SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That’s true, I forgot about that. Starting to think he’s just gonna find out the moment Tifa loses faith in him.
An interesting point of order here, but I don't think Tifa ever "loses faith" in Cloud in the sense that she stops believing in his capabilities and that he will come through in a pinch etc. Her "losing faith" is actually finally telling him what she's been struggling with for weeks- that he was not, as far as she knew, present for the event which razed Nibelheim.
She doesn't say "You're not Cloud" or "You're not SOLDIER" or even "You're unreliable" or things like that. It's Tifa's doubt that he was present for Nibelheim that does him in. Granted, we know, after the fact that he WAS present, just not exactly how he presented himself, and that's part of why Tifa takes so long to actually confront him over the matter.

Also, we did used to have a term for rabid Cleriths, it was Pinkers and people got upset about that for some reason.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
I think I’m in the same boat. I don’t particularly like some of the directions they’ve taken with the story either. But the character work is great to me.
They absolutely nailed the characters, which is why i'm not overly worried about how Cid was portrayed in this game either. A lot of people don't like how he is portrayed now, but i think we will get more of those more negative aspects of his character later on when his actual arc happens.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I kind of appreciate Twitter for the people who are SO passionate about the LTD that they find EVERY THING in the game.

Like I had never noticed in the final date that Cloud kind of has this…reaction…to the shop owner giving him the reunion flower pin. He then refuses to take it. I thought that was interesting and can’t believe I missed it.

View attachment 16023View attachment 16024View attachment 16025

Another detail I haven't seen discussed much is that one of the possible gifts is a hair brooch. In other words, a possible replacement for the pink bow offered by Zack. Something the game denies you. Quite telling, if you ask me.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
An interesting point of order here, but I don't think Tifa ever "loses faith" in Cloud in the sense that she stops believing in his capabilities and that he will come through in a pinch etc. Her "losing faith" is actually finally telling him what she's been struggling with for weeks- that he was not, as far as she knew, present for the event which razed Nibelheim.
She doesn't say "You're not Cloud" or "You're not SOLDIER" or even "You're unreliable" or things like that. It's Tifa's doubt that he was present for Nibelheim that does him in. Granted, we know, after the fact that he WAS present, just not exactly how he presented himself, and that's part of why Tifa takes so long to actually confront him over the matter.

Also, we did used to have a term for rabid Cleriths, it was Pinkers and people got upset about that for some reason.
Yeah, I meant as more that she lost faith in him from his POV. Not hers.

I wonder how they’ll do the “I hope someday you’ll meet the real Cloud” scene.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
I took a deep dive on x and I'm baffled at how both sides are so sure that they're right and bringing up all kinds of quotes and merchandise to prove that they're right. I can't be the only one that finds all of this petty back and forth hilarious with everyone saying part 3 is going to sink "insert rival ship here".
Welcome to the shipping wars my friend :mon: . It's been like this for years now.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Did something in particular set him off again or is he just generally causing a fuss?
From what it seemed, he just started randomly appearing in non related Nojima posts again with his stupid agenda. Managed to argue back and forth with a few twitter users already too for a pretty lenghty amount. Oh and he called the Cloud and Yuffie date a pedophilia date, so yeah.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I actually happened to watch that theory session they had too and unless i'm totally off, didn't they imply that the Lifestream sequence should be some kinda big general event this time around instead of just being revolved around Cloud and Tifa? At least i got that kinda impression when they brought it up. Definitely not on board with that idea if it was what they suggested.
Yeah when I see this I do have to wonder if they thought about anything besides “being cool” for their theories. I’m gonna be honest but the LS scene is one of the most misunderstood scenes in FFVII.

People think it’s about piecing back together Cloud. Yes, but that’s missing the whole point to see it like this: the LS scene is structured in two parts; one to verify Cloud’s memories, that he really is Cloud Strife and not a clone, the other to solve the Nibelheim incident and explain the discrepancies between Cloud's storytelling and Tifa’s memories.

And the thing that many miss is that the whole scene is a freaking love confession from Cloud to Tifa; Ultimania Omega explains that this is the scene where they realise their feelings for each other. This is a romantic scene. This is why it’s such an intimate scene and why it cannot EVER be a group project. Like, no. If you think that way, you haven’t understood this scene. This is why I keep saying this scene needs to end up with a kiss, to seal the romance.

