Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
This is not the future LS scene, these are Tifa’s memories especially. We specifically see Stargazer Heights too, in fact it’s the first thing I saw there.
Yeah sorry I went a bit ahead of myself because of the theory that Tifa memories and future LS scene are one and the same. The fact that Young Cloud is helping her during her trial in the temple show us something important I think. All the party is just living a past memory when her trial is kinda metaphorical at first with her younger self dancing and young Cloud waiting for her. They litteraly teased us lmao

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Still in awe sometimes of how much development they gave the two of them and how it fits so well with the original FF7 as well, whilst a lot of the rest game wasn’t adapted as well.

It’s really no wonder why even reviewers were highlighting their dynamic and relationship

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah sorry I went a bit ahead of myself because of the theory that Tifa memories and future LS scene are one and the same. The fact that Young Cloud is helping her during her trial in the temple show us something important I think. All the party is just living a past memory when her trial is kinda metaphorical at first with her younger self dancing and young Cloud waiting for her. They litteraly teased us lmao
Spoiler TotA:

I think the Cloud in her trial was a big hint of real Cloud being present during the Nibelheim incident, since young!Cloud (although here it's teen!Cloud) always represents the true!Cloud. I think they used the teen instead of young Cloud because of the promise, to show he was there and that he indeed fulfilled his promise to Tifa.

luminous03

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Play
Spoiler TotA:

I think the Cloud in her trial was a big hint of real Cloud being present during the Nibelheim incident, since young!Cloud (although here it's teen!Cloud) always represents the true!Cloud. I think they used the teen instead of young Cloud because of the promise, to show he was there and that he indeed fulfilled his promise to Tifa.
That actually makes totally sense 👏

Eerie

Fire and Blood
OK spoilers for the ending:

I'm sorry to put all the tweets bec ause I know if you don't have Twitter you won't be able to see the chain of tweets. This is an interesting thing - we already saw discrepancies in Midgar at the end of Remake, but we had the answer: it was a world within the Lifestream. However we know that this is unlikely the case here: is Sephiroth, when he is corrupting the Lifestream, also corrupting the world? And yeah I thought it was Stargazer Heights but it does look like Tifa's house there, which would make sense if those are... Cloud's memories.

In ToTP, Tifa talks about becoming the village's memories. Are we going to see that? I mean, this is heavy remodelling and there's no one but her to be able to say "that's not it". I just saw this and I'm still trying to process, sorry for the rambling!

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
OK spoilers for the ending:

I'm sorry to put all the tweets bec ause I know if you don't have Twitter you won't be able to see the chain of tweets. This is an interesting thing - we already saw discrepancies in Midgar at the end of Remake, but we had the answer: it was a world within the Lifestream. However we know that this is unlikely the case here: is Sephiroth, when he is corrupting the Lifestream, also corrupting the world? And yeah I thought it was Stargazer Heights but it does look like Tifa's house there, which would make sense if those are... Cloud's memories.

In ToTP, Tifa talks about becoming the village's memories. Are we going to see that? I mean, this is heavy remodelling and there's no one but her to be able to say "that's not it". I just saw this and I'm still trying to process, sorry for the rambling!

Idk. Tbh this makes me worried about the lifestream sequence and the amount of random bs they will add to it

The best part about the OGs sequence is how simplistic it actually is but also how much it reveals and turns everything on its head.

The worst thing they could do is double down and make this massive set piece full off bullshit, multiples worlds, fights, whispers crap as well

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Idk. Tbh this makes me worried about the lifestream sequence and the amount of random bs they will add to it

The best part about the OGs sequence is how simplistic it actually is but also how much it reveals and turns everything on its head.

The worst thing they could do is double down and make this massive set piece full off bullshit, multiples worlds, fights, whispers crap as well

I think it doesn't matter because the Lifestream seemingly has already been corrupted, so it means that it will have to be uncorrupted in some way. Tifa is the memory of Nibelheim as it stood truly, as Cloud's unable to tell what's real from what's fake now. I don't think they'll need to fight the Whispers or even Sephiroth, IMHO the Lifestream sequence will still be very intimate because that's how it was. It's going to be expanded upon greatly though.

As I said, Sephiroth is going under with the power of love lol.

