Shin Megami Tensei series

I ordered a physical copy of SMTV but it got lost in the mail apparently :(. It was through Amazon so at least getting a refund was easy, guess I'll try again. :monster: I'm really looking forward to playing it, it's been a long time since I've played SMT and I think it's been a really long time since I played something turn-based in general (Octopath Traveller didn't really hold my interest).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
SMTV sold 143k copies during its launch week in Japan, ranking #3 in the franchise first week performance.

SMT-Sales-Chart.png

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was considering playing the persona 3 port that's on game pass since i haven't played p3 in a long time and never for portable, but now i'm wondering about waiting

although i might still play the p3p port if this isn't going to have the protagonist option

also, how about including the content from p3 fes

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Hopefully it will have the features/content of both games. I'm really excited it is being remade as neither game was complete imho: if you wanted good combat you had to go without being able to walk, and I thought that was a shit choice to have to make. If FemC is not available it's not the end of the world for me, though I do prefer her since she is a less tropy character and I really like her dialog options.

I just can't believe trailers for both my favorite and second favorite games dropped within a day from each other. :aah:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I just can't believe trailers for both my favorite and second favorite games dropped within a day from each other.

Heeey. FF7 and P3 are my first and second favorite games as well!

To me, FF7's theme is life, while P3's is death. Two sides of the same coin. Their individual messages have been so influential to me throughout my life, more than any other piece of media by a longshot.

Truly a wild past two days. I've been glued to my phone :lol:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
This is a big step up from the P5 anime cutscnes that, outside of the opening animation, had very average directing and middling visual cohesion.
0612_3_img1-pgptwzr6mgdq2.jpg
FyW7HtbXsAID3zn

This is clearly a shot from the new Opening animation and it goes RAW.
0612_3_img11-pgptwzr6mgdq2.jpg

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I take solace in knowing that Suzie Yeung, Yuffie's voice actor, is going to be Fuuka and Aleks Le, Sonon's voice actor, is going to be the Protagonist.

It was leaked a while ago on Resetera that P3R wouldn't include FeMC, but now that the news is official, the surprise is settling in.

I absolutely think choosing your form would've been possible to implement had it been a goal since the beginning of development. Here's some things I think they could've done to make it cost effective:

Use them/they pronouns in the game script. That way they only need one version, instead of balancing two.

Merge the best social links from both paths into one. That way they don't need to make any more social links than what the usual Persona game has.

Only have the opening and ending anime cutscenes feature the protagonist. The other scenes can either be rendered in real-time, or cut in such a way that the protagonist isn't shown at all. For example, the scene of Tartarus appearing doesn't need to include the protagonist, just the party's reactions.

After that, it's just a matter of building/recording the separate assets for the 3D models.

Additionally, as someone who enjoyed The Answer enough to play through it twice, its absence is a bummer for me personally.

It's wild how much Atlus misread the assignment on this one. For over a decade, folks have been clamoring for a P3 remake specifically because no definitive version exists. Instead of addressing that, they kinda added a third fighter to the ring. A bit confounding.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's wild how much Atlus misread the assignment on this one. For over a decade, folks have been clamoring for a P3 remake specifically because no definitive version exists. Instead of addressing that, they kinda added a third fighter to the ring. A bit confounding.
How Squarian of them.

And huh, I didn't consider the fact that they would be revoicing the thing, I guess it makes sense, as the presentation of cutscenes will likely change. That'll be an adjustment :P

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Maybe FemC will be a DLC in the future? I'm not really a fan of that but it's better than nothing.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they did do something like that with smt3 remaster. the base game being the previously not-sold-separately chronicles version of maniacs with raidou in place of dante, and they added the option to switch to the dante content via dlc. changing the mc is a bigger feat than just adding dante though (think of all the menus they need to make pink), but

maybe

dlc metis

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Maybe FemC will be a DLC in the future? I'm not really a fan of that but it's better than nothing.

This seems unlikely to me. None of the modern Persona games ever got a female protagonist, and Persona 6 will probably be the same. FemMC in portable felt like an experiment, one that Atlus has demonstrated no interest in repeating.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Officially confirmed to release also on PS4/5 & PC, no Switch confirmation yet.

From Atlus press release:

“Now through launch, please visit the Persona 3 Reload website for news announcements and the ATLUS West social channels to check out special teasers shared on each official full moon date.”

2023 Full Moon dates:
* July 3rd
* August 1
* August 31
* September 29
* October 28
* November 27
* December 27th

Last edited:
Top Bottom