And I will say it but it’s the same reason why Zack and Aerith’ deaths cannot be shown in the LS sequence: thematically it doesn’t fit the romance. Can you imagine the scene going from “Cloud you came to help me, you are my hero! Oh Btw about Aerith’s death, yeah you failed to protect her sorry” like yikes no.

Now that Tifa knows what happened on the bridge that day and with the Black Whispers attacking Cloud’s memories, the question is: how will it be solved? I think the game gave us an answer: the Lifestream is not only made of memories, but also feelings, hopes and dreams. This is where ToTP and 2K gils… novellas will come to help I think.

Edit: typos

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You're welcome for that setup btw.
-Tip of the hat-

Only to be informed that nah, Johnny is closer to true normal than any of us. Start over in defining normal kid.
More normal in one sense.
In terms of capabilities, yes. In terms of brain function... well, Jury's still out on that one.

With rigid safety and disposal standards nuclear is amazing. It's getting those standards and keeping them that's the big problem. Plus unlike sun and wind, you gotta mine for uranium and the like, might make a better mirror for our big boy. Also the eco-terrorist in him might be wary of nuclear power so... drama! UST disguised as drama! Resolving the UST FGJ! I'm all in for this now.
That's the bulk of Barret's plot sorted.

Hypocrisy is always sad. Even when it's funny.
Sometimes the sadness is what makes it funny.

Well congrats to Bane then, the rule of two works.
I mean it was usually the rule of about 10 in practice most times.

Indeed. I should also mention that when the building is on fire, it's not my fault.

Now let's see where you go next, continue the original quote chain, switch to referencing wizard quotes, derail it sideways. The choices are yours.
I knew you were responsible for the flooding.
Alternately, we could do some Wizzard quotes. Those tend to be relevant.

Time marches on but bad faith arguments divorced from all logic remain the same.
All logic, all evidence, all narrative convention, from good taste...

RIP, my joke. We hardly knew ye.
Apologies. You caught me when I was too focused on the inanity of an argument to let it live free and fly.

Agreed, Cloud never meant to harm Tifa or the kids. As you and I have both referenced, by the time Cloud leaves for the church he's in full "it's better for them this way" mode.
Cloud is well intentioned dumbass sometimes.

Which one was FFG? Did they fail to make a strong impression or am I just old?
FFG was owner and admin of the first iteration of Pink Hell. Was basically joined at the hip with Anastar for the longest time.

Despite the old "someone is wrong on the internet" meme, you have to do this sometimes. Because it's true, they are on the internet and they are wrong. Within reason having their incorrect position challenged can only be good for them if they allow that goodness in. Just don't hold your breath.
Yeah, at some point, someone must stand up for factual accuracy and precision.

It's at it's worst when the outright lies go on so long they forget they're lying.
Yeah I've seen that happen a couple times.

You could hear Ryu's teeth grinding around the world when this was going on. Kids would fearfully ask if those were the cries of the Planet, and their parents would shush them and explain "no sweetie, that's just the sound of pedantry denied by willfully disregard of the facts, it won't hurt you" :awesome:
"So long as you practice proper argumentative practice and act with intellectual honesty. Otherwise, your bones will be ground to dust."
I don't even need bones, it just must be done.

I came in here the very first time for an argument, found out this is abuse :awesomonster:
Well, you are a pervert. I can't be certain about malodorous but it's not completely out of the question.

Yeah, I meant as more that she lost faith in him from his POV. Not hers.
Fair. "When Cloud thinks Tifa stopped believing in him" would be the most correct there.

I wonder how they’ll do the “I hope someday you’ll meet the real Cloud” scene.
There is going to be so much pain and sadness in that voice.

I formally submit that this be shortened to CAltists and CulTists respectively.
I'm reminded of the clitos.

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed
I took a deep dive on x and I'm baffled at how both sides are so sure that they're right and bringing up all kinds of quotes and merchandise to prove that they're right. I can't be the only one that finds all of this petty back and forth hilarious with everyone saying part 3 is going to sink "insert rival ship here".

