Final Fantasy XIII-2

Mwynn

Tenderness
^ Yeah that's right, she has no physical form anymore. If Caius' power is comparable to that of a fal'Cie (was it said that he was as strong as one or even stronger?) then it's not impossible for him to be able to kill Etro's spirit. It also probably has to do with him possessing the Heart of Chaos as well, but I can't tell exactly how.

To be honest though, I've always found it iffy, the whole thing. I can't pinpoint exactly for now, but it has to do with Etro's real intentions.

I have another question. What is the "eternal paradox" exactly?

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I plan to grab an Ultimania in the future(gettin back into art so mostly for the pretty pics). Which one has info that wasn't translated yet?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Aaa that's great.

I hope all the translations for the Ultimanias can be compiled in some way.

in-depth story analysis (headlines):
What happened at the end of FF13?
Lightning's rebirth
The weakening of the goddess etro
The power of chaos
Valhalla, the world fallen into chaos
The original human Yeul

The power to see the time-line with etro's eyes
The man named Caius Ballad
Caius' plan (700AF)
Paradox endings and the real ending

I want it mostly for the bolded.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i did a thing or two

* The power of chaos
In 'FFXIII-2', the power of chaos performs an important function in many scenes. The characteristics of the power of chaos are as follows.

= the power filling the Unseen World
Chaos fills the Unseen World such as Valhalla. This is the power to engulf everything and return it to nothingness, and chaos filling the Seen World means the destruction of the world.

= the true nature of the hearts of man
Etro gave to humans the power of chaos that fills Valhalla. This is the true nature of people's hearts, and it can also be said that humans all carry within them a tiny Valhalla.

= the source of paranormal abilities
Those who harbour a high level of chaos are able to exhibit special powers, such as travelling to different points in time and space through the gates, and retaining their memories of the past history even after it has been altered. Additionally, in the time of 'FFXIII' only l'Cie were able to perform magic, but after the Castastrophy as a result of chaos flowing out of distortions in time-space and cracks forming in the borderline between the physical and the spiritual, many people gained the ability to use magic.

- [Lightning falling into chaos during FFXIII's ending]
Chaos, living up to its other name of 'unseen/invisible chaos', fundamentally is not visible, but at times it may appear as a black haze.

- [Serah holding her face in Sunleth]
The power of chaos is more easily found in those who have received Etro's intervention. Serah is a typical example.

- [Serah talking to Hope and Alyssa]
There is a limit to the total amount of chaos the goddess gave to people, so history will inevitably reach a singular conclusion (> P.48).

* Valhalla, a world filled with chaos
The story takes place in the Seen World where humans live, the Unseen World that is brimming with chaos, and the world that stands between these two. All that exists in the Seen World is destined to one day perish and be swallowed by chaos, and if the Seen World itself is engulfed by chaos it will be transformed into a world of death, without a past, present, or future. In other words, the destruction of the world means its assimilation with Valhalla.

= The bond between the worlds
[note: this is a little chart that looks like this:
SzQ1mQA.png
]
{pink} Unseen World: There is no concept of time, space, or form. Perfect chaos.
{orange} Valhalla: There is no concept of time, and the concept of space is also vague, but there is form.
{arch} Gate - Gate
{midpoint of arch} Time-Space Threshold: The concept of time is rather vague, but space and form are identical to the Seen World.
{grey} Seen World: Has the concept of time, space, and form.

- Within the Unseen World, the existence of form in Valhalla makes it closer in nature to the Seen World. The cylindrical space connecting the gates is the Time-Space Threshold, and in parts where the cylinder is twisted into a dead-end one finds places such as the time labyrinths and the coliseum.

* Yeul, the first human
Yeul is the oldest human in the world. Unlike other humans, she cannot be reborn as another individual, so her rebirth with the exact same appearance and soul has repeated since the beginning.
Every Yeul has the power to see time, and for generations they have been compelled to live as the maidens of the Farseer tribe. In accordance with their laws, the maiden is not permitted to interfere in history despite their knowledge of it, but most of the Yuels wish for a history where even more people are able to live.