Last edited:

cgnVirtue

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Virtue
considering they’ve already confirmed another song for the final game (annoyingly)
This is the only acceptable option
I have read this take too, and I’ve seen it multiple times today now. They teased the idea during
Tifa’s Gold Saucer date.
I genuinely hope that we get a duet in the way that Tifa’s theme is a duet. And if they do a duet from Tifa and Cloud’s perspective to each other? Oh boy sign me up.

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
Re: Rebirth ending stuff
Very cool details, but I'm not super worried about it cluttering up the Lifestream sequence, because if anything I think it'll just be used by Sephiroth to gaslight Cloud/Tifa at the Northern Crater. LS sequence itself I imagine would be similar to how it was handled in Gongaga, except expanded, and that was by far my favorite chapter in Rebirth so I have faith. (Don't make me eat my words, SE!)

All this talk about part 3 already, but we've barely even discussed a very important little something from Rebirth in this thread...
The GS date/kiss!

Like with the hug in Remake, if you had told me before the game came out that Cloud and Tifa were going to kiss in Rebirth, I would have called you a liar. It's way too early in their relationship! But like the hug in Remake, I would again have to eat my words, because the way the scene plays out is absolutely perfect for where they are right now.

Usually a kiss is the emphatic conclusion of a romantic arc (especially for a series like Final Fantasy), but not for Cloud and Tifa. Their entire journey together thus far has almost been a story of one step forwards, two steps back. This is the high before we get to the lowest lows of ToTA through the Northern Crater in the next game.

Cloud and Tifa are also pretty much the only couple where a moment as big as their first kiss could be locked behind an optional scene, because their "second" kiss, once real!Cloud returns, will mean just as much, if not more.

Cloud bringing up Zack/Aerith on the Gondola is actually kind of a great thing because it reminds us that this is not the end state of their relationship -- they still have so much further to go. The biggest obstacle in their relationship isn't a third party, it's not even Sephiroth, it's Cloud's mixed up memories. That's why they fight in Kalm, that's why they aren't able to fully clear up their misunderstandings in Junon, that's why Cloud attacks her in Gongaga, and that's why things are still tense when they return to Nibelheim.

But this time when Cloud brings it up, Tifa decides to file it away for the moment, she doesn't want to let it ruin their night. She's being a little selfish for once, allowing herself to get swept away by the romantic nature of their surroundings. Talking about their relationship and their past, while avoiding the parts of their past that makes it such a difficult subject in the first place. For one brief moment, she avoids the giant elephant in the room, and through that, what transpires is probably one of the most unambigously romantic scenes in all of Final Fantasy?

For once, there's no undercurrent of "Are you really you? Were you really there?" in their conversation. It's entirely about the nature of their feelings for each other and whether the other feels the same.

The way the fireworks are perfectly timed to illuminate Tifa's beatific smile before the reverse shot of Cloud, eyes lit up in awe, until the intimacy of their gaze and the implications of her statement force them to look away.

How each of them reacts after Tifa asks if she's getting ahead of herself is such a perfect encapsulation of their characters and their relationship up to this point. Cloud doesn't know who he is, he doesn't even know what's real, but when it comes to his feelings for her? Of that he's sure. And he's not going to fuck it up like he did last time, in the garden when she was looking for comfort and he took a little too long to react. This time, he doesn't hesitate, he won't let her linger for another moment in doubt.

Then there's Tifa who still hesitates even after Cloud extends his hand. The normal boy she fell in love with is sometimes so distant that he once again feels like that unreachable star, but here he is now, offering to pull her closer. She can't believe it's real, and there's still a little part of her who doubts that even he is real, but with that small nod and smile, he reassures her one more time, and finally she takes his hand and allows herself to be swept away.

Anyways, incredible scene, A+, no notes, can still hardly believe my eyes and ears despite rewatching it a very normal number of times, lol

Also smart place to put it narratively because they have absolutely no time to discuss the implications or "define the relationship" (lmao) because everything immediately goes to hell and Cloud pretty much loses his mind from ToTA and on until it's restored in the Lifestream sequence.