Twitter has all the unhinged Clotis and Cleriths. It’s a cesspit. You’d be hardpressed to find a decent shipper there. Even the so called “big shipper accounts” spend most of their days dunking on one another. It’s really childish. What I find amusing is their energy to sustain this for years. They’re both mental, between the Cleriths celebrating because Aerith is “alive” and the Clotis so confident we’d get an explicit sex scene in Part 3, even trending a hashtag iirc. It’s a circus out there

Anyway, I do hope things get settled once and for all in Part 3. I personally believe the LTD shouldn’t be really a debate since 1997 but it’d be nice for the devs to spell it out 30 years later.

However, the cynic in me is worried. Can they fully commit? Will they leave just enough crumbs for all ships to be satisfied? I guess we’ll find out in 3 years.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I still don’t believe we’ll get a sex scene. It’s a T-rated series. At most, we’ll get implications. That’s it.

Personally, I’ll be satisfied with mutual confirmation of feelings and a kiss. That’s all I really need.

If anyone is expecting a full-on sex scene, I would start keeping expectations low.

ChaosandConfusion

Pro Adventurer
I still don’t believe we’ll get a sex scene. It’s a T-rated series. At most, we’ll get implications. That’s it.

Personally, I’ll be satisfied with mutual confirmation of feelings and a kiss. That’s all I really need.

If anyone is expecting a full-on sex scene, I would start keeping expectations low.
Maybe a shirt falls to the ground is as close as they will get to implications and I doubt it will be even that explicit.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Maybe a shirt falls to the ground is as close as they will get to implications and I doubt it will be even that explicit.
Yeah, maybe they'll show the characters just barely finishing putting their clothes back on the next morning or something.

Or they'll show Cloud and Tifa leaving the chocobo stables if they decided to incorporate the originally proposed scenes.

But we're not seeing anything more than a kiss.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶

Same, there’s no shot there will be a sex scene. For me, at most, it’d be kissing that Tifa is embarrassed they saw.

If I had to wish for something I do hope they are holding hands when they leave the life stream and it wasn’t just polygons overlapping lmao.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
-Tip of the hat-

Nonverbal shows of appreciation need more love, I should start wearing a hat just to have something to tip at people who wait for me/my kids to get through in parking lots.

Also your post didn't quote properly for some raisin, so this'll be fun.

More normal in one sense.
He's infatuated with Tifa? That's pretty normal.

In terms of capabilities, yes. In terms of brain function... well, Jury's still out on that one.

I think Johnny may have ADHD honestly. It'd explain a lot, he just needs to learn to manage it.

That's the bulk of Barret's plot sorted.

Honestly think we as a community could make a pretty dang good plot together y'all. No lies.

Sometimes the sadness is what makes it funny.

I tried to laugh so I wouldn't have to cry. Ended up laughing so hard I cried anyway.

I mean it was usually the rule of about 10 in practice most times.

I mean, you're not wrong. But then, that makes it sound even more like Pink Hell, doesn't it? I'm picturing an army of Sith dressed in pink carrying red lightwhips. Which they insist are called Red Strings.

I knew you were responsible for the flooding.
Alternately, we could do some Wizzard quotes. Those tend to be relevant.

We really are spoiled for choice here. I think I'll just say "Ook" and be on my way.

All logic, all evidence, all narrative convention, from good taste...

We should come up with a trolley test for this. The results would be enlightening disgusting and entertaining.

Apologies. You caught me when I was too focused on the inanity of an argument to let it live free and fly.

Its fine, maybe it's in a better place now. TV's Frank can repurpose it in Second Banana Heaven. Torgo will laugh. hAHahaHAhA!!

Cloud is well intentioned dumbass sometimes.

It'd be a more accurate title than Ex SOLDIER, that's for sure.

FFG was owner and admin of the first iteration of Pink Hell. Was basically joined at the hip with Anastar for the longest time.

Happy to have no memory of them then :monster:

Yeah, at some point, someone must stand up for factual accuracy and precision.

Fight Ryu! For everlasting peace!

Yeah I've seen that happen a couple times.

And far more times where you're just not sure if they know they're lying anymore or not.

"So long as you practice proper argumentative practice and act with intellectual honesty. Otherwise, your bones will be ground to dust."
I don't even need bones, it just must be done.