- Out of all the Yeuls through history, only the Yeul from AF700 was able to live freely, due to being the world's final maiden.

i don't remember what the english game called things i just use what seems possibly right

edit; also did the story notes for the prologue:

* The sound of funeral bells
The sound heard ringing through Valhalla during the opening of the story are the funeral bells for Etro, ruler of this land, and this is the same for the ones you hear at the final part of the ending (> P.90). In Valhalla the passage of time is fundamentally different than that in the Seen/Visible World, and in addition to the phenomena wherein future events occur when nearing a certain location and past events when moving away from it being a standard occurance, depending on the location time may loop or flow backwards. Near the goddess' temple bells are constantly ringing for the goddess' death that as yet to happen.

- When the goddess dies at the end of the story, her temple appears in the Seen World and the sound of bells echoes in its vicinity.

* Yeul's burial in the water
The person lying in the sea of Valhalla is Yeul, the Farseer maiden from AF700, who was special to Noel. In the Dying World she is nursed by Noel (> P.77), and Caius is laying to rest Yeul's soul which has been transported to Valhalla, which also acts as the world of the dead.

* The eidolons reside in Valhalla
The eidolons of the l'Cie reside in Valhalla, so there are innumerable differently coloured versions of the likes of Shiva and Bahamut who aided the l'Cie in 'FFXIII', which fight Caius on Lightning's command. Furthermore, the Odin that Lightning calls upon in 'FFXIII-2' is a different entity to the eidolon from 'FFXIII' (for more detail see the official novel 'Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments After').

* Lightning, Etro's champion
After coming into contact with the will of the goddess Etro when she arrived at Valhalla, Lightning resolved to respect the goddess' wishes, and gained the powers of the goddess' knight (> P.81). Because of this Caius says of Lightning 'the goddess made a wise choice' [* called her 'the one who succeeds the goddess' in the Japanese script], but that this point in the story is wasn't the case that Lightning was acting as the proxy for the goddess.

* The repeating battle
The battle between Lightning, who fights to guard the goddess' will, and Caius, who seeks the goddess' demise to envelope the world in chaos, began as soon as Lightning visited Valhalla and became the goddess' knight. However, time flows uniquely in Valhalla and there are many instances where the same events repeat, so they have both been fighting for a long time.

* From Valhalla all can be seen
Although from Valhalla it is possible to overlook all time and space, as a human being one is unable to grasp everything at once. Lightning understood Noel's name and circumstances, but when she asked him to change the future with Serah, she did not know that this would lead to tragedy for her sister. Lightning's feelings upon learning of the fate of her beloved sister Serah are told in Lightning's downloadable content episode (> P.356),

* The Heart of Chaos
The eerily glowing object in Caius' chest is the 'Heart of Chaos' which grants eternal life. In the distant past, he was a l'Cie tasked with the Focus of protecting the Farseer maiden, and when he turned to crystal he was saved by the goddess, who shared with him her heart. It is this power that allows Caius unlimited use of the Absolute Summoning, and even as the goddess' knight Lightning finds herself pushed into a corner.

* 'Your time-gazing friend'
Noel, a descendant of the Farseer tribe, has heard about Valhalla and the gates from Yeul, the Farseer maiden from his time and his lover. Because Lightning also knows this, she is hinting at Yeul with the expression 'your time-gazing friend' ['she/girlfriend who sees time' in the Japanese script].

Dialogue & Side-Track Trivia Spotlight

- Caius' dialogue changes during battle
Lightning and Caius' duel plays out using Cinematic Action scenes. In this battle, depending on the number of successful command inputs, Caius'dialogue during will change as shown below. On this note, the line 'in these final moments, I have met my finest opponent' that you can hear when getting both inputs correct means that Caius is trying to destory time itself in this world.

- [screenshot of the battle]
When you decide on the actions such as 'attack' and 'magic', Lightning's dialogue straight after also changes.

