The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 11/29/2009   #1
DrakeClawfang
Default FFX Question

I just finished FFX for the second time, and something occurs to me. (SPOILER) I get that they need to kill Jecht so Yu Yevon has to seek a new Aeon to control, but why does Yuna have to call all of her Aeons and deliberately supply him with hosts? I remember her mentioning if she summons an Aeon, he'll possess it, but no where did I hear anything explaining what's forcing her to summon them. She basically feeds her Aeons to him one by one and I don't really understand why. Did I miss something, can someone explain this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
DrakeClawfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #2
Tetsujin

I was kinda wondering myself when I finished it again yesterday.

If she doesn't summon them, they don't need to be sacrificed, right?
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #3
DrakeClawfang

Exactly. So WTF?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
DrakeClawfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #4
Tetsujin

Let's wait for Mako for some answers, since I'm guessing he memorized the Ultimania and has some nerdy knowledge to enlighten us with.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Strangelove (11/29/2009)
Old 11/29/2009   #5
Cthulhu

The final battle would be VERY disappointing (instead of just disappointing) if that wasn't the case.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #6
Makoeyes987

As long as aeons existed in the world of Spira, Yu Yevon would find them and possess them. The Fayth wanted to be put to rest and stop dreaming. The only way to release them and allow them to find peace was to dispatch the aeons, and allow them to finally die, and no longer manifest in the world. That's why you have to dispatch each one. And that's why they asked Yuna to promise to call on them during the final battle and allow them to cease dreaming.

When you scan or sensor them, they'll even tell you that they wish to rest and die. Or give you parting words of farewell.

But if Yuna had killed Jecht, and not thought to destroy the other aeons at all, Yevon would have found another aeon and possessed it. That's why the Fayth explicitly ask her to promise to summon them and end their lives so the cycle would have no chance of ever happening again.

Last edited by Makoeyes987; 11/29/2009 at 01:34 PM.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dashell (11/29/2009), Vossler (11/29/2009)
Old 11/29/2009   #7
Vossler

Mako Eyes wrote: As long as aeons existed in the world of Spira, Yu Yevon would find them and possess them. The Fayth wanted to be put to rest and stop dreaming. The only way to release them and allow them to find peace was to dispatch the aeons, and allow them to finally die, and no longer manifest in the world. That's why you have to dispatch each one. And that's why they asked Yuna to promise to call on them during the final battle and allow them to cease dreaming.

When you scan or sensor them, they'll even tell you that they wish to rest and die. Or give you parting words of farewell.

But if Yuna had killed Jecht, and not thought to destroy the other aeons at all, Yevon would have found another aeon and possessed it. That's why the Fayth explicitly ask her to promise to summon them and end their lives so the cycle would have no chance of ever happening again.
Very well put. Now a remaining question I have is what happens to Tidus's Zanarkand. Does it revert back to what it was before Jecht invaded? Or does it now become non existent. Why would Tidus disappear at the end of the game. I would think that if he traveled into the future he would still exist in spira after the defeat of sin. They show at the end of the game Tidus crying for help or stuck between planes. I say this upon playing X-2.

http://www.frrcracing.com
Vossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #8
Makoeyes987

Dream Zanarkand poofed out of existence. It's a result of all the Fayth dreaming and once the dream is over, it scatters to pyreflies and ceases to be. Tidus disappears because he too is a dream of the Fayth as well.

And no, Tidus never traveled to the future. That's something a lot of people forget. He's from Dream Zanarkand. A dream simulation of the city of Zanarkand created by the countless Fayth of the real Zanarkand, to keep the memory of their happy world alive. Tidus didn't travel through time like he thought. He was just transported to Spira via Sin.
Thanked by 2:
Super Mario (11/29/2009), Vossler (11/29/2009)
Old 11/29/2009   #9
Vossler

Ahhh. Ok thanks for clearing that up. I honestly was confused on how that came to be.

Old 11/29/2009   #10
Super Mario

Mako Eyes wrote: Dream Zanarkand poofed out of existence. It's a result of all the Fayth dreaming and once the dream is over, it scatters to pyreflies and ceases to be. Tidus disappears because he too is a dream of the Fayth as well.

And no, Tidus never traveled to the future. That's something a lot of people forget. He's from Dream Zanarkand. A dream simulation of the city of Zanarkand created by the countless Fayth of the real Zanarkand, to keep the memory of their happy world alive. Tidus didn't travel through time like he thought. He was just transported to Spira via Sin.
Is he there to stay for Yuna by X-2's end forever though? I'm wondering maybe it'll eventually stop and he'll fade...again.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #11
Vossler

Yeah good question. At the end of the game you do see Tidus as Square set it up for a sequel.

Old 11/29/2009   #12
Makoeyes987

Well, as long as Yuna and Tidus continue to love each other, Tidus has nothing to worry about
Old 11/29/2009   #13
Super Mario

Let's hope no compilation comes to ruin X-2's ending. I'm hoping it's the End End. Double end.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #14
sheens

Yeah, I think Bahamut's fayth said something about if they continue to have faith in one another and love one another, Tidus wont fade again.

Which I'm happy about, because I loved the pairing. :>
sheens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009   #15
The Twilight Mexican

If I remember correctly, pmog -- who translated a shit-ton from the Ultimanias for FFX -- said that throwing all the aeons out for Yu Yevon to posses, then destroying those hosts, also weakened him. Eventually, he was forced to take corporeal form -- as there were no aeons around to co-opt their pyreflies as the basis for a new Sin -- and while weakened.

That's why the party was able to defeat him so easily, despite his (normally) much greater power.

Snow wrote: Is he there to stay for Yuna by X-2's end forever though? I'm wondering maybe it'll eventually stop and he'll fade...again.
That one's pretty much up to you to figure out. My guess is he gets to live out a normal lifespan, as if the dream had kept going -- the fayth's gift to Yuna for saving the world twice.