Well if you don't need it, dibs. Bonemeal banana bread for all!

Well, you are a pervert. I can't be certain about malodorous but it's not completely out of the question.

This reminds me that roomie has somehow never seen the dead parrot sketch and I must remedy this.

Also we both wonder how many of the younger crowd got the reference.

Fair. "When Cloud Tifa stopped believing in him" would be the most correct there.

Was there a typo here? I'm guessing you meant "When Cloud believed Tifa had stopped believing in him."

There is going to be so much pain and sadness in that voice.

I need actual voice caught in throat sticky tears for this. I'm talking, ask me what is the sound of a heart breaking, I play Cloud's line here in answer.

I'm reminded of the clitos.

Language :awesomonster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Nonverbal shows of appreciation need more love, I should start wearing a hat just to have something to tip at people who wait for me/my kids to get through in parking lots.

Also your post didn't quote properly for some raisin, so this'll be fun.
Somehow I stuck an extra quote end tag in my reply. I was composing the response as a cat tied to commandeer my desk for a nap.

He's infatuated with Tifa? That's pretty normal.
Yeah, but that just establishes a baseline of human comprehension.

I think Johnny may have ADHD honestly. It'd explain a lot, he just needs to learn to manage it.
He's got something alright. He operates on a very unique wavelength. Like rebirth strongly implies that it's something in Johnny that lets all his shadow clones operate as distinct people for so long.

Honestly think we as a community could make a pretty dang good plot together y'all. No lies.
Wanna make a post about it and actually start crowdsourcing?

I tried to laugh so I wouldn't have to cry. Ended up laughing so hard I cried anyway.
Better than laughing so hard you puke. Had that happen once.

I mean, you're not wrong. But then, that makes it sound even more like Pink Hell, doesn't it? I'm picturing an army of Sith dressed in pink carrying red lightwhips. Which they insist are called Red Strings.
So many losses to friendly fire.

We really are spoiled for choice here. I think I'll just say "Ook" and be on my way.
A MOST RATIONAL DECISION. IF YOU WILL EXCUSE ME, MY HORSE NEEDS BRUSHING.

We should come up with a trolley test for this. The results would be enlightening disgusting and entertaining.
If you push the button, your ship is canon but both of the people involved are inherently shitty people and mistreat those closest to them. If you don't push the button the rival ship happens but your favorite character is a genuinely kind and loving person who wants what's best for her friends.

Its fine, maybe it's in a better place now. TV's Frank can repurpose it in Second Banana Heaven. Torgo will laugh. hAHahaHAhA!!
Out of curiosity do you listen to 372 Pages we'll never get back?

It'd be a more accurate title than Ex SOLDIER, that's for sure.
Ironically, if not for being an official title, it would actually be one. He's ex-military, worked as a basic infantryman. He was a soldier.

Happy to have no memory of them then :monster:
I am not entirely certain she didn't rebrand, but I have no evidence of this.

Fight Ryu! For everlasting peace!
But should I do it in the robot dimension or the internet dimension?

And far more times where you're just not sure if they know they're lying anymore or not.
To tell a lie to your foe, first convince yourself, and all.

Well if you don't need it, dibs. Bonemeal banana bread for all!
I shall grind the bones of the dishonest so the devil may bake his bread.

This reminds me that roomie has somehow never seen the dead parrot sketch and I must remedy this.
Trying to think of some other classic ones to try. Cheese shop and granny gangs spring to mind.

Also we both wonder how many of the younger crowd got the reference.
I recently became friends with a parent of three roughly college age children. Figuring out what references they do and don't get has been an interesting exercise.

Was there a typo here? I'm guessing you meant "When Cloud believed Tifa had stopped believing in him."
Basically, but as mentioned, cat was stealing the desk and my keyboard. I was a smidge distracted.

I need actual voice caught in throat sticky tears for this. I'm talking, ask me what is the sound of a heart breaking, I play Cloud's line here in answer.
Heartbroken and apologetic at the same time.

I'm just talking 'bout clitos.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
My only issue with Cloud and others feeling her absence but not the player is OG was set up in a way you actually feel her loss in every way. Especially as the player. While I'm happy to see her I feel the impact of her death here will have less effect on me.

