The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

View Poll Results: The one he lives with or the dead one?
Living 96 88.89%
Dead 12 11.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/31/2010   #6046
Tennyo

Quexinos wrote: To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC
And they refuse to do to the lack of Clerith, am I right?
Old 03/31/2010   #6047
Son Goku

DrakeClawfang wrote: It took me two hours called "ACC". But then, perhaps I'm not a "true" Clerith. ;p
To be honest until 3 months ago i thought cloud loved Aerith (although I like Tifa) and didn`t even now there is a debate about it. Then I saw something on Wikipedia … but that’s a long story…
Only this: One of the first sites I was on was clerith dot com and despite having a few good points it mainly caused me headaches (illogical argumentation does that to me sometimes). So I went on searching for the truth…

Ryushikaze wrote: Oh, trust me, we're not upset or emotional. It's just hilarious.
First off: I meant “…, there is no point in getting upset or too emotional about it.” in general.
I don`t remember seeing someone here getting too emotional (at least not that far getting completely illogical/insane).
But I can imagine you feeling happy after putting a hard work in searching, finding, translating and presenting real evidence/facts and then getting angry when someone with “dysfunctional logic” deny everything with “stupid arguments” like “desire for rejection”, ”it was about rejection” or there is another version stated on another site and so on. Sometimes you feel happy, sometimes angry, am I wrong? It`s all part of the joy as long as one does not exaggerate it.
And you`re right it is hilarious! Now they want Cloud to die, because he is not supposed to have a long happy life and should be united with Aerith already.
In the same time it`s kind a scary! What if they think about real life Couples the same way and try “helping” them getting united again?

FFVII is not a Love Story? What are we talking about then?
Ok it`s not. But I think Love is an important part of the Story, it triggered “heavy” decisions at least.
Old 03/31/2010   #6048
Madame Mayor

The Promise wrote: FFVII is not a Love Story? What are we talking about then?
Ok it`s not. But I think Love is an important part of the Story, it triggered “heavy” decisions at least.
Pretty much. What they mean is just that FFVII's main plot isn't about who Cloud wants in his pants Zack. However, it is a part of the plot, and Cloud's love for Tifa and vice versa is a huge part of their individual stories.
Thanked by:
T@ctic (06/19/2018)
Old 04/01/2010   #6049
Celes Chere

And Aerith didn't sense his death, no no. She sensed Cloud's scream!
OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument?

To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC
Then maybe they shouldn't dive into a conversation when they know nothing about the subject matter? Lol.
Thanked by 2:
Fairheartstrife (04/07/2010), Makoeyes987 (04/01/2010)
Old 04/01/2010   #6050
Dashell

OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument?
ROFL well he did scream pretty loud XD
That reminds me of the joke in cartoons where like someone will scream and it'll show a shot of the world and you can hear the scream all around the world
Thanked by 10:
Celes Chere (04/01/2010), Chloe Frazer (04/01/2010), Elisa Maza (01/08/2011), Fairheartstrife (04/07/2010), Kikyou (04/01/2010), Makoeyes987 (04/01/2010), T@ctic (06/19/2018), Tennyo (04/01/2010), The Twilight Mexican (04/01/2010), Tifaeria (04/02/2010)
Old 04/01/2010   #6051
Son Goku
Default example

Francis wrote: Pretty much. What they mean is just that FFVII's main plot isn't about who Cloud wants in his pants Zack. However, it is a part of the plot, and Cloud's love for Tifa and vice versa is a huge part of their individual stories.
For example:
If Cloud didn`t fell in Love with Tifa and therefore didn`t decided to go out there with the goal of becoming a "big time" SOLDIER, to being able to protect and also to impress her (and probably win her heart).
What would have happened?
Probably Cloud would have stayed a normal guy and in the Nibelheim incident Sephiroth would kill them all (Cloud, Tifa, Zack and the rest) and
tyrannized the world.
Who was gonna save the world then? Johnny? Mukki?
That was what i meant.
Thanked by 2:
Elisa Maza (01/08/2011), T@ctic (06/19/2018)
Old 04/01/2010   #6052
Isabella

Hope Estheim wrote: OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument?
Yes, they have. When CC first came out and we started seeing clips from the ending, I saw a few of them saying stuff like this.