= Elements that influence Caius' dialogue
○ Whether you correctly input the commands after selecting either 'melee' or 'gun attack' (if 'melee' then 'up', if 'gun attack' then 'right')
○ Whether you correctly input the commands after selecting either 'Ruinga' or 'Gravity' (if 'Ruinga' then 'mash circle', if 'Gravity' then 'circle')

= Caius' dialogue depending on the command entries
Both correct: 'I must thank you. In these final moments, I have met my finest opponent.'
Only one correct: '[Is it over already!]'
Neither correct: '[Do you fear pain after coming this far!]'

- [battle screenshot]
This is the scene where the dialogue changes. If you fail the input, Caius' lines sound more like provocations.

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
i did a thing or two

* The power of chaos
In 'FFXIII-2', the power of chaos performs an important function in many scenes. The characteristics of the power of chaos are as follows.

= the power filling the Unseen World
Chaos fills the Unseen World such as Valhalla. This is the power to engulf everything and return it to nothingness, and chaos filling the Seen World means the destruction of the world.

= the true nature of the hearts of man
Etro gave to humans the power of chaos that fills Valhalla. This is the true nature of people's hearts, and it can also be said that humans all carry within them a tiny Valhalla.

= the source of paranormal abilities
Those who harbour a high level of chaos are able to exhibit special powers, such as travelling to different points in time and space through the gates, and retaining their memories of the past history even after it has been altered. Additionally, in the time of 'FFXIII' only l'Cie were able to perform magic, but after the Castastrophy as a result of chaos flowing out of distortions in time-space and cracks forming in the borderline between the physical and the spiritual, many people gained the ability to use magic.

- [Lightning falling into chaos during FFXIII's ending]
Chaos, living up to its other name of 'unseen/invisible chaos', fundamentally is not visible, but at times it may appear as a black haze.

- [Serah holding her face in Sunleth]
The power of chaos is more easily found in those who have received Etro's intervention. Serah is a typical example.

- [Serah talking to Hope and Alyssa]
There is a limit to the total amount of chaos the goddess gave to people, so history will inevitably reach a singular conclusion (> P.48).

* Valhalla, a world filled with chaos
The story takes place in the Seen World where humans live, the Unseen World that is brimming with chaos, and the world that stands between these two. All that exists in the Seen World is destined to one day perish and be swallowed by chaos, and if the Seen World itself is engulfed by chaos it will be transformed into a world of death, without a past, present, or future. In other words, the destruction of the world means its assimilation with Valhalla.

= The bond between the worlds
[note: this is a little chart that looks like this:
SzQ1mQA.png
]
{pink} Unseen World: There is no concept of time, space, or form. Perfect chaos.
{orange} Valhalla: There is no concept of time, and the concept of space is also vague, but there is form.
{arch} Gate - Gate
{midpoint of arch} Time-Space Threshold: The concept of time is rather vague, but space and form are identical to the Seen World.
{grey} Seen World: Has the concept of time, space, and form.

- Within the Unseen World, the existence of form in Valhalla makes it closer in nature to the Seen World. The cylindrical space connecting the gates is the Time-Space Threshold, and in parts where the cylinder is twisted into a dead-end one finds places such as the time labyrinths and the coliseum.

* Yeul, the first human
Yeul is the oldest human in the world. Unlike other humans, she cannot be reborn as another individual, so her rebirth with the exact same appearance and soul has repeated since the beginning.
Every Yeul has the power to see time, and for generations they have been compelled to live as the maidens of the Farseer tribe. In accordance with their laws, the maiden is not permitted to interfere in history despite their knowledge of it, but most of the Yuels wish for a history where even more people are able to live.

- Out of all the Yeuls through history, only the Yeul from AF700 was able to live freely, due to being the world's final maiden.

i don't remember what the english game called things i just use what seems possibly right

edit; also did the story notes for the prologue:

* The sound of funeral bells
The sound heard ringing through Valhalla during the opening of the story are the funeral bells for Etro, ruler of this land, and this is the same for the ones you hear at the final part of the ending (> P.90). In Valhalla the passage of time is fundamentally different than that in the Seen/Visible World, and in addition to the phenomena wherein future events occur when nearing a certain location and past events when moving away from it being a standard occurance, depending on the location time may loop or flow backwards. Near the goddess' temple bells are constantly ringing for the goddess' death that as yet to happen.