Nomura already said that it's diverted to the feelings of unable to accept the reality that the person dear to you is gone. Not only to Cloud but to the players. Though I see this affect Clerith shippers the most, see them as the only group that still insist she's not dead. Yes, she would back as character in Part 3, but doesn't mean she's alive. I think he did that because all people in this planet who dont even play FF7 know about Aerith's iconic death, so he knew he couldn't recreate the same feelings as OG that is more about sudden loss and unpredicted that we're forced to move on in next disk. This is just like bringing Zack with the feelings of new mysteries since Nomura also state people has known the twist of Cloud's identity.

Also, if Aerith & Zack was actively active in separate world whatever they're doing in Part 3, I hope it's very different from Maiden Who Travels The Planet so people will also stop citing it anymore. Only in FF7, that a derivative work admitted by the author itself is debated for its canonicity, while other works written by the same author in other fandom like RE and FF10 is not.

Oh his favorite anime of all time. One Piece. I asked him about shipping in One Piece he doesn't ship anyone himself and he is not a fandom person but he gave me an entire rundown of character relationships in One Piece and suggested both OTPs and BROTPs I would probably be into. Lol. So yeah very different tone of conversation there.
Aaaa.... I love One Piece, been reading it since 1999 haha. (I dont follow anime, but the manga)
Tell me if he suggested OTP and BROTP that is same as me XD.
I ship Sanji/Nami and my BROTP is Luffy/Sanji. I just love Sanji lol.

like lifestream white outright said she loved Cloud romantically without that confusion on her part "for she had loved him"
I've posted this in previous pages before Rebirth was released out, lemme copy and paste again.
===========================

I asked my friend about it, she has Bachelor Degree in Japanese Literature.

Her:
Koibito 恋人 itself literally means lover. But I know nothing about the novels, it might be have more context with the full phrase. The word koibito meaning can change depends on the particle follows.

Koibito no youni = (acting) like a lover
Koibito no youna = (the existence) like a lover
Koibito doushi = mutually lovers
Koibito no (name) = her/his lover (name)

Me:
It's "yuujin de ari, koibito de ari" What do you think?

Her:
"De ari" then makes it "as a lover", "as the beloved". In this "Yuujin de ari, koibito de ari" It's quite platonic. EN translation would make it ambiguous for "she loves (adore) him as a friend". But the JP words makes it that she treasures him as a friend and as someone she loves romantically equally. I think it's her personality that she treasures every feelings equally, not as a process from "friend" then grows to "love".

Me:
Is there any context that it is used in a platonic way though?

Her:
What makes it platonic is the feeling that is kept for herself.

Me:
Do you personally agree that the official EN translation of the novel is "he's her friend--more than a friend, for she has loved."

Her:
Yeah I agree with the official translation.

======

I think it's what make her 'liking' is different. Nojima said in CCFF7 Ultimania, that Zack & Aerith's relationship is ren'ai (恋愛) , romantic love, that due to constrain (which I believe it's PSP UMD limitation that SE even don't accept the devs' proposal to have two disk), he can't depict their love develop so he made them fall in love at the first sight. So, it's not friend growing to romantic love, either. Aerith never experienced real friendship, still, till the moment she meets Cloud, Tifa, and the rest.

Though, Aerith's motivation to pursue Cloud is romantic, because she saw Zack in him. But, it applies differently to Cloud whose personality need to grow first even as a friend (see how he's warmed up with AVALANCHE and Aerith is the same process), and it turns out even after two weeks, he just viewed her as friend. I guess this situation is confusing or difficult to Aerith while with Zack, it's clear a romantic love from the first meet. Nah, my friend said the koibito in the novel is platonic because is her thought, that she keeps her feelings only for herself. But then in Rebirth, she confesses it. So I guess, it's not platonic again? I dont think what Nojima write here is contradictive. So, she treasure both feelings.

Last edited:

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
My only issue with Cloud and others feeling her absence but not the player is OG was set up in a way you actually feel her loss in every way. Especially as the player. While I'm happy to see her I feel the impact of her death here will have less effect on me.

