• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've read that Caius was in love with Yeul in the JP version. Is that true?
Where'd you read that? Honestly I'm kinda skeptical. I heard the same thing that the Japanese versions of ultis and XIII-2 was very Lightning/Hope, which turned out to be wrong.

I honestly hope not, between it never being brought up in the novels (unlike Noel/Yuel), him raising her since she's about four, and him calling her a child that needs a guardian... I see her as more of family.

Who knows though, I said the same thing about Noel before the novels and ultis.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've never gotten that impression myself. Just sounds like the typical "I don't get love in media unless it's romantic" ramblings that we hear about everything else.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't think i could deal with that. caius is like hundreds of years old and yeuls die when there's like 14-16. (who were all slightly different so it's not like it was the exact same person. trapped in the body of a tiny adolescent.)

maybe love, but not 'in love'. nuh-uh. nope. leaving this planet if that happens.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I did get that impression, myself. That he was in love with her. Sorry if it's not a very popular view. And I do not ship that since I am a total NoelxYeul person!!

So I was obviously happy when they spared that one Yeul that was "Noel's".

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I did get the impression from Lightning Returns that some (most?) of the Yeuls may have been in love with Caius, but I'm just not sure I can see it the other way around. I take that impression particularly because of the juxtaposition made between the love from the majority of the Yeuls for Caius and that of the last Yeul, who loved "somebody else."

Top Bottom