- When the goddess dies at the end of the story, her temple appears in the Seen World and the sound of bells echoes in its vicinity.

* Yeul's burial in the water
The person lying in the sea of Valhalla is Yeul, the Farseer maiden from AF700, who was special to Noel. In the Dying World she is nursed by Noel (> P.77), and Caius is laying to rest Yeul's soul which has been transported to Valhalla, which also acts as the world of the dead.

* The eidolons reside in Valhalla
The eidolons of the l'Cie reside in Valhalla, so there are innumerable differently coloured versions of the likes of Shiva and Bahamut who aided the l'Cie in 'FFXIII', which fight Caius on Lightning's command. Furthermore, the Odin that Lightning calls upon in 'FFXIII-2' is a different entity to the eidolon from 'FFXIII' (for more detail see the official novel 'Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments After').

* Lightning, Etro's champion
After coming into contact with the will of the goddess Etro when she arrived at Valhalla, Lightning resolved to respect the goddess' wishes, and gained the powers of the goddess' knight (> P.81). Because of this Caius says of Lightning 'the goddess made a wise choice' [* called her 'the one who succeeds the goddess' in the Japanese script], but that this point in the story is wasn't the case that Lightning was acting as the proxy for the goddess.

* The repeating battle
The battle between Lightning, who fights to guard the goddess' will, and Caius, who seeks the goddess' demise to envelope the world in chaos, began as soon as Lightning visited Valhalla and became the goddess' knight. However, time flows uniquely in Valhalla and there are many instances where the same events repeat, so they have both been fighting for a long time.

* From Valhalla all can be seen
Although from Valhalla it is possible to overlook all time and space, as a human being one is unable to grasp everything at once. Lightning understood Noel's name and circumstances, but when she asked him to change the future with Serah, she did not know that this would lead to tragedy for her sister. Lightning's feelings upon learning of the fate of her beloved sister Serah are told in Lightning's downloadable content episode (> P.356),

* The Heart of Chaos
The eerily glowing object in Caius' chest is the 'Heart of Chaos' which grants eternal life. In the distant past, he was a l'Cie tasked with the Focus of protecting the Farseer maiden, and when he turned to crystal he was saved by the goddess, who shared with him her heart. It is this power that allows Caius unlimited use of the Absolute Summoning, and even as the goddess' knight Lightning finds herself pushed into a corner.

Noel, a descendant of the Farseer tribe, has heard about Valhalla and the gates from Yeul, the Farseer maiden from his time and his lover. Because Lightning also knows this, she is hinting at Yeul with the expression 'your time-gazing friend' ['she/girlfriend who sees time' in the Japanese script].

Dialogue & Side-Track Trivia Spotlight

- Caius' dialogue changes during battle
Lightning and Caius' duel plays out using Cinematic Action scenes. In this battle, depending on the number of successful command inputs, Caius'dialogue during will change as shown below. On this note, the line 'in these final moments, I have met my finest opponent' that you can hear when getting both inputs correct means that Caius is trying to destory time itself in this world.

- [screenshot of the battle]
When you decide on the actions such as 'attack' and 'magic', Lightning's dialogue straight after also changes.

= Elements that influence Caius' dialogue
○ Whether you correctly input the commands after selecting either 'melee' or 'gun attack' (if 'melee' then 'up', if 'gun attack' then 'right')
○ Whether you correctly input the commands after selecting either 'Ruinga' or 'Gravity' (if 'Ruinga' then 'mash circle', if 'Gravity' then 'circle')

= Caius' dialogue depending on the command entries
Both correct: 'I must thank you. In these final moments, I have met my finest opponent.'
Only one correct: '[Is it over already!]'
Neither correct: '[Do you fear pain after coming this far!]'