And while I think they did that so Aerith fans have something to look forward to in the next game I think in general it took away a lot from her to do it this way. I definitely hope you're right though and they're doing something with her guardian re which is nice to explore. It's just frustrating in the moment because in her own swan swang chapter basically they didn't give her much besides her loneliness and her conflicted feelings took up a lot of her moments that could have set up more about her an independent character.

But maybe pt 3 is amazing at handling her. We will see.
This is my problem with "Aerith fans", or at least, Aerith fans in the form that they take atm. The things done to keep them happy take away from the product as a whole. It lessens the whole by increasing a part of it to the detriment of the rest.
Lets call the toxic Cleriths and Clotis
Cult Cleriths and Cult Clotis
to distinguish them from nice cleriths nice clotis
Wouldn't it be Culeriths and Culotis then?
I resonate hard with romance stuff too and i don't know if it's a hot take or what, but personally i've always liked Cloud and Tifas romance the most out of any FF romances we've had. It gives me the most satisfaction after everything is said and done, even if this game doesn't necessarily have it as centerstage as something like 8 has. Then again 7 does have the most suplementary material for it too so that probably helps.

Barret and Nanaki stuff did get to me, though the trials in the Temple was the moment that really got me to tear up the hardest in the game probably.
I still think it takes more centerstage than pretty much any other FF. I've said in the past the with romances like Zidane and Garnet, Yuna and Tidus, hell, even Squall and Rinoa, you can divorce their character from their romantic affections, they start when the game starts and are not intrinsically tied to the character, not so with Cloud. You can't have FFVII without Cloti because you can't have Cloud without Cloti.
I formally submit that this be shortened to CAltists and CulTists respectively.
Exactly! Is that a Cali reference btw?
They won't do that, they were too lazy to make a model that was able to raise its shirt to show a scar XD
eah, maybe they'll show the characters just barely finishing putting their clothes back on the next morning or something.
This is more likely, have Tifa fix up her skirt and stuff even though the model doesn't change.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Somehow I stuck an extra quote end tag in my reply. I was composing the response as a cat tied to commandeer my desk for a nap.

As per the laws of feline human interaction, you are blameless. Script h the kitty's ears and move on.

Yeah, but that just establishes a baseline of human comprehension.

Good news Johnny, this proves you're alive and aware and little else.

He's got something alright. He operates on a very unique wavelength. Like rebirth strongly implies that it's something in Johnny that lets all his shadow clones operate as distinct people for so long.

I missed that bit, sadly my source for a Rebirth longplay skipped a lot of Johnny's side quests material. I'm willing to get that if it's not actually ADHD or a similar condition, it's still what a real world diagnosis would say.

Wanna make a post about it and actually start crowdsourcing?

Hmmm... It's worth considering. I know if my Internet was fully reliable and I was on a device with a proper keyboard I'd probably jump at the chance, I haven't done any serious writing in far too long. I'm a bit afraid to commit at present, I'd hate to repeat my having to fall off the FF Unlimited viewing or have the whole thing fall apart like the TLS Pokemon League.

Better than laughing so hard you puke. Had that happen once.

Oh that's a memory I didn't need dredged up. I've been there twice. Though in my defense I was quite drunk the second time.

So many losses to friendly fire.

Worth buying a popcorn machine for though.

A MOST RATIONAL DECISION. IF YOU WILL EXCUSE ME, MY HORSE NEEDS BRUSHING.

Ryu, we go way back, so I'm gonna forgive you for this, but honestly you failed to use reapermon for this? The smiley I personally made for just such occasions?

YOU SEEM QUITE UNWILLING TO GET INTO THE SPIRIT OF THINGS. :reapermon:

If you push the button, your ship is canon but both of the people involved are inherently shitty people and mistreat those closest to them. If you don't push the button the rival ship happens but your favorite character is a genuinely kind and loving person who wants what's best for her friends.

So what you're saying is... mission accomplished? Fuck that's kinda sad.

Out of curiosity do you listen to 372 Pages we'll never get back?

I do not, should I?

Ironically, if not for being an official title, it would actually be one. He's ex-military, worked as a basic infantryman. He was a soldier.

Fair play, it's not like you can hear the capital letters in spoken dialogue. No ma'am, I said your package would be delivered by an ex-soldier, not an ex-SOLDIER :monster:

I am not entirely certain she didn't rebrand, but I have no evidence of this.

