" in this graphic...

I was told that no official source ever said Zack flirted with other girls, so what's this?
Old 03/10/2010   #5485
Celes Chere

OMG proof Zack is a cheating bastard. Deep in my heart, I knew it was true. /eye roll goes here/
Old 03/10/2010   #5486
Dashell

Just to clarify with someone who played the game, he asked Cissnei out BEFORE he met Aerith, correct? What about the female turk?

OMG proof Zack is a cheating bastard. Deep in my heart, I knew it was true. /eye roll goes here/
Yeah stop that, I was asking a question. I' not saying "OMG ZACK IS SCUM!" I want to clarify the information because I'm tired of people saying Zack is a jerk and what not.

Last edited by Dashell; 03/10/2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03/10/2010   #5487
jelly

I don't know anything about BC. But hopefully this might have a clearer translation for you.

"A guy who loves girls a lot" - That was what Aerith reflected on in FFVII, that Zack had a flirtatious streak, and was experienced in the treatment of the fairer sex. In BC, he gave compliments enough to set one's teeth on edge to a female Turk member who was together with him on the same mission. As expected, there was a scene whereby he invited Cissnei, a young lady from the Turks, to a meal in CC. As a result of being able to surmise everything from each small deed, Aerith, who was in love with Zack, might perhaps have been jealous many times seeing all that...

(under FFVII SC)Fleeing towards Midgar, means intending to be under the care of one of his many girlfriends?

(under BC SC)Zack who was complimenting female Turk who had become his partner during Chapter 8 of BC, surprising her.
This is from http://ultimania.ff7compilation.net/profile/zack.php
Old 03/10/2010   #5488
Dashell

Hmm... okay thanks but... did he "flirt" with the female turk before or after he met Aerith?
Old 03/10/2010   #5489
Celes Chere

Dude... it was a joke.. chill out.
Old 03/10/2010   #5490
Dashell

... what?

(11:52:44 PM) Everybody'sGrudge: Ack, Estelle said a swear!
(11:52:50 PM) Everybody'sGrudge: To you!
I don't see any swearing. I demand you swear

Sorry I guess you weren't saying that to me but about the text, I get it, my bad
I really didn't mean to sound assholeish though

Last edited by Dashell; 03/10/2010 at 04:57 AM.