- [battle screenshot]
This is the scene where the dialogue changes. If you fail the input, Caius' lines sound more like provocations.

Thanks. Caius says "Predictable" when you use the magic option. "I have long since cease to feel pain" when you screw up the beam struggle I think. I originally thought the bells during the ending were about Pulse and Lindzei. I would hug you if I could :D

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Thank you Hito!

Thanks. Caius says "Predictable" when you use the magic option. "I have long since cease to feel pain" when you screw up the beam struggle I think. I originally thought the bells during the ending were about Pulse and Lindzei. I would hug you if I could :D

I hope Pulse and Lindzei have more than just a passing role in the FNC, including Lightning's Saga.

I hope Lightning Returns will feature them.

Of course, anyone who's read my posts and such knows i'm a fal'Cie fan.

Anyhow... I did too; and, while I know retcons are a pain in the ass, and it doesn't have to be a retcon truly: I hope the bells still has something to do with them.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
* The Heart of Chaos

Noel, a descendant of the Farseer tribe, has heard about Valhalla and the gates from Yeul, the Farseer maiden from his time and his lover. Because Lightning also knows this, she is hinting at Yeul with the expression 'your time-gazing friend' ['she/girlfriend who sees time' in the Japanese script]. attle screenshot]

1. So he's unique because he died and fulfilled his focus at the same time.

2. That makes me laugh.

Does the "man called Caius Ballad" part have anything interesting or so things we already know?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
1. So he's unique because he died and fulfilled his focus at the same time.

2. That makes me laugh.

Does the "man called Caius Ballad" part have anything interesting or so things we already know?

I wonder if Caius was a Lindzei or a Pulse l'Cie? Hito, does the book say anything about which fal'Cie branded him?

I don't think Caius died, I think he just completed his focus. But... I'm remembering that it's said he died to join with his Bahamut... Not sure what to think now.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think the "multiple versions of the same Eidolons" thing is infinitely stupid, but my attention is caught more by Yuel being called Noel's lover. What was the Japanese there, hito? Was it really confirmed that casually?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
同時代の時詠みの巫女であり恋人だったユール was her description in Japanese.

It is also touched on in the Watanabe/TORIYAMAAAAA interview (my phone autocorrects that on its own, it knows well), but given that Serah has a fiancé in Snow already they didn't really want it to feel like cheating so they gave Noel no feelings of romantic love for Serah and created Yeul instead.

Caius' fate is also mentioned a couple of times which I will look at when I get out of bed.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Shouldn't it be easily concluded that he was a Pulse l'Cie?

Not really, because Yeul was the first human of the world. Who created humans out of Etro's blood? Lindzei. Remember, the big head uncovered in Paddra? That's a fal'Cie. I also wonder if s/he was a Pulse or Lindzei fal'Cie? I just figure that Lindzei has more of a vested interest, so the fal'Cie and Caius's l'Cie-hood could be his (or her, still hope/think Lindzei is male).

Splintered

unsavory tart
The Caius l'cie thing is strange in of itself. For one it doesn't seem to have any time limit, and two I was never sure if they mentioned he went through a branding or he just inherited the focus, if that's even possible.

同時代の時詠みの巫女であり恋人だったユール was her description in Japanese.

It is also touched on in the Watanabe/TORIYAMAAAAA interview (my phone autocorrects that on its own, it knows well), but given that Serah has a fiancé in Snow already they didn't really want it to feel like cheating so they gave Noel no feelings of romantic love for Serah and created Yeul instead.
I remember that translation only because a lot of people were upset because they still believed Serah/Noel had a chance. Personally I never thought Snow/Serah would break up but I was surprised Noel/Yuel were suppose to be romantic.

There were signs in the game but they never explicitly made it clear. The novels are definitely more shippy though.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Shouldn't it be easily concluded that he was a Pulse l'Cie?

This comment also made me think:

Anyone else notice that (at least in XIII's worlds) Pulse fal'Cie take l'Cie more often than Lindzei fal'Cie. Further more, it seems that Lindzei fal'Cie make immediate Cieth more often.

