The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

View Poll Results: The one he lives with or the dead one?
Living 96 88.89%
Dead 12 11.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/20/2010   #5731
Dashell

After the lifestream event, Cloud seemed pretty full of confidence and cool to me. He finally accept himself for who he was and what not.

is that the one where he has the nightmare about being married to Helga? I don't remember the other one though. But using a love where one is oblivious to the other and comparing it to Zerith is odd to say the least.
Arnold isn't oblivious though, and my point is that they were young so it wasn't true love yet... or something
Thanked by:
The Pyro (03/20/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5732
ShuShu

You aren't being clear, I think Tenny was the first one to point that out, and rather than make yourself clear you got defensive.
I wasnt defensive, I just believed myself to be very clear, and still do.

You are jumping to contradiction and stating things like "Exposing contridictions by SE on Zack and Aerith's relationship" before you attempt to see how these things connect and work together. Perhaps it's how bold you were in implying that there was this major contradiction rather than asking your questions first and then deciding whether or not a contradiction had been made.
I wasnt trying to be bold so much as explain what I was arguing. Lol. Which wasnt what you were implying. I dont like the wrong image of what I say to be spread either, and despite constantly saying im not trying to say Zerith is baseless, you argued with me as if I was.
Old 03/20/2010   #5733
Celes Chere

Ever seen Hey Arnold? Arnold and Helga love each other, but they're just kids so their love hasn't fully developed yet...
Thanked by 4:
Alessa Gillespie (03/20/2010), Chloe Frazer (03/20/2010), Strangelove (03/20/2010), Tifaeria (03/24/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5734
Dashell

Hope Estheim wrote:
You act like you expected something else from me
Old 03/20/2010   #5735
Isabella

Quexinos wrote: ...

Okay I'm sorry, what?
MoTP in five easy steps!

1. Aerith waxes poetic on the "cool, confident, heroic" Cloud she loves.
2. Aerith thinks about the things she loves about Cloud. Zack awakens, recognizing himself.
3. Aerith watches C/T in the lifestream and sees the whole picture, including her previous misunderstanding of who he is.
4. Aerith gives them her blessing.
5. Aerith and Zack participate in a little playful verbal sparring, which, if you've seen their scenes in CC, you know isn't unusual for them.
Thanked by 8:
Celes Chere (03/20/2010), Chloe Frazer (03/20/2010), Eerie (03/20/2010), Madame Mayor (03/20/2010), Shadowfox (03/20/2010), T@ctic (06/19/2018), Tennyo (03/20/2010), Tifaeria (03/24/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5736
Dashell

Okay so you're asking why I'm using the "She loved him more than her first love..." thing to prove my point, right?

3. Aerith watches C/T in the lifestream and sees the whole picture, including her previous misunderstanding of who he is.
Didn't she also say she preferred Cloud's simple awkwardness to Zack's outgoingness or whatever after this event, though?

4. Aerith gives them her blessing.
TO MAKE SAMMICHES!

5. Aerith and Zack participate in a little playful verbal sparring, which, if you've seen their scenes in CC, you know isn't unusual for them.
In CC I don't recall her saying things like "I prefer Cloud's X to your Y" (and yes I know she didn't know Cloud, that's not the point) or "I'll only call you if I get really lonely."
That doesn't sound like love to me... I seem to recall things more along the lines of hugging and thanking between Aerith and Zack in CC.

Last edited by Dashell; 03/20/2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03/20/2010   #5737
Isabella

"I'll only call you if I get really lonely."
Do you think it's more likely she said this to poke fun at him, or that she was completely sincere? Is it like Aerith to be so mean? And, let's not forget, she does call him later.
Thanked by 6:
Celes Chere (03/20/2010), Chloe Frazer (03/20/2010), Madame Mayor (03/20/2010), Shadowfox (03/20/2010), T@ctic (06/19/2018), Tifaeria (03/24/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5738
ShuShu

MotP is way more Zerith friendly than ColW. Its got that much.

It doesnt really solidify anything , like a reformed relationship unless Zacks line at the final was kicking at something. Which it had to be there for some reason.

Before I'm misunderstood. Solidify as in there was no "I was wrong I love YOU Zack" or anything of that sort.

Last edited by ShuShu; 03/20/2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03/20/2010   #5739
Madame Mayor

ShuShu wrote: I wasnt defensive, I just believed myself to be very clear, and still do.
Whether you are being clear or not would be the person listening, or in this case, reading's perspective, not yours.

Also replying to someone telling you they are confused with your train of thought followed with "I thought I was being clear" rather than just explaining yourself sounds defensive.

I wasnt trying to be bold so much as explain what I was arguing. Lol. Which wasnt what you were implying.
I was implying you were jumping to the conclusion that there were contradictions, nothing more.

I dont like the wrong image of what I say to be spread either, and despite constantly saying im not trying to say Zerith is baseless, you argued with me as if I was.
I argued with what I stated above. I said that it 'appeared' that you were doing this out of some desire for Zerith to be baseless, because that's generally how this all works. If that isn't what you are doing then that's fine but it doesn't change that it's how you initially, at least to me, were presenting yourself.
Old 03/20/2010   #5740
Isabella

It doesnt really solidify anything , like a reformed relationship unless Zacks line at the final was kicking at something. Which it had to be there for some reason.
I don't think there's any reformed relationship. They're both dead. Dead people can't continue relationships as if nothing happened.
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (03/20/2010), Eerie (03/20/2010), ShuShu (03/20/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5741
ShuShu

Also replying to someone telling you they are confused with your train of thought followed with "I thought I was being clear" rather than just explaining yourself sounds defensive.
But I *DID* explain myself. And was quite clear. In fact, other people understood just fine so the 'other people see it to' goes both ways,

I argued with what I stated above. I said that it 'appeared' that you were doing this out of some desire for Zerith to be baseless, because that's generally how this all works. If that isn't what you are doing then that's fine but it doesn't change that it's how you initially, at least to me, were presenting yourself.
Misunderstanding me is your own fault, not my own. Implying otherwise is sort of odd. Especially since I posted direct opposite statements to what you were arguing before you even retorted. Like not trying to disprove Zerith.

Edit- Agreed Isabella.
Old 03/20/2010   #5742
Madame Mayor

Isabella wrote: I don't think there's any reformed relationship. They're both dead. Dead people can't continue relationships as if nothing happened.
I believe there was probably some peace to be had by Aerith finally knowing the truth, and maybe they compared notes a bit on what had happened, but beyond that they aren't continuing a relationship together in the lifestream. If they could there would be no point to death at all in FFVII, and we all know that's one of the major themes of the game and movie.
Thanked by:
Dashell (03/20/2010)
Old 03/20/2010   #5743
Dashell

Isabella wrote: Do you think it's more likely she said this to poke fun at him, or that she was completely sincere? Is it like Aerith to be so mean? And, let's not forget, she does call him later.
I don't think it's really either... I mean she's joking around sure, but that's an odd thing to say to your one true love after not seeing him for so long, don't you think?
Old 03/20/2010   #5744
Isabella

that's an odd thing to say to your one true love after not seeing him for so long, don't you think?
Isn't she also playful with Cloud the first time she sees him in AC?
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (03/20/2010), Madame Mayor (03/20/2010), T@ctic (06/19/2018)
Old 03/20/2010   #5745
Dashell

Not nearly to the same extent. "I don't want to see you again unless I get really lonely" which ... implies what it says I think... is quite different from "Who do you want to be forgiven by?" which means "no one is angry so why do you want to be forgiven"