Hence the uncertainty. You never know, maybe they grew as a person and are now enjoying their preferred ship without cutting down others to pretend their own is canon. But I doubt it.

But should I do it in the robot dimension or the internet dimension?

Despite what Capcom might pretend, there is nothing stopping you from doing both. Ask Ultron, he knows what's up.

To tell a lie to your foe, first convince yourself, and all.

Honestly fewer of them are doing this than could be. You can tell on account of people practicing what you quoted here tell convincing lies.

I shall grind the bones of the dishonest so the devil may bake his bread.

That is one of the best ominous, threatening lines I've heard in a while. Time gone by, I'd have added that quote to my sig already.

Trying to think of some other classic ones to try. Cheese shop and granny gangs spring to mind.

Both true classics. For all the attention Holy Grail gets, and tightly so, there's so much more to be had there.

I recently became friends with a parent of three roughly college age children. Figuring out what references they do and don't get has been an interesting exercise.

It's so surprising, thanks to the internet. One trip to somewhere like TVTropes can drag them off down a rabbit hole if shit we've forgotten or straight up missed back in our own youth. Then something every single person our own age intrinsically knows flys right overhead. It's fascinating how old information can come round or not, often at the whims of an algorithm.

Basically, but as mentioned, cat was stealing the desk and my keyboard. I was a smidge distracted.

As is right and proper. Tifa only became even more best girl upon confirming her cat-person status.

Heartbroken and apologetic at the same time.

This. Even if he keeps his facial expression under some kind of control, he's ugly crying inside. Straight One Piece tears.

I'm just talking 'bout clitos.

Then I can dig it.
Wouldn't it be Culeriths and Culotis then?

These sound like DnD outsider species. Culeriths sound like Daemons, Culotis like Devils. Now we need one for Demons and we're all set.

I still think it takes more centerstage than pretty much any other FF. I've said in the past the with romances like Zidane and Garnet, Yuna and Tidus, hell, even Squall and Rinoa, you can divorce their character from their romantic affections, they start when the game starts and are not intrinsically tied to the character, not so with Cloud. You can't have FFVII without Cloti because you can't have Cloud without Cloti.

Agreed. Cloud as we know him cannot exist in a world without Tifa. Cloud as he is in Remake/Rebirth and indeed the parts of the OG that match that timeframe cannot function without Tifa. And Cloud cannot heal and become functional as himself without Tifa. She is his everything girl.

Exactly! Is that a Cali reference btw?

Not intentionally, but it works :awesome:

They won't do that, they were too lazy to make a model that was able to raise its shirt to show a scar XD

We can still hope.

This is more likely, have Tifa fix up her skirt and stuff even though the model doesn't change.

This does feel most likely. I'd still like it as they exit the stables, possibly while picking hay out of each other's hair.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think I already said it? But yeah in the NC sequence, Cloud breaks but the CT bond doesn't break. It's what allows Tifa to still go search for him afterwards.
the Clotis so confident we’d get an explicit sex scene in Part 3, even trending a hashtag iirc. It’s a circus out there
I know one pretty big account and others and no, no one thinks we're getting an explicit sex scene lol. Even if the rating is forced to change to M we're not getting more than what Clive and Jill had, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone.

What happens though is that they talk about the sex scene but wondering how it'll be alluded to as a T scene. That happens a lot in my GC and Twitter. A lot want something like the TidusxYuna scene, something really romantic.

What I'm saying is, be careful because there are a lot of inside jokes. Things aren't as black as you paint them; the big account that I know sometimes dunk on pretty bad takes about Tifa, Cloud, CT, but they prefer to push content for the characters/pairing. They're a pretty big fan of the game as a whole, not only CT.
Same, there’s no shot there will be a sex scene. For me, at most, it’d be kissing that Tifa is embarrassed they saw.