Lighting and Hope began to think that the fal'Cie kept humans like pets. Eh... Honestly, I don't think that's the case at all.

Of course we don't get opinion of Kajata and Phoenix and Carbuncle, et al., but we do get a glimpse (at least) of Eden's opinion in chapter four of part four of the prequel story. And through her, now that I think of it, we get a glimpse into the other fal'Cie's opinions. It is stated by Barthandelus as Galenth Dysley that Eden admonished him, saying that she (Eden's a her, dammit, but this is not said in story!) and the other fal'Cie wish for the humans to not fear, to return to life as normal, so to stop the searching at Euride Gorge (referring to when Fang and Vanille were about to attack Kajata) and to take down the barriers there and in surrounding areas.

Barthandelus, we do get more of and idea, and through him, I feel, we do so with Orphan as well. He didn't see humans as pets. He saw them and didn't understand them. He didn't see what their reason was: when fal'Cie were to further life, humans seemed to enjoy ending it, or modifying it. He didn't like them. He didn't like having to take care of them. He sought the day he could be free of the thankless job of providing for them. Sadly, that meant taking his and other lives with him, fal'Cie and non. Still, it was a better fate/destiny than forever being the head of a place of servitude to a creature that he did not relate with, and just barely could stand to be in the vicinity of. Now, saying this, I think sometime humans amused him. I think they were predictable and this was annoying to him. Lastly, as I've stated before, I think Barthandelus is extremely intelligent (all fal'Cie are, but I think he's a lot like Lindzei - or should I say it this way: If we do ever get to meet Lindzei in the XIII world/story, I would not be surprised if s/he is a lot like Barthandelus. Maybe not as sinister, but definitely I feel Barthandelus is a true son of Lindzei's.) and this intelligence led him to boredom. He was tired, of life as well as his place in it. He wanted out. He wanted to die.

Dammit all, Lindzei and Pulse better love their fal'Cie. Same with Bhunivelze. I'll clobber Bhunivelze if it's not like that. Don't care, I'll insert myself in the game and rightfully feature a 30 minute cut scene or me clobbering him, with a few blows to Lindzei and Pulse to get the point across. Grrrrrr.... :@

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think 'pets' (and IIRC Dysley calling people 'cattle' in the FFXIII novel) kind of ties in to the ultimate purpose Cocoon's fal'Cie had for humans, which was to have them increase in number to the point where killing them at once would open the gate to the Unseen Realm and reunite them with their god.

I kind of assume Caius was like Fang during FFXIII. She no longer had a Focus after being released from the crystal, and Caius is the same. Etro released him from his crystal, and when she did that she deactivated or removed completely other characters' brands.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
"Cattle" is exactly the right word. He always refers to humans as "tools," "fear-addled sheep" and the like.

Arianna said:
He didn't see what their reason was: when fal'Cie were to further life, humans seemed to enjoy ending it, or modifying it. He didn't like them. He didn't like having to take care of them. He sought the day he could be free of the thankless job of providing for them. Sadly, that meant taking his and other lives with him, fal'Cie and non. Still, it was a better fate/destiny than forever being the head of a place of servitude to a creature that he did not relate with, and just barely could stand to be in the vicinity of.

I don't think Baldanders's disdain for humans is implied to be based on anything other than his status as fal'Cie and theirs as human. He doesn't seem to pass judgment on them for their behavior so much as perceive their nature to be that of weak, stupid animals who can't do anything for themselves (ironic given that he can't fulfill his goal without them).

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
"Cattle" is exactly the right word. He always refers to humans as "tools," "fear-addled sheep" and the like.

I don't think Baldanders's disdain for humans is implied to be based on anything other than his status as fal'Cie and theirs as human. He doesn't seem to pass judgment on them for their behavior so much as perceive their nature to be that of weak, stupid animals who can't do anything for themselves (ironic given that he can't fulfill his goal without them).

