The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Compilation General

Compilation General Discussions on the entire timeline of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII not limited to a single title, including the tie-ins from Final Fantasy X, and speculation on future content.

View Poll Results: What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?
It's awesome 9 19.57%
So so 16 34.78%
It sucks 16 34.78%
Maiden of the who? 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/15/2010   #91
ForceStealer

No I mean like an official writer for video game stuff. But wait, does he work for THhe Ultimania-making company, or Square?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010   #92
Dashell

I know, Im giving you shit
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010   #93
crack

Quexinos wrote: BTW at what part does Aerith seem OOC to people?
I found Aerith and Zack's reunion and conversation awkward and indifferent.
Old 05/15/2010   #94
The Twilight Mexican

Atem wrote: Tres did, and does. I didn't.
Did. I don't think I've said anything to indicate a present progressive tense.

hito wrote: Yeah, mine is from the first print run and says 7th May as its date of publication. So unless they pushed the release date forward or something, then it does look like it was released in May.

Edit; actually, now I INVESTIGATE, its release was (at least initially) listed for April? Which doesn't make sense with the date in the book.

http://www.bent.co.jp/main/news/20090331C.htm

Edit; Amazon gives the same date for the release as well (16th April).
Eh, either way, the release dates were simultaneous at worst.
Old 05/15/2010   #95
ForceStealer

Omnislash being Zack's move seemed a little forced. But i realize it could just be him being goofy and pretending to try to impress her.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Old 05/15/2010   #96
null

Well it's a close race between sucks and so-so but I'm calling it now anyway. The peoples have spoken: Maiden is awful. It fucking sucks, it sucking fucks, it fucking blows, it's a piece of shit... and I don't like it.
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Fairheartstrife (05/16/2010), Makoeyes987 (05/15/2010), Tifaeria (05/17/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #97
Dashell

So like wanna say WHY it sucks?
Old 05/15/2010   #98
Pixel

Shizuo Heiwajima wrote: I found Aerith and Zack's reunion and conversation awkward and indifferent.
Yeah, when i was editting their conversation together, it seemed really awkward. I dont think Benny got the dynamic right. The lines should be more playful. Other than the revelation that they both know Cloud, Aeriths lines seem kinda dispondant... dont know if thats the right word
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Makoeyes987 (05/15/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #99
null

Quexinos wrote: So like wanna say WHY it sucks?
I suppose I could indulge your machinations of forever extending threads. Like I said before, the story is mediocre, pointless fluff. The plot neither creates nor resolves any meaningful story arcs. It just rehashes the original FF7 plot from Aerith's POV, along with chapter-long interviews with minor NPCs no one gives a shit about. The narrative at best could be described as meandering; the prose includes runny egg metaphors whose negative impact on the author's credibility can't be excused by translation.

The entire premise, "let's follow Aerith behind the scenes", is shit. She's dead. Killing her was a bold and artistic move, her sudden absence intended to have a profound effect on the player. Giving her a post-mortem story completely invalidates the point of her death. Quit straddling the fence, either appease her fans by wishing her ass back with a dragonball, or respect the original story by letting her RIP.

In summary: functionless art is tolerated vandalism.
Thanked by 6:
Dark and Divine (05/16/2010), Fairheartstrife (05/16/2010), looneymoon (05/15/2010), Makoeyes987 (05/15/2010), Strangelove (05/15/2010), Tifaeria (05/17/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #100
ForceStealer

John Marston wrote: functionless art is tolerated vandalism.
lol, I really like this.

Thanked by 3:
LicoriceAllsorts (05/15/2010), looneymoon (05/15/2010), The Twilight Mexican (11/03/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #101
null

I got that off a Type O Negative album cover.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/03/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #102
ForceStealer

Aw damn, I was impressed.

Thanked by:
Old 05/15/2010   #103
Isabella

John Marston wrote: I suppose I could indulge your machinations of forever extending threads. Like I said before, the story is mediocre, pointless fluff. The plot neither creates nor resolves any meaningful story arcs. It just rehashes the original FF7 plot from Aerith's POV, along with chapter-long interviews with minor NPCs no one gives a shit about. The narrative at best could be described as meandering; the prose includes runny egg metaphors whose negative impact on the author's credibility can't be excused by translation.

The entire premise, "let's follow Aerith behind the scenes", is shit. She's dead. Killing her was a bold and artistic move, her sudden absence intended to have a profound effect on the player. Giving her a post-mortem story completely invalidates the point of her death. Quit straddling the fence, either appease her fans by wishing her ass back with a dragonball, or respect the original story by letting her RIP.

In summary: functionless art is tolerated vandalism.
Epic post, my friend. This amateurish fanfic makes Twilight look like a masterpiece.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Makoeyes987 (05/15/2010), null (05/15/2010), Tifaeria (05/17/2010)
Old 05/15/2010   #104
Ryushikaze

The Unconditionally-and-Irrevocably-in-Love Bella Swan wrote: That's not even a good comparison. It'd be like having two versions of the scene where Han didn't fire, and, instead, Greedo's shot bounced off something and came back and hit him in the head.
Trust me, Han shooting first IS the Nibleheim of Star Wars.

He apparently can't put two and two together in the new continuity imposed by BC. Fuck, at the very least, he knows a terrorist organization that isn't Shin-Ra was attacking, which means he knows the shit wasn't an accident as he claimed to be the case in the original FFVII.
Actually, all he was told was that people were trying to stop construction. And what he says in FF7 was
Barret
"There was an explosion at a reactor."
"Shinra blamed the accident on the people. Said it was done by a
rebel faction."

Given ShinRa slaughtering everyone he ever knew, even though AVALANCHE was there, A: Barret thought they were supposed to be there and thus were probably members of ShinRa, and B: unlikely to believe their stories, even if true.

I didn't really get the impression they blamed Sector 7. More that they were that desperate.
It's not that they 'blame' Sector 7, but that AVALANCHE was in Sec 7. If they thought AVALANCHE was in Corel, that explains why they killed everyone.

She goes into the shrine for three years. That's what happens after the ceremony, and it's mentioned in the Episode. You just missed it, I guess.
The only mention of 'three' in the episode is that the main character has been out cold for three years. Seriously, nothing in the Shotgun Romance episode script mentions any sealing of Dinne.

I can't believe the excuses you guys are making for this tripe. How about the kid she couldn't carry?
I figured she was just getting exhausted by that point. And the kid was her age and probably weighed more than she did, actually.

Even were that the case, it would have come out the same time as the OtWtaS book.

In any event, the publication date in the book itself says May 7th.
In either case, I can actually understand why they aren't in the new Ultimania. Protecting the profit margin. Wanna know what happens in the new OTWTAS? Buy it. It ain't in the new Ultimania!

Only in that case we don't know that he actually talked about it (he was kind of ashamed of it, ya know). And we don't have reason to believe that Bugenhagen was playing along every time, pretending like some stupid fuck.
Idunno, I can definitely get behind Bugenhagen teasing him. He is always laughing in that bizarre ass way.
Old 05/15/2010   #105
Dashell

He did the EXACT SAME THING about his DAD. It's par for course.
No he didn't. As soon as he found out Nanaki thought his dad was a failure, he brought Nanaki to see him.
Thanked by: