Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
See, the other cool thing about Glasses, is that he gets to be the driver. ...of the Chocobo. I remember reading in some of the older scans that their car like a "Chocobo" model, rather like how the airships in FFXII were named after classic espers.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
<<" Thank you Schala for hijacking my hijacked thread.

Chocobo model? Like... "Black Chocobo" or something? I didn't know there was any difference between Chocobos other then color.

Or are they going to make differences?

Speaking of cars, I love the juxtaposition they have made with weapons and technology. They mentioned that in an interview once upon too. You gut the guys wearing plate armor wielding modern day weapons, and you have Noctis in his modern clothing weilding swords.

:D It's a nice twist.

[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=54.msg1139#msg1139 date=1228775738]
See, the other cool thing about Glasses, is that he gets to be the driver. ...of the Chocobo. I remember reading in some of the older scans that their car like a "Chocobo" model, rather like how the airships in FFXII were named after classic espers.
[/quote]I get it. Chocobos are like horses... mustang... I'm looking way too deeply into this. :monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Happy to be of service Dumb Apple. :monster:

Okay, went back to find the original quote (thank you Gamekyo image archiving) and here it is -

"By the way, the hood emblem of this limousine, has the design of the standard series mode of transportation - the Chocobo." (And I have no idea why they're calling it a limo, 'cause it's not. It's a sports car)

So I guess there's a cute chocobo hood ornament that we haven't seen?

Oh, and just a silly observation - the car has a vanity plate with Noct's last name on it. It's a lil hard to see, but if you squint you can make out "Caelum" on there.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=54.msg1244#msg1244 date=1228852471](And I have no idea why they're calling it a limo, 'cause it's not. It's a sports car) [/quote]

The interior seems to be extended a little bit. Noctis seems to have more foot room there than in an ordinary car, and there is of course the separation of driver and passenger compartments so it qualifies as limousine imo.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Oh definitly, and with this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLeCjySMi8"]YouTube - Kill Bill Volume 1 Clip[/ame] playing in the background aswell :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Username link=topic=54.msg1290#msg1290 date=1228871318]
This game is gonna be bloody mental, i'm guessing it will come secound best after FF7.
[/quote]

We haven't even seen gameplay footage yet...it's a little bit premature to make these kind of statements imo.

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=54.msg1274#msg1274 date=1228867559]
Oh definitly, and with this: this music playing in the background aswell :monster:
[/quote]

That'd be awesome :monster:

And when are they intending to show the gameplay... if at all, I mean?

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
>.< Shh!

There has been screens of Gameplay, but no real footage of it yet. Jump Festa maybe? [That is, assuming we ever see the Jump Festa Trailer].

D: Nothing playable as of yet, though. This is something that I'll have at least another year to coo over.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have very little faith in this game being entertaining at all for me, much like XIII itself. Nothing I've seen or read has been very impressive at all.

But hey, hold out hope.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Lol at the shots of multiple Noctis's

"New to FFXIII Versus - Shadow Clones!"

Still I'm yet to decide my opinion on Versus, after seeing Noctis with his buds I nearly died of laughter thinking "Hahaha! It's the final fantasy Nsync!"
Plus after the news that some fasion company is designing outfits for it and gonna be selling some of them (And I bet everyone will buy them for cosplay) I'm getting the vibe that Versus is just gonna be one big bishie fasion comercial.

At the moment I've placing all my hopes on the other two titles (especialy Agito as that looks the most promising to me)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Oh wow, someone else who thinks Agito looks the most promising? Wow. I thought I was one of the very few.

I'm getting the vibe that Versus is just gonna be one big bishie fasion comercial.

My brain agrees with you :monster: I am not afrais to admit that my lusty girl hormones kind of blind me when it comes to glasses man :(

Fabula Nova Crystallis doesn't hold my full attention like it did a couple of years ago. Same thing happened with FF12. I might follow it very mildly until its release, but with the slow production pace it'll be a bit of a drag.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=54.msg1681#msg1681 date=1229054551]
Oh wow, someone else who thinks Agito looks the most promising? Wow. I thought I was one of the very few.
[/quote]

Add me to the club.

Purple

Charmed
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=54.msg1631#msg1631 date=1229036981]
You can see some at the bottom of this page, purple.
[/quote]

Thanks. Hmm, looks interesting.  :neo:

Edit:

Shivaaaaa!!!

2njx7hc.jpg

not sure if its for Versus or FFXIII

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Motorcycle Shiva is freaking stupid.

[quote author=NoenGaruth link=topic=54.msg1661#msg1661 date=1229047219]
Still I'm yet to decide my opinion on Versus, after seeing Noctis with his buds I nearly died of laughter thinking "Hahaha! It's the final fantasy Nsync!"
[/quote]OMG! Now I automatically love it :monster:

Top Bottom