Apparently their love is so powerful that they sense each other's pain before they even met.
Thanked by 2:
Fairheartstrife (04/07/2010), The Twilight Mexican (04/01/2010)
Old 04/01/2010   #6053
Celes Chere

Please tell me that's an early April Fool's joke, Isa. xD
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/01/2010)
Old 04/01/2010   #6054
Isabella

Wish I could. But, C/A have this otherworldly connection, you see.

In fairness though, I haven't seen this argument since the English version of CC came out. I think it was just their first impression upon seeing the scene.

Remember they're looking through special glasses. Every compilation scene, quote, etc., is viewed through a lens of "how can this support our cause?", rather than taken at face value.
Old 04/01/2010   #6055
The Mad King

Isabella wrote: Yes, they have. When CC first came out and we started seeing clips from the ending, I saw a few of them saying stuff like this.

Apparently their love is so powerful that they sense each other's pain before they even met.
If this statement is not an April Fools joke then I'm not sure what I'll do.
Old 04/01/2010   #6056
KissTheRain

Welll, yeah didn't everybody see it this way? /:

crawl into your shivers;
and let go of yourself
Thanked by:
Old 04/01/2010   #6057
Tennyo

@ Aerith looking up at Cloud's scream:

People argued this after seeing one of the trailers, I think before the Japanese version even came out. One of the trailers is edited to in a way where Cloud screams, and the sound of his scream was carried over into the shot of Aerith looking up.

It was a mad grab at straws to try to get us to see this new "proof."

Then the English version came out and we all realized what was really going on (and that Aerith looked up long before Cloud screamed ).
Old 04/01/2010   #6058
Ryushikaze

Quexinos wrote: To be fair, the ones who say this haven't played CC
So...the loudest ones?

Hope Estheim wrote: OMG, I know your post is poking fun, but has anyone ever actually used that argument?
YES.

Then maybe they shouldn't dive into a conversation when they know nothing about the subject matter? Lol.
But then they wouldn't be Pinkers.

Isabella wrote: Wish I could. But, C/A have this otherworldly connection, you see.

In fairness though, I haven't seen this argument since the English version of CC came out. I think it was just their first impression upon seeing the scene.
It's died down, but it's not gone.

Remember they're looking through special glasses. Every compilation scene, quote, etc., is viewed through a lens of "how can this support our cause?", rather than taken at face value.
Not all of them. Some of them are seen through the lense of 'how can we make this so it's not in favor of the other guys,' which is even funnier sometimes.

Last edited by Ryushikaze; 04/01/2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04/01/2010   #6059
Winter

Vendel wrote: So.....Aerith?
Sazh Katzroy wrote: Yeah that kinda fits Aerith better

HaAHA OH WOW

yeah, no. Good job BADLY misinterpreting Aerith's character and role in the story.

you guys are just as bad as CxA sometimes, I swear. Just because you have snark doesn't make saying shit like this less retarded.

(SPOILER) i am in a bad mood, it's nothing personal you guys.

Cause even though you got all these highfalutin morals and fancy reserv8tions, you know as well as me that a killer is a killer is a killer!
Thanked by:
Zee (04/02/2010)
Old 04/01/2010   #6060
Vendel

Hope's Mom wrote: HaAHA OH WOW

yeah, no. Good job BADLY misinterpreting Aerith's character and role in the story.

you guys are just as bad as CxA sometimes, I swear. Just because you have snark doesn't make saying shit like this less retarded.
It fits Aerith better than Tifa.

Aerith was the one who wouldn't let Cloud escape her. And inserted herself in his business.