The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive

TLS Archive Wherein we find the best threads of TLS' history, plus old stuff that isn't being used anymore.

View Poll Results: What is the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII?
The DC ending with Vincent and Lucrecia in the cave 1 0.97%
The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital 19 18.45%
Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim 4 3.88%
Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory in the Lifestream 5 4.85%
Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword 37 35.92%
Cloud snowboarding through the Gaea's Cliffs 0 0%
Cloud and the others meeting Vincent the first time and him speaking of Lucrecia 0 0%
The crossdressing escapade in Wall Market 1 0.97%
The final battle in FFVII between Cloud and Sephiroth in the Lifestream 2 1.94%
The firing of the Sister Ray while it's hooked up to Midgar, killing Diamond WEAPON. 3 2.91%
The final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth as shown in ACC. 7 6.80%
Sephiroth's revival in ACC. 3 2.91%
Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC. 11 10.68%
The Kalm Flashback battle with Cloud and Sephiroth, where they both fought the green dragon. 1 0.97%
The scene where Barret watches Dyne commit suicide in the Corel Prison. 0 0%
Red XIII learns the truth about his father in Cosmos Canyon and sees Seto cry tears while petrified. 2 1.94%
The ending of FFVII where Red XIII appears 500 years later with two cubs looking on a Midgar. 3 2.91%
Cid and the others finally launch into space and save the Huge Materia from the rocket. 1 0.97%
The rescue of Aerith from the top floors of the Shinra Building. 1 0.97%
The scene where everyone returns to the Highwind after being ordered to determine a reason to fight. 1 0.97%
Cloud falling from the No. 5 Reactor and crashing through the roof into Aerith's church. 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10/19/2009   #1
Makoeyes987
Default Vote for the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII.

Well now that nominations are done, and I've made the post on the front page. It's now time to start the voting for each nominated moment from the Compilation of FFVII.

So vote and discuss. Although that's not necessary. We just need the vote. This will stay up for a week, unless we don't have enough votes, in which case, i'll stay open longer. But for now, it'll be up a week.

And please, no sockpuppets, dupes, etc to try and make your moment win. We'll know, and those who abuse it will have all their votes thrown out, and face warnings. Let's all keep it fair.
Old 10/19/2009   #2
Makoeyes987

Oh, and just to clarify, I don't think there's any problem for anyone voting for their own event if they so choose.
Old 10/19/2009   #3
DrakeClawfang

Like we need a poll, we know what will win. I'll call it here though - Aerith's death.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
Old 10/19/2009   #4
Makoeyes987

LOL you sure? Well, I guess we'll see?
Old 10/19/2009   #5
aniron

I voted for Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword.

The only scene in the Compilation that made me cry, it was truly powerful, so yeah... xd;
Old 10/19/2009   #6
Cthulhu

DrakeClawfang wrote: Like we need a poll, we know what will win. I'll call it here though - Aerith's death.
I yawned at that scene. And besides, it's been regurgitated so often, it's no longer funny.

Personally, I found the final fight scene in AC more involving. Now I have to see if it's in the list, .
Old 10/19/2009   #7
Makoeyes987

Cthulhu wrote: I yawned at that scene. And besides, it's been regurgitated so often, it's no longer funny.

Personally, I found the final fight scene in AC more involving. Now I have to see if it's in the list, .
It is. That was Quexinos's nomination, and I voted for it too. Good man!
Old 10/19/2009   #8
Omega

DrakeClawfang wrote: Like we need a poll, we know what will win. I'll call it here though - Aerith's death.
Aeris dies?
Old 10/19/2009   #9
Cthulhu

Tai Kaliso wrote: Aeris dies?
DUN DUN DUNNN!
Old 10/19/2009   #10
Omega

OMFG SPOILER YOU BASTARD
Old 10/19/2009   #11
Cetra29

Drake says the truth. Even people who have never enjoyed the epicness of Final Fantasy VII know the tragic death of Aerith.

Sure - the Crisis Core when Sephiroth becomes the main antagonist, the moment when Vincent says "Lucrecia...Sephiroth's dead." because the old Sephiroth Anakin-like dead and became Vader-like the villain Sephiroth (and of course because Vincent didn't want her to worry about Sephiroth anymore), the firework scene when Aerith says "Cloud...I want to meet you." or Cait Sith's "That's not fair. Poor Tifa...Cloud's star and Aerith's star!" - all this is epic. But nothing is as famous as the moment when Aerith dies in Cloud's arms because of Sephiroth's judgment.
Old 10/19/2009   #12
Shadow-of-Seven

Out of every scene, the only one I cried for was when Zack died. Some games that are so damned good in my mind make my connection with the character even deeper, and now whenever I beat CC for NG+, I always cry at the very end...no matter whether it may seem like I'm weak-willed, weak-hearted, or whatever...that's right up there at the top with moments in video games where I had to shed some tears.
Old 10/19/2009   #13
Vendel

The only scene that makes this man among men mist up is when Nanaki learns the true story of his father. Manly tears might be shed if I am drunk.
Old 10/19/2009   #14
Dark and Divine

I voted for Sephiroth's revival in ACC, though i'm not expecting it to make it to the Top 10.

That said, the moment that i want to win is the final batte in ACC.
Old 10/19/2009   #15
Omega

Quick suggestion - reorganize into chronological order y/n?