But then again, humans acted that way. Not so much the "tools" remark, but the fear, and how it's responded to. Barthandelus is indeed very proud. And he knows they can do one thing: destroy and fight. I still stand by my view that it's not just his position as a fal'Cie, which I think is a human lack of understanding of the fal'Cie, both in and outside the game.

I think 'pets' (and IIRC Dysley calling people 'cattle' in the FFXIII novel) kind of ties in to the ultimate purpose Cocoon's fal'Cie had for humans, which was to have them increase in number to the point where killing them at once would open the gate to the Unseen Realm and reunite them with their god.

http://dilly-shilly.blogspot.com/2009/10/final-fantasy-xiii-episode-zero.html

Part IV: Search; Chapter IV:

Sitting in a chair, Fang fiddled with the sword. She had no intentions of stabbing him in the back, but she wasn’t about to let go of her only weapon. If he did anything funny, she would use it on him.

Raines switched on the device that sat on his desk, explaining nothing of his actions. A loud crackle sounded from the machine before voices filled the room.

“Don’t you think it was a little too early to take down the barricade around Euride?”

“But if we held it too long, the citizens would begin to worry. If that happened then there will have been no reason to have hidden the existence of the l’Cie.”

Two men spoke, one young and one old. No... the one was probably not that young, just younger than the other one.

“What... is this?” Fang said. Raines put his finger to his lips and motioned for her to listen. The younger man continued.

“We could at least continue to investigate until the l’Cie is captured...”

“Already rumors are circulating that what happened at Euride was no mere accident. If we kept up the barricade and investigation, those rumors would only grow.”

The voice of a woman interrupted him. It was the same woman who Raines talked with two days ago.

“If it’s information you’re worried about, there is a way we could manipulate it.”

“And by that, you mean people will only listen to what they want to hear? What foolish people.”

Just who was this old man? She could figure out that he was someone with a high rank, but just who did he think he was, looking down on people like that?

“That is the representative of the Sanctum, Galenth Dysley. The other two are lieutenants Rosch and Nabaat of PSICOM.”

Fang remembered, that woman’s name was Nabaat.

“But I just received a reprimand from fal’Cie Eden. They have said to not hide the truth from the people. It seems the fal’Cie was displeased with what I was doing, even though it was for the sake of the people.”

“Fal’Cie Eden said...?”

“Yes, they said to lift the barricade, and to cease the investigation. They wish for the lives of the people to return to normal.”

“That’s madness! There are escaped l’Cie out there, who we haven’t even found a trace of let alone caught. If we leave them be they could go and destroy something else!”

“I agree, but I am nothing but a spokesperson for the fal’Cie. I cannot go against their commands.”

A blip sounded, and the conversation cut off as suddenly as it had begun.

“Our inside man was recording it.”

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Doesn't that go along with what I was saying? Dysley mocks humans for their dependence on the fal'Cie and ignorance about the centuries-long plot for which they were prepared.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Doesn't that go along with what I was saying? Dysley mocks humans for their dependence on the fal'Cie and ignorance about the centuries-long plot for which they were prepared.

I never took his words as baseless. Mocking and disdainful, yes, but not because he was fal'Cie and they were human. As for ignorance of their place in the plot to open the door... I don't know if Barthandelus would hold that against them because of the fact that the fal'Cie specifically kept it from them. His words seem more exasperated to the fact that whatever happened, no matter how good they had it, the humans still found something to fight about.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
He never mentions that, though. Just calls them cattle, sheep, easily manipulated, overly dependent, ignorant, tools produced in a factory, says they should know their place, etc.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
He never mentions that, though. Just calls them cattle, sheep, easily manipulated, overly dependent, ignorant, tools produced in a factory, says they should know their place, etc.

The "they should know their place" comment, to be fair, was said in response to the l'Cie's refusal to complete their focus as Barthandelus described it.

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Does the Ultimania contain anything of interest about the fal'Cie Gods?

Does this entry "The man named Caius Ballad" have anything interesting?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I've read that Caius was in love with Yeul in the JP version. Is that true?

Top Bottom