If I had to wish for something I do hope they are holding hands when they leave the life stream and it wasn’t just polygons overlapping lmao.
Literally it's been alluded to already in Remake in the Tifa's resolution scene. "Words aren't the only way..." is one of SE's favourite quotes, they use it on their gif website lmao. Literally the sex scene will happen because of the hug in Remake. Narratively, it's one thing that puzzled me after Remake in the sense that I didn't think we'd get a CT kiss in p2, however if you begin your p1 with a hug, then amp this with a sex scene in p3, then your p2 has to have a kiss. Most CTs (like probably 99%) thought we'd get a near kiss in p2 (which... we also did yeah). And I really do think it's very possible (99% certain) that we're getting a kiss in the LS scene too in the main scenario so it would make sense to amp it up. SE has only been really aknowledging only the HA HW so I think we're definitely going to get that, in a non optional setting this time around.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I think I already said it? But yeah in the NC sequence, Cloud breaks but the CT bond doesn't break. It's what allows Tifa to still go search for him afterwards.

I know one pretty big account and others and no, no one thinks we're getting an explicit sex scene lol. Even if the rating is forced to change to M we're not getting more than what Clive and Jill had, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone.

What happens though is that they talk about the sex scene but wondering how it'll be alluded to as a T scene. That happens a lot in my GC and Twitter. A lot want something like the TidusxYuna scene, something really romantic.

What I'm saying is, be careful because there are a lot of inside jokes. Things aren't as black as you paint them; the big account that I know sometimes dunk on pretty bad takes about Tifa, Cloud, CT, but they prefer to push content for the characters/pairing. They're a pretty big fan of the game as a whole, not only CT.

Literally it's been alluded to already in Remake in the Tifa's resolution scene. "Words aren't the only way..." is one of SE's favourite quotes, they use it on their gif website lmao. Literally the sex scene will happen because of the hug in Remake. Narratively, it's one thing that puzzled me after Remake in the sense that I didn't think we'd get a CT kiss in p2, however if you begin your p1 with a hug, then amp this with a sex scene in p3, then your p2 has to have a kiss. Most CTs (like probably 99%) thought we'd get a near kiss in p2 (which... we also did yeah). And I really do think it's very possible (99% certain) that we're getting a kiss in the LS scene too in the main scenario so it would make sense to amp it up. SE has only been really aknowledging only the HA HW so I think we're definitely going to get that, in a non optional setting this time around.
This is what I'm thinking sex scene will be heavily implied probably with clothing coming off but still keeping the rating by having bikini and shirtless Cloud

Purple

Charmed
What I'm saying is, be careful because there are a lot of inside jokes. Things aren't as black as you paint them; the big account that I know sometimes dunk on pretty bad takes about Tifa, Cloud, CT, but they prefer to push content for the characters/pairing. They're a pretty big fan of the game as a whole, not only CT

Maybe you have a better curated For You page, but all sorts of accounts pop out in mine. All shipping camps. I’m never in the fandom for a very long time, as I tend to dip in and out, so these things stand out more when you return after years of not being active.

I also noticed that shippers tend to get more hate these days. Specially on Reddit. It certainly wasn’t the case in 2020 as far as I can recall. Even Max Dood sort of had a jab at it in one of his streams, which frankly quite surprised me.

Anyway, it’s nice that this forum still exists as I think this is best place to have a sane discussion about these things.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
But then in Rebirth, she confesses it. So I guess, it's not platonic again? I dont think what Nojima write here is contradictive. So, she treasure both feelings.

Thingt is... "We" never said Aerith didn't love Cloud. I don't know about the others, but it's pretty obvious that she has feelings for him at the end. So she can call it her love in the novel, it's still canon. What people really argue about (and some never ask to be honest lol) are Cloud's feelings. You can love someone all you want, but if it's not reciprocated, it's still platonic. And that's kind of the point we're trying to make here with the Remake project. Cloud isn't in love with her.

Even Max Dood sort of had a jab at it in one of his streams, which frankly quite surprised me.

It was more of a private joke than anything else because he got a little heat from Cult Clerith when he laid out his theory about Aerith Jenova. They were really angry because 1- He said she was dead, 2- She wasn't the one who was there at the end.

The same reason he refers to Aerith in the game as Cloud's girlfriend, because historically he's more of a Tifa guy, and the Cult had already come down on him back then when he declared that Tifa is the real heroine of FF7.

It's not just "free taunt" to LTD. More like "I already had a bad time, leave me out of it"

Top Bottom