I think I'd like to see Tifa initiate their next kiss since their first is Cloud initiating/reassuring her in a moment of vulnerability. Their next would come after the Lifestream, where Cloud is at his most vulnerable, after he's just bared his soul to her, revealing the weakest and most humiliating parts of himself. Do you still love me now that you know that I'm like this? But by then he'll be asking a Tifa who no longer has any doubts. He is the boy she grew up with and fell in love with. And her answer will be an emphatic yes.

So I guess I am coming around to the idea of them kissing after the Lifestream scene, LOL.

But regardless, what an incredible ride this has been. Can't wait for part 3.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Very cool details, but I'm not super worried about it cluttering up the Lifestream sequence, because if anything I think it'll just be used by Sephiroth to gaslight Cloud/Tifa at the Northern Crater. LS sequence itself I imagine would be similar to how it was handled in Gongaga, except expanded, and that was by far my favorite chapter in Rebirth so I have faith. (Don't make me eat my words, SE!)

All this talk about part 3 already, but we've barely even discussed a very important little something from Rebirth in this thread...
The GS date/kiss!

Like with the hug in Remake, if you had told me before the game came out that Cloud and Tifa were going to kiss in Rebirth, I would have called you a liar. It's way too early in their relationship! But like the hug in Remake, I would again have to eat my words, because the way the scene plays out is absolutely perfect for where they are right now.

Usually a kiss is the emphatic conclusion of a romantic arc (especially for a series like Final Fantasy), but not for Cloud and Tifa. Their entire journey together thus far has almost been a story of one step forwards, two steps back. This is the high before we get to the lowest lows of ToTA through the Northern Crater in the next game.

Cloud and Tifa are also pretty much the only couple where a moment as big as their first kiss could be locked behind an optional scene, because their "second" kiss, once real!Cloud returns, will mean just as much, if not more.

Cloud bringing up Zack/Aerith on the Gondola is actually kind of a great thing because it reminds us that this is not the end state of their relationship -- they still have so much further to go. The biggest obstacle in their relationship isn't a third party, it's not even Sephiroth, it's Cloud's mixed up memories. That's why they fight in Kalm, that's why they aren't able to fully clear up their misunderstandings in Junon, that's why Cloud attacks her in Gongaga, and that's why things are still tense when they return to Nibelheim.

But this time when Cloud brings it up, Tifa decides to file it away for the moment, she doesn't want to let it ruin their night. She's being a little selfish for once, allowing herself to get swept away by the romantic nature of their surroundings. Talking about their relationship and their past, while avoiding the parts of their past that makes it such a difficult subject in the first place. For one brief moment, she avoids the giant elephant in the room, and through that, what transpires is probably one of the most unambigously romantic scenes in all of Final Fantasy?

For once, there's no undercurrent of "Are you really you? Were you really there?" in their conversation. It's entirely about the nature of their feelings for each other and whether the other feels the same.

The way the fireworks are perfectly timed to illuminate Tifa's beatific smile before the reverse shot of Cloud, eyes lit up in awe, until the intimacy of their gaze and the implications of her statement force them to look away.

How each of them reacts after Tifa asks if she's getting ahead of herself is such a perfect encapsulation of their characters and their relationship up to this point. Cloud doesn't know who he is, he doesn't even know what's real, but when it comes to his feelings for her? Of that he's sure. And he's not going to fuck it up like he did last time, in the garden when she was looking for comfort and he took a little too long to react. This time, he doesn't hesitate, he won't let her linger for another moment in doubt.

Then there's Tifa who still hesitates even after Cloud extends his hand. The normal boy she fell in love with is sometimes so distant that he once again feels like that unreachable star, but here he is now, offering to pull her closer. She can't believe it's real, and there's still a little part of her who doubts that even he is real, but with that small nod and smile, he reassures her one more time, and finally she takes his hand and allows herself to be swept away.

Anyways, incredible scene, A+, no notes, can still hardly believe my eyes and ears despite rewatching it a very normal number of times, lol

Also smart place to put it narratively because they have absolutely no time to discuss the implications or "define the relationship" (lmao) because everything immediately goes to hell and Cloud pretty much loses his mind from ToTA and on until it's restored in the Lifestream sequence.

I think I'd like to see Tifa initiate their next kiss since their first is Cloud initiating/reassuring her in a moment of vulnerability. Their next would come after the Lifestream, where Cloud is at his most vulnerable, after he's just bared his soul to her, revealing the weakest and most humiliating parts of himself. Do you still love me now that you know that I'm like this? But by then he'll be asking a Tifa who no longer has any doubts. He is the boy she grew up with and fell in love with. And her answer will be an emphatic yes.

So I guess I am coming around to the idea of them kissing after the Lifestream scene, LOL.

damn I really need that to happen now. With voice acting they could really go ham with Cloud and his failures of not becoming Soldier and that struggle because he thought he needed to become that for Tifa, whilst she was already in love with him and was always good enough for her…

It really is beautiful. Tifa helping Cloud accept his failings and that he was always the only thing she ever wanted whilst Sephiroth could never come to terms with what he found out so went off the deep end…

So fucking good

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
damn I really need that to happen now. With voice acting they could really go ham with Cloud and his failures of not becoming Soldier and that struggle because he thought he needed to become that for Tifa, whilst she was already in love with him and was always good enough for her…

It really is beautiful. Tifa helping Cloud accept his failings and that he was always the only thing she ever wanted whilst Sephiroth could never come to terms with what he found out so went off the deep end…

So fucking good
Yeah, they can do so much with voice acting alone. Like when Tifa realizes Cloud was there and that he kept his promise.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The GS date/kiss!

See,

I knew you'd see the light about a CT kiss in the LS sequence 💖 I think it'd perfectly fit and indicate that yes, this is a romantic sequence, and yes, HE STILL LOVES HER, this is not a thing of the past! That's why I feel it would be good placed there.

There's so much to do still before we can see that (hopefully lol), but I feel that Nomura really wants FFVII past him. He's done, the p3 will be the last one, and that's probably also why the ending will feel a bit happier, even if leading to ACC.

cgnVirtue

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Virtue

The GS date/kiss!

The point you mention, that during their date Tifa decides to be a little bit selfish and ignore the elephant in the room, I think is super interesting.
One thing I admire a lot about Tifa as a character is that she’s been through so much, she’s seen so much of the ugly of humanity and yet she isn’t this jaded cynical person. She’s still caring, she’s still kind, and she’s still such a sweetheart.
In her trial at the temple, one could make the argument that she lost her innocence the day of the Nibelheim incident. And I don’t necessarily disagree.

But onto my point.
During their Gold Saucer date, I think her looking past all the complicated Zack/Cloud stuff is a reminder that deep down she still has that little girl inside of her. The girl at the beginning of ToTP.
The girl that sends emails to Zack asking if he knows a blonde soldier. The kind of girl that dreams of being rescued by her knight in shining armor, so to speak.
Throughout the story, especially in Rebirth Tifa is the voice of reason. The person who has their head on the most straight. And since the Nibelheim incident she’s had to be strong and keep her head high for her own sake and other people’s sake. She’s never looking for opportunities to share her burdens.

Enter: Cloud Strife. The boy she fell in love with when she was young. Suddenly he’s back and he’s acting kind of weird, but he’s showing glimpses of that same normal boy to her. It’s enough for her to, even for one night, let that little girl from the water tower out. A side of her that nobody except for Cloud has seen. Yes, she hesitates. But she does let it out when she finally accepts his hand. I know it’s not a mandatory scene but I think it shows Tifa that the boy from Nibelheim is definitely still in there, so she shows him that she’s still the same girl that’s always loved him. The girl that’s been waiting for her hero all this time.

I think it’s a sweet little parallel between the two that they can show such vulnerable parts of themselves to each other (and we’re still pre-lifestream.)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
How much longer do we wait before we don’t have to spoiler tag?

Not a huge issue but it has been over a month now after all.

Ginkgo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
All this recent talk about NPTK and Uematsu writing another song for part 3 has me thinking and I really hope we get a scene under the highwind similar to 'Suteki Da Ne' from FFX. They need to go all out after what Tifa's going through.

shady

Pro Adventurer
All this recent talk about NPTK and Uematsu writing another song for part 3 has me thinking and I really hope we get a scene under the highwind similar to 'Suteki Da Ne' from FFX. They need to go all out after what Tifa's going through.
I think if anything that might happen towards the end of the Lifestream scene, most of the devs love that sequence more than anything else in FF7. I'd take either though to be fair